• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about entitlement amnesty and remaking an avatar.

• Thread starter imported_Spacey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Spacey

Now that the cities are merged, I have several of the same looking sim in EALand. (I had a Spacey in pretty much every city.) I would like to delete those "extras" and make a whole new sim look. I'd love to have more variety. If I do, will I get those locks back once amnesty rolls around? I don't think I would delete unless that happens.

Anyone else have too many of one sim? Are you recreating?

G

Thats a good point and question. I would wait until Greg posts the amnesty details to decide, just in case.
Pari said it would be within a few days. (the post not the amnesty lol)

G

If you look on your sim bio it will tell you your entitlement days. If there is going to be a big differance in the days (ex. sim age 123 entitled 1123)
weight the pros and cons 1st. If you were to start a new sim today then, i believe (from the sim ex. above) you would lose some entitlement days. Meaning it would revert back to 1000 days.

If i'm wrong plz correct.

G

The way I understood it, your entitlement locks would be attached to your ACCOUNT such as how they did the founder icon...not existing individual sim ages. I kept two on my account and deleted all the rest and recreated them. So for instance an account entitled to 600 days would end up with roughly 48 locks per sim, at least thats what I understood. Even a brand new 0 day old sim still has "entitled days" at the top of the bio page.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I, like you, used pretty much the same sim everywhere. I created some before the end of February and I was sure they would get their locks and what not. Earlier this week, I decided I wanted to take a whole new avenue and I created a bear. This bear has the same 'premium - such and such days' message on it... so I'm safe. I say, 'Go for it' and create away. Like the post said before you should be safe for at least another 3 days or so.

Edit: I didn't take into account that your sim age (marked for re-creation) might be 'up there'. I am a returning player with fresh sims so that didn't factor for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now that the cities are merged, I have several of the same looking sim in EALand. (I had a Spacey in pretty much every city.) I would like to delete those "extras" and make a whole new sim look. I'd love to have more variety. If I do, will I get those locks back once amnesty rolls around? I don't think I would delete unless that happens.

Anyone else have too many of one sim? Are you recreating?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I was told in conversation in the Town Hall, if your sim age exceeds your entitlement days, then you will get to keep those extra locks. IF you delete that sim though you will get locks back based on entitlement age, NOT sim age. So if some of those same looking sims are older sims than your entitlement age DON'T delete them.....in any other case though it won't matter...1 day old sims will get the same amnesty as 300 day old sims because it will be based on entitlement days, not the ages of the individual sims.

G

Good advice.
The reason I would not recreate most of mine is because I do not want to reskill them. I am so tired of skilling. Plus I have some of the sims that are older than entitlement. Now is the time to recreate, before amnesty. idk what the system will be after. This is good for those that thought they were going to lose their web in the merge and did not.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm hoping they give us the change head option. lol

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be ideal in this situation! But, I also think it would be sooo confusing. Add the ability to change heads to the ability to change names.... then I wouldn't be able to keep up with who's who!

Thanks for the reminder to look at the age of sim to see if it is older than the entitlement days. I haven't payed much attention to it!

I DO dread the thought of re-skilling. But as long as amnesty will give me my locks, I would be better off recreating...mainly because I think that I wouldn't play that sim at all unless it offers something different. If I have 2 of the same head, same tan skin, same skills... I'd just focus on one of them and not bother with both. IDK, that's just me. I like variety.

T

Twisted Soul

This is going to sound really stupid, but I've been outta the loop for more than a year and just returned. What is amnesty in the case of EAL? What are entitlement days. My original sim (created 12/27/2002) was deleted in my absence, but I am "entitled for 814 days." Is that the number of days I paid for over the years?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

This is going to sound really stupid, but I've been outta the loop for more than a year and just returned. What is amnesty in the case of EAL? What are entitlement days. My original sim (created 12/27/2002) was deleted in my absence, but I am "entitled for 814 days." Is that the number of days I paid for over the years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back!

You are right, entitlement days are the amount of days you paid for.
EA Land is a spin off of TSO and is a totally new game getting updates weekly
. You can read more about it on the developers blog, www.tso-e.com/blog

Amnesty is a program that will be ran soon, if you joined before March I believe, (maybe even sometime into march) you will get all your Locks &amp; Anniversary gifts that you are entitled to.

For more info, just read the stick posts here, go to game advice, or the two websites, www.EA-Land.com or www.tso-e.com/blog.

You can also visit the many Welcome Centers set up in-game by very helpful players, for returning and new players, as well as paying and free account holders. The visitor cap has increased to 32 or 38 (cant remember lol) so now you can enter houses with tons of new and returning players.

The Welcome centers are found in the Welcome category (the 2 hands shaking).
Again welcome back!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! That means when amnesty is distributed all your avatars will receive skill locks and anniversary items based on those days and whatever days add to it between now and amnesty. There's a chart here on Stratics that shows you how many skill locks you'll get for those entitlement days if you have problems with math

Welcome back!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been asking for a beauty shop for years..lol... I think that would be awesome. Get a new look when you get bored with the old one.