• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about high seas boats

Belmarduk

Adventurer
I have a macro that moves all shoes into my trash-barrel at home - are also a few turn-in points after a while
So when I jump home to empty fish/mib-loot etc, I quickly go to my trash-barrel and let the macro move all shoes into it

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, but they should
100% agree. If they did UO would have just made $$$ because that would be worth buying High Seas.

Bring a goat.
I have a macro that moves all shoes into my trash-barrel at home - are also a few turn-in points after a while
So when I jump home to empty fish/mib-loot etc, I quickly go to my trash-barrel and let the macro move all shoes into it
I actually just toss stuff in the sea serpents corpses. Reason I asked is because I went on a MIB hunting spree for a few weeks and have about 300 to do. Hate just tossing stuff when I could get points for it but I'm not going to make 100 trips to empty trash in a barrel somewhere.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My usual method is to put one of the chests down on the deck. Loot the junk from one chest to the other. When approaching 400 stone (or 125 items), gate to luna and toss the chest, then run back through the gate. I put all the gold into my Beetle, to not waste trans powder.

As Antique items are worth ZERO clean-up points, if you aren't saving them to unravel, you can do as Zeke suggested, and drop them (and the footwear, and any 50-stone items) on a goat or a convenient monster corpse.

Using these methods (and extra bags, for the TH - using a 5-slot Beetle compared to the fisher's 1-slotter), both my T-hunter and fisher are well over 200k points each from 0, JUST from doing SOS and level 1-5 T-maps over the last 3 months.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I use the footwear to fill small BODs.

As for the other items, I unravel the items. That actually got my imbuer to 120 - took some time but no resources were wasted. The gems can be used by the imbuer and the scrolls are great for the mage that sell spellbooks.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I use the footwear to fill small BODs.
This!
It's been ages since we last played on our fisherman (apart from fishing up the staff/staves for the quest last year), but he still has a BOD-book with shoe-wear BODs. :)

Delores D

Journeyman
I do sos's a lot. I fish up a lot of things most of the time before the chest. Those go into a bag. When the chest comes up I take the gold out and dump it in the hold. Then I toss the chest in. When I run out of room in the hold I start stacking things on the deck.

I only do about 10 chests at a time. When I finish getting all of the chests, I do one area at a time (sw, se, nw, ne) and you aren't running from one side of the globe to another. I send the gold to the bank, (I can make between 100 and 100k a trip). I then gate back and forth and put the chests in boxes at my fishing spot in the castle.
I sort things between jems, scrolls, armor and weapons, and reagents. The jems I keep, the only scrolls I keep are mark, recall and gate for making rune books.

The armor weapons I sorta sort through them but most go to people needing imbuing supply's or to learn imbueing. Reagents I hang on to.

Oh and the stuff I pull up before fishing. Clean up points.

If you leave things on the deck to long they will disappear which is why I only do the 10 and in a single area at a time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
usually, if you use a fresh chest you fished up to collect the items, it will hit max capacity along before it can decay. It's then just a matter of getting it to a trash can, and starting fresh with a new chest when you go back fishing.