• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about found weapons

P

Prudentis

Hi smiths,

I am still new to the new UO and wanted to ask, what would be considered a good magic weapon, when found as monster loot.
I keep finding some strange weapons and armor pieces on the angel corpses now and then, and am constantly wondering, if I'm maybe leaving behind good items and picking up trash.
I have a basic understanding of magic property ranges so I leave items with non desirable combination and pick up those that seem to have desirable properties like HML, HLL, HLD, HLA, DI, DCI on weapons or over 50 resists on armor, rings with high luck, etc.
But what about a katana yesterday, which had +68% HLL? I thought HLL could only go up to 50?

So, what items are keepers and which are non sellable junk?

T

Trukx

For me in PvM i go w/ the following list in order of preference:

1. SSI (25+)
2. Mana Leech and S.Slayer -- I will not use any weapon w/o mana leech for PvM. If I dont need SSI because the wep already swings fast enough to cap, mana leech is now #1.
3. HLD
4. HLA
5. Stamina Leech
6. DI
7. Life Leech
8. Hit Chance
9. Defense Chance

Leeches are based on weapon speed now, not a hard cap at 50 per se. It may be capped on something like a kryss at 50 because the kryss swings so fast. But slower weapons can have up to 100% for a leech. Cant find a specific webpage that may break out the new caps by weapon.

P

Prudentis

Thanks Trukx
<blockquote><hr>

1. SSI (25+)
2. Mana Leech and S.Slayer -- I will not use any weapon w/o mana leech for PvM. If I dont need SSI because the wep already swings fast enough to cap, mana leech is now #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
How fast would be fast enough to ignore SSI?
<blockquote><hr>

Leeches are based on weapon speed now, not a hard cap at 50 per se. It may be capped on something like a kryss at 50 because the kryss swings so fast. But slower weapons can have up to 100% for a leech. Cant find a specific webpage that may break out the new caps by weapon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh OK, didn't know this. I basicly rely on the info here on stratics, thus the misinformation. This way, it is even harder for me, to determine the weapon value, since now, I can't even rely on the sources provided

T

Trukx

Quickest way---I have 150 stamina (so that is -5 tics; Stam/30 round down)

Base Speed of a wep= X's (multiple "X" * 4), So something with a base speed of 3.0s=12 Ticks.

Substract stamina bonus from tics=12-5=7 (divide back by 4)=1.75 modified swing speed.

Basically, w/ 150 stamina, you can cap any weap w/ a swing speed of 2.5 or faster w/o SSI. (if you can get your stamina to 180, you can cap a wep w/ a base speed of 2.75). If your weapon base speed is 3.0 or higher, you need SSI to cap.

P

Prudentis

Did I get it right :
1s = 4 ticks
1.25s = 5 ticks = weapon swing cap
SSI 25 = 25% swing speed increase
So with 25 SSI a 12 ticks weapon becomes a 9 tick weapon?

T

Trukx

The formula I posted for w/o SSI in the calculatoin.

the full formula is:

(Weap Speed &lt;in ticks&gt; - Stam Bonus &lt;in tics&gt;) * (100/(100+SSI)

http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase

using your example with a weapon (base speed 3s or 12 ticks) and 25SSI....

If i have ZERO stamina (or less than 30)
(12-0)*(100/(100+25))=12*0.8= 9.6 ticks

using 120 Stamina your swing speed is:
(12-4)*(100/(100+25))= 8*0.8 = 6.4 ticks

Using 150 stamina your swing speed is:
(12-5)*(100/(100+25))=7*0.8= 5.6 ticks

Im pretty sure that ticks round up. So you'd have 10, 7 and 6.