• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Endless Journey

Salvio

Visitor
I played UO from around 2000-2005. I just recently heard about Endless Journey and thinking about checking it out when it releases. I have one question though. The video I saw mentioned that there will be a graphics update with EJ but I can't find that info anywhere else so I'm wondering if it's accurate. Does anyone know? Thanks.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Where did you read that? I haven't seen anything about a graphics update....:confused: As far as we've been made aware EJ is just the free trial, but not two weeks any more, never-ending as it were!

Salvio

Visitor
I saw it on a short video I came across on you tube with news on various games. So far that's the only place I've been able to find it though so I'm thinking he was probably mistaken.

Salvio

Visitor
Ok I just watched the video again. He doesn't actually say there's a graphics update but it shows video footage of features and one of those says new graphics engine. So that's where I got the idea. I'm thinking now it's probably just old footage of the last graphics update.

Salvio

Visitor
Yeah I did :) My main issue with the graphics though when I tried the free trial a couple years ago was the resolution. But after reading up on it I think maybe the enhanced client addresses that. So maybe I'll be happy with that when I try Endless Journey.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Takes a little while to get used to the EC, but after 2 weeks I couldn't go back, good luck when you come back to try EJ! :thumbsup:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I played UO from around 2000-2005. I just recently heard about Endless Journey and thinking about checking it out when it releases. I have one question though. The video I saw mentioned that there will be a graphics update with EJ but I can't find that info anywhere else so I'm wondering if it's accurate. Does anyone know? Thanks.
You can go over the entire video and notes here NEWS - Ultima Online 20th Anniversary "What's Coming to Britannia" and Q&A- With Notes, but don't think updated graphics was mentioned

My main issue with the graphics though when I tried the free trial a couple years ago was the resolution
Screen resolution was increased on the CC last year, game window can be made bigger now ;)

Salvio

Visitor
You can go over the entire video and notes here NEWS - Ultima Online 20th Anniversary "What's Coming to Britannia" and Q&A- With Notes, but don't think updated graphics was mentioned

Screen resolution was increased on the CC last year, game window can be made bigger now ;)

Yeah I saw where the CC resolution had been increased but from the screenshot I'm still not sure I'd be happy with that. My eyes aren't what they used to be when I was playing 13 years ago :) I still may try it though if I don't like the EC. Thanks for the info.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I saw where the CC resolution had been increased but from the screenshot I'm still not sure I'd be happy with that. My eyes aren't what they used to be when I was playing 13 years ago :) I still may try it though if I don't like the EC. Thanks for the info.
You can also try playing in full screen mode.