• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about BODs

TrackStar

Journeyman
Do carpentry BODs (and maybe others?) only have small BODs that can be placed into Large BODs?

I'm trying to figure out strategy.

I know with Blacksmithing BODs things like shields and helmets can be individually turned in.

But for carpentry should I always look to fill Large BODs? Or is there a carpentry equivalent to shields, etc?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
All BODs can be turned in individualy.
Large carpentry BODs are hard to fill :lots of wood needed. And some are bugged.
I just bribe barrel staves to max. And collect weapon and containers ones .
Acorn and Shoji screen I dump.

TrackStar

Journeyman
All BODs can be turned in individualy.
Large carpentry BODs are hard to fill :lots of wood needed. And some are bugged.
I just bribe barrel staves to max. And collect weapon and containers ones .
Acorn and Shoji screen I dump.
My bad, poorly worded I guess.

Yes, I understand the smalls can be turned in individually. I just was wondering if there were any that were not attached to Large BODs like with some small blacksmithing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
MOST carpentry BODs don't go to larges. And, the larges are rare.
Note that the elven Weapons Large only can be filled as Normal - don't try to bribe it, or any of the smalls that require Mondain's Legacy gems & recipes to craft. (the Fletching shortbows and longbows larges are similarly bugged)

Here's the few that do go to larges (copied from uo's wiki)

• Weapons: Gnarled Staff, Quarterstaff, Shepherd’s Crook. Tetsubo, Bokuto
  • Wood Furniture: Wooden Box, Wooden Shelf, Wooden Bench, Wooden Throne
  • Cabinets: Tall Cabinet, Short Cabinet
  • SE Armoire: Red Armoire, Elegant Armoire, Maple Armoire, Cherry Armoire
  • Instruments: Lap Harp, Lute, Drum, Standing Harp
  • Large SE Chests: Plain Wooden Chest, Ornate Wooden Chest, Gilded Wooden Chest, Wooden Footlocker, Finished Wooden Chest
  • Elven Weapons: Wild Staff, Arcanist’s Wild Staff, Ancient Wild Staff, Thorned Wild Staff Hardened Wild Staff

TrackStar

Journeyman
MOST carpentry BODs don't go to larges. And, the larges are rare.
Note that the elven Weapons Large only can be filled as Normal - don't try to bribe it, or any of the smalls that require Mondain's Legacy gems & recipes to craft. (the Fletching shortbows and longbows larges are similarly bugged)

Here's the few that do go to larges (copied from uo's wiki)

• Weapons: Gnarled Staff, Quarterstaff, Shepherd’s Crook. Tetsubo, Bokuto
  • Wood Furniture: Wooden Box, Wooden Shelf, Wooden Bench, Wooden Throne
  • Cabinets: Tall Cabinet, Short Cabinet
  • SE Armoire: Red Armoire, Elegant Armoire, Maple Armoire, Cherry Armoire
  • Instruments: Lap Harp, Lute, Drum, Standing Harp
  • Large SE Chests: Plain Wooden Chest, Ornate Wooden Chest, Gilded Wooden Chest, Wooden Footlocker, Finished Wooden Chest
  • Elven Weapons: Wild Staff, Arcanist’s Wild Staff, Ancient Wild Staff, Thorned Wild Staff Hardened Wild Staff
Thank you.

I guess I should make books for smalls for each of those sets and hold onto those and churn the rest.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thank you.

I guess I should make books for smalls for each of those sets and hold onto those and churn the rest.
lots of small BOD where material needed is very little worth bribing to top or to level where you have lots of material. I have lots of gold and valorite. carpenter has lots of frostwood.
like daggers , tear kite shield and barrel staves.

TrackStar

Journeyman
lots of small BOD where material needed is very little worth bribing to top or to level where you have lots of material. I have lots of gold and valorite. carpenter has lots of frostwood.
like daggers , tear kite shield and barrel staves.
From what I've seen there's a lot of BODs you shouldn't upgrade for various reasons in the carpentry set because they are broken and you won't be able to turn them in or compete them.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Do carpentry BODs (and maybe others?) only have small BODs that can be placed into Large BODs?

I'm trying to figure out strategy.

I know with Blacksmithing BODs things like shields and helmets can be individually turned in.

But for carpentry should I always look to fill Large BODs? Or is there a carpentry equivalent to shields, etc?
Here is a GOOD starting spot.
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/

Here you go. Forgot where ai got it. I think somewhere on this forum. Lists all Bod that can go in largest.
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/