• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Custom Stairs

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I'm building an arena of sorts, and I'd like to breakup the stairs so that only the blocks below the actual stair piece is left

so like this:

x
xx
xxx
xxxx

and then set a bench on each level of blocks. Is this possible with some sort of hack of the spiral stair case?

I have 3 rows of 4 benches
then a set of stairs
then 3 rows of 4 benches.

I want the benches to raise up and be on the stair blocks.

Help! :)

Thanks guys and gals.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
slice them horizontally? don't think so, leastwise I've never seen it done....... you could put goza down and raise them up to make a level platform, but then people would have to walk up past that, and you'd have that gap-py mess on the front edge.... maybe sink some of those cabinets down into a stair to make the flat section?

or maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole thing and you just want benches climbing a staircase that people can sit on? you can do that, we had it in the guild house at one time, worked very well

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you are probobly on the same page as I am.

I want the benches to climb the staircase, but i just want the blocks under the actual stairs. Not the stair pieces.

Picture and arena or stadium where you have stairs and then to the left and right you have seating that climbs with the stairs.

So for a visual image an interior staircase at its highest point is I believe 4 pieces. 3 blocks and 1 stair. then 2 blocks 1 stair, 1 block one stair, 1 stair.

I want to remove the stairs and just have the blocks.

If its not possible then yeah I'll just have the benches climb the stairs.

Another question, should this not be possible. Can you have stone chairs climb the stairs like benches? or no?

L

Lord Tonberry

Yeah, there's no way to get just the blocks that are under the stairs. That would require a method to cut the stair horizontal, which currently there is no possible way.

An idea that just came to me, maybe you can place display cases (12 anny reward) and place a Goza mat on one. Then you can place a chair on top of the Goza.
I'm not sure about the next part because I'm not at a computer where I can test it, but see if you can either make some assending goza mats, or chop up a stair case so that you only have the first set of steps. Place a display case in front of the stairs, put a goza on the case, and chair on the goza. See if that works.

T

Tazar

I think I have built just about what you are looking for. If you would like to see it and get details on building it, you can ICQ me at 286-771-023 and I'll take you there and go over the details (Easier to show than to describe). You'll need a character on Atlantic, but even a temp-character will do.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a way to do Exactly what you want but its EXPENSIVE and gonna be hard to get the supplies in the quanities you want but if you REALLY want that look it is doable... you will also be limited so dark sandstone or dark wood. The sandstone is far more likely to be doable...

You could get rubble blocks and cover the stairs you will run into problems as far as people looking like they are sitting on the benches I would guess but on your client side it will look perfect but everyone else will likely be sitting in the block to some extent... can't guarantee that with out testing... but it is doable...