• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about "demolition pending"

Tze'Naga

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have always been in the assumption that when a house is owned by OSI and demolition pending, there is no way to save the house anymore. The vendors will slowely go empty and disapear and after that happens its going down.

http://uo2.stratics.com/homes-and-decorations/housing-rules states: “Demolition Pending” Houses
If your house is scheduled to decay but still has contract-vendors with unexpired contracts, the house will list as “Demolition Pending” and not fully decay until 9 days after those contracts expire. Houses with this status cannot be reclaimed, even by reactivating their accounts. These houses remain standing only to allow the contract-vendor owners to reclaim their vended inventory.
When a house collapses, new houses cannot be placed on that lot for a random amount of time.

Is there an exception to this rule, or is it outdated? The reason why I wonder is because on Atlantic a house (first west of trammel Yew gate) that went idoc, and then turned OSI because of the vendors. But instead of collapsing, after a period of time (all but one vendor disapeard) the house went back to player owned, same building/design/interior and same vendor on it. Is there a way to reacquire your home once it's in that status?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have always been in the assumption that when a house is owned by OSI and demolition pending, there is no way to save the house anymore. The vendors will slowely go empty and disapear and after that happens its going down.

http://uo2.stratics.com/homes-and-decorations/housing-rules states: “Demolition Pending” Houses
If your house is scheduled to decay but still has contract-vendors with unexpired contracts, the house will list as “Demolition Pending” and not fully decay until 9 days after those contracts expire. Houses with this status cannot be reclaimed, even by reactivating their accounts. These houses remain standing only to allow the contract-vendor owners to reclaim their vended inventory.
When a house collapses, new houses cannot be placed on that lot for a random amount of time.

Is there an exception to this rule, or is it outdated? The reason why I wonder is because on Atlantic a house (first west of trammel Yew gate) that went idoc, and then turned OSI because of the vendors. But instead of collapsing, after a period of time (all but one vendor disapeard) the house went back to player owned, same building/design/interior and same vendor on it. Is there a way to reacquire your home once it's in that status?
Not sure but,
Last few months some players could not pay for their accounts because of some error glitch that would not let their credit cards go threw. Due to a error on UO fault and not the players the house was given back to them once the error was fixed.
That is what I think