• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question about freeplay on EA land

G

i wanted to come back but i am not sure how i can get the freeplay?

M

Monkeybear

It isn't available yet but when it will be freeplay will be very limited, 1 sim, less bonus, cannot own houses etc.

G

thanks because i tried get in ea land - it only shows test centre or the sims online - the ea land is greyed out on log in screen

M

mattnotley2004

<blockquote><hr>

EA Land is only for subscribers

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it always going to be "only for subscribers"? Or will they be opening it to everyone soon?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

EA Land is only for subscribers

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it always going to be "only for subscribers"? Or will they be opening it to everyone soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The buzz I've heard is that it will always be just for subscribers.....that free players will be restricted to TC3, which honestly makes no sense to me. Why would they restrict players who aren't paying anything into the game to being TESTERS for the game, when that is what the paying subscribers do? I'm fine with free players not getting any startup money and only having one sim instead of the 4, but I do wish they'd let free players into EA Land too

M

mike1977

Yeah, and I can see TC3 being dead because everyone will be playing in EA-Land, unless EA-Land goes down...then people will head over to TC3 for the time being to get their fix....lol

M

mattnotley2004

Geez that sucks. Ah well, I'll still check it out, but being limited to TC3 is too much of a restriction for me to continue playing.

T

turtleface

I'm sure i herd that there will be free play in ea land, but very restricted.

G

I believe it is also to keep free players from using the money sellback feature, which is disabled in TC3.

Maybe once other priorities are met, they will work on an effective coding to restrict freeplayers from using the feature in EA Land.

I don't really see the problem, since TC3 is just like EA Land....as some of the board wags have already noted....so they should do just fine there.

After all, what do you expect for *free*?

G

Ok i cant reg. ea-land,do i have to buy the time code game in order to do this?

G

Only paid subscribers can play in the new EA Land, but there is also a bug with some paid players not being able to get into EA Land.

Check out the information in the Tech Forum about signing up and various problem/solutions. Post in the appropriate thread, there, if you still have questions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't really see the problem, since TC3 is just like EA Land....as some of the board wags have already noted....so they should do just fine there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, now it's identical, but ostencibly one day TC3 would be used like the first TC used to be used for the production cities with the new features tested there first. Like you say, what can you expect for free, so why would they put the free players in a place where they get new features 2-4 weeks before the paying customers do? The only possible advantage I could see for this, is it *might* entice free players to become premium players, but that's a gamble. It'd make better sense to me to do it in the reverse.....to have free players be EA Land only, and if you want the privilege of testing things before they are rolled out to everybody else, then you have to subscribe to have a sim in TC3. Like I said, I'm OK with all the other restrictions, besides not being able to make money in-game. That too also seems counterproductive. Seems like it would be worthwhile to allow free players to earn money in TC3, but at a GREATLY reduced rate from premium players, plus not having the 500 simolean a week bonus, plus not being able to sell back simoleans to EA. If I was a free player, all these things combined would sure be enough to make me go from free to premium if it was at all possible for me to do so, but as it stands if I couldn't be a premium player then it wouldn't even be worth it for me to try it as a premium member.....I mean honestly, what is there to do in game besides chat, skill, and make money in the first place? Completely turn off one of those 3 features and how much of a draw is it going to be in converting free players to premium?

G

*ttl*

I'm sure once they work out the details free play will be allowed in EA Land because this is how they will draw visitors for the other games that will eventually be included in the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, now it's identical, but ostencibly one day TC3 would be used like the first TC used to be used for the production cities with the new features tested there first. Like you say, what can you expect for free, so why would they put the free players in a place where they get new features 2-4 weeks before the paying customers do? The only possible advantage I could see for this, is it *might* entice free players to become premium players, but that's a gamble. It'd make better sense to me to do it in the reverse.....to have free players be EA Land only, and if you want the privilege of testing things before they are rolled out to everybody else, then you have to subscribe to have a sim in TC3. Like I said, I'm OK with all the other restrictions, besides not being able to make money in-game. That too also seems counterproductive. Seems like it would be worthwhile to allow free players to earn money in TC3, but at a GREATLY reduced rate from premium players, plus not having the 500 simolean a week bonus, plus not being able to sell back simoleans to EA. If I was a free player, all these things combined would sure be enough to make me go from free to premium if it was at all possible for me to do so, but as it stands if I couldn't be a premium player then it wouldn't even be worth it for me to try it as a premium member.....I mean honestly, what is there to do in game besides chat, skill, and make money in the first place? Completely turn off one of those 3 features and how much of a draw is it going to be in converting free players to premium?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez Carrie! How about reading the whole post...it was short enough.....

<blockquote><hr>

I believe it is also to keep free players from using the money sellback feature, which is disabled in TC3.

Maybe once other priorities are met, they will work on an effective coding to restrict freeplayers from using the feature in EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think you and the Devs may be working on a different game plan for who and why there will be "free players" (notice they don't call them free trial players anymore?
)

If EA Land becomes a game hub, then there will be players that never *will* be interested in the TSO game....but only use it as a place to connect with people playing the games they like. ^^

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also think you and the Devs may be working on a different game plan for who and why there will be "free players" (notice they don't call them free trial players anymore?)

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be free players for a variety of reasons, I imagine. And yes I do understand that they don't want them to use the sellback feature, and I don't have a problem with that at all......I will just be glad when they figure out how to, or implement the code that will restrict players from using that feature, but will allow them to play alongside the premium players, that's all I meant. Seems like you took exception to my post, but no offense was meant anywhere......