• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Buying Simoleans

G

I was wondering. . . whenever we're able to purchase simoleans with real life currency, will they have any real life economical value? I am under the impression that a Linden (Second Life currency) has real life value. For example, say I am a great architect in SL, and I make lots of in-game Lindens building houses for people, I am able to sell say...20,000 Lindens for 100 dollars (I have no idea of the transfer rate there and yes I probably am way off I am just using a random example). . .will this be possible in TSO? I heard some people live off of their in game professions. In TSO I am a teacher, I had multiple sims all specialized in one skill who also have the ability to teach, and they all live at the same house, so I can teach anyone any skill that needs to be taught for a certain amount of money, whenever I'm online. So say I make 20k from maxing out someones cooking skill, would I be able to sell it back and have real currency in my account? Just trying to figure out the basics and prepare for how this operation will work. Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated as well. Thank you.

M

Monkeybear

I think it's 998 or around there simoleans for 1 dollar

G

I was kind of aware of that already. My question is can you return the simoleans to make in game to receive RL money for it.

M

Monkeybear

You can sell simoleans back to EA in EA Land. But not in TC3 you can only buy them in TC3

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I was kind of aware of that already. My question is can you return the simoleans to make in game to receive RL money for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but that is the plan once EA Land is open. The buy back will be for less than you can purchase them.

G

Thanks for the info Dali, that sounds like a good idea, at least it is possible to make a rl profit.