• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about CFO

S

SuperMac

I went to Sunday night's CFO, and I have a question for you guys. I have read some CFO articles, and it seems I have read some that advocate stompers staying in their area and not moving around a whole lot, and I've also read that they should do the exact opposite, and never stop moving, running around the entire CFO area the whole time. Now, I'm sure that varies according to which group you are with, and there have been times when I thought my hand would never recover because the battle went on so long and I had jumped goons until my hand was sore, and the battle Sunday wasn't anything like that. As a matter-of fact, the toon that was in my area was so efficient, I rarely got to actually touch a goon! LOL! I had also read that the stomper can watch the CFO and when he stands up, run into the tread and it will lower him again, so I half my time doing that!

So, what do you think? Run around a lot? And does lowering the CFO by running into the side really help that much?

And thanks to Susan and those on the other side of the VP for keeping my 59-laffer son going! I appreciate it!

S

susan4633

others more experienced may way in with differering opinions, but for me?...it depends on the goons and the stompers. occasionally the goons seem to come all from one side, then i go to the other side to help and circle back to "my" side to make sure they are sufficiently stomped over there. if things are even?..i stay on one side and try to keep them stomped so they are away from the craners. i do run a few circles to make sure all is well on the other side.

if you are doing a 5 man, and i am the stomper, i circle CONSTANTLY to stomp as many and as best i can.

the phrase "look for someone who needs help" is a good one to use. the craners can't hit the cfo if they are being lasered constantly by the goons, or hit by the cfo, so our primary goal as stompers is to keep them free to throw goons at the cfo to stun him and then apply the crane forcefully :)

there is an art to hitting the cfo treads. last night i hit him deliberately a couple of times because he had his gimlet eye on my craner roxy. if you deliberately hit him though, it could work to your teams' detriment since it will unstun him....can someone explain this better?

And as for your son, he did great.

L

Little Sadie

I like to stand directly in front of the cfo and stomp as soon as they come out the door. If there are too many stompers then I stand to the side and let them have a chance to stomp too. If the CFO is looking at a craner you can tell he is going to throw gears I will hit his treads. That stops him from tossing gears. You can also do this to help someone remove a safe from his head. Just don't do this when he is already stunned and you will unstun him.

S

soupandquackers

Also, if u notice that there is alot of goons coming out and the craners cant throw them or they are getting a tu, you should get on the crane and drop a safe on the goons to help.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the CFO is looking at a craner you can tell he is going to throw gears I will hit his treads. That stops him from tossing gears. You can also do this to help someone remove a safe from his head. Just don't do this when he is already stunned and you will unstun him.
What she said. Constantly making him sit will cause those of us who aim for the head to overshoot. And may I stress "help someone remove a safe" as in they need the help.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I really prefer, if you have 8 toons, for each stomper to pretty much stay in the same area if the goons are coming out evenly from both sides, each one protecting a craner. I have been craning where the toons are running circles constantly. They may be stomping goons but if goons get near or behind the craner and they arent watching, that craner will have problems!! Sometimes stompers just watch the door for fresh goons and don't pay attention to the ones running around the craners. (if I was a better craner they might all be gone!!). If I have to leave the crane to stomp the goons hitting me from the side or behind, those are the ones I am gonna pick up, not the ones stomped at the door!! I worked with one stomper that purposely allowed the goon to walk into the line between me and the CFO before they stomped it whenever she could. This allowed me to just pick it up without a L or R adjustment and it was so quick!! It is 100 times easier to hit the CFO when he is low, esp with the small goons. I love it when someone hits the treads, unless he is stunned as was already mentioned. This helps particularly if you are lagging at all!!

S

SuperMac

Thanks for the warning about not hitting the treads if he is stunned. Sometimes it was hard to tell because he's way up there when you are at his side, plus watching for him to swipe at you. And yeah, if the craners can't keep up with a flood of goons, or you start losing toons, you have to really do a lot more running. I was with a group once that got down to 3 of us, me stomping, 2 craners, and they blocked off one side's door and we just worked the other, and did end up winning, and that was a lot of fun. But I wondered if that door would stay blocked endlessly, or would goons eventually find a way around it? I still go with groups that that are killed off half the time, and look up to realize all we are doing is stomping, no craners left, and I wonder about blocking one side off with safes.

B

Bumbledogswirls

From a sole craner, use the falling down technique, it's TOTALLY useful! It lets us critical him much easier!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I wondered if that door would stay blocked endlessly, or would goons eventually find a way around it? I still go with groups that that are killed off half the time, and look up to realize all we are doing is stomping, no craners left, and I wonder about blocking one side off with safes.
That used to work. If you blocked the door, all the goons who came out would explode as soon as they hit the safe. It doesn't work anymore. I've been seeing goons push the safes out of their way. :O

K

Kippy

quick hint***

for those who play in WINDOW mode.
This works in CFO and also in CEO.
When the cfo is aiming at you and is getting ready to throw gears, bring your mouse cursor on the blue bar at the top of your screen, clic on it and hold for a few seconds, this will freeze up your screen, without making you lag, when you come back, the attack will be over and no damage will be done.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quick hint***

When the cfo is aiming at you and is getting ready to throw gears, bring your mouse cursor on the blue bar at the top of your screen, clic on it and hols for a few seconds, this will freeze up your screen, without making you lag, wen you come back, the attack will be over and no damage will be done.
Hmmm...Must try this soon.

S

susan4633

ooo chantal ...... this is a helpful hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks. you can bet i'm going to try it immediately. your boss hint works great.

S

Steveo

Thanks for that I will have to try it. I am going home tonight and get my bux and go cfo.

L

Little Sadie

quick hint***

When the cfo is aiming at you and is getting ready to throw gears, bring your mouse cursor on the blue bar at the top of your screen, clic on it and hols for a few seconds, this will freeze up your screen, without making you lag, wen you come back, the attack will be over and no damage will be done.
I tried that in the ceo and it does indeed work. I think it is great for those that need the time to get used to jumping off the tables. I wish I had known during those first few CEOS where I almost died! Once you get the timing down I don't think that trick is needed anymore. I think the CEO is boring enough without the challenge of jumping off the tables. I didn't know it worked in the cfo though. Does it work if goon lights attack you? LOL!

Y

YoungUn

I love stomping, it's one of my favorite things to do in game. Fight the cogs, stomp the goons & keep my craners safe.
I'm a very very selfish stomper too. I stand in front of the doors and stomp 'em as they come out. If they come unstunned while I'm doing that, I restomp 'em.
If we have a full group, I hope the other stomper for my side is looking out for stray goons that the other side might have thrown over or didn't explode when thrown as I can normally keep all the goons that come out of the doors contained. If we don't have a full group, I also keep an eye out for those strays and jump on their head.
I never ever run around, even if we have a five man, I expect two people to be stomping, one on each side and three on cranes, a four man, two stomping, two cranes, three man, two craning on the same side, one stomper, two man, well.... that's just fun!
This strategy normally works very well, it's been a looong time since I've gone sad in a CFO.

K

Kippy

Does it work if goon lights attack you? LOL!
No, it doesn't work for the lights, but we are going to try that in CJ to see if we can avoid to jump.
I like puting my toon life in the hands of geting great tricks to help me and others :D
VP: NO help at all :p
CFO: works for gears
CJ: coming up soon
CEO: works for gears and golf ball attack (single or multiple)

N.B.While you are freezing up your screen, the water meter will keep filling up.
I will keep you posted on this :D
have fun!!

L

Little Sadie

I noticed the bottle does keep loading which is good. I have used both controllers to fill the bottle up quicker. Some have reported it helps and some said it doesn't. It fills quicker on my desktop but not on the laptop.