• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] question about Bod bribery

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
any idea exactly how this works? for example what is cost? how much does bod improve? frequency?ect...
if there is a page listing any info would be much appreciated if you could point it out or simply give any more info thx

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ok lets say your bod is 10 normal iron bod
when bribed it changes one thing on the bod, like it could change the count, the ingot type, or change it from normal to exceptional

if the bod is a low one, it usually costs 0 to bribe it
(my crafter has all her skills maxed except blacksmithing 118.7)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Each BOD type will have a greater chance to change one of the properties one step, compared to the other two - unless in case you need that step, in which case it's like it can read your mind, and it will buck the chances and go for one of the rarer upgrades...

At least, that's how it seems sometimes.:grrr:

Also, the price changes with each BOD bribed at that specific NPC, and after a random number of bribes, they will claim they're afraid of being caught, and won't make an exchange until they cool down.

The secret to cheap bribes is to look for places not many people frequent, and the bod-givers there. For example, some Ilshenar NPCs give BODs/do Bribes. Some cities in Fel are rarely visited on many shards, because they aren't part of VvV or can't be gotten there easily. And some in both Tram & Fel aren't on the Moongate system.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
thx for the help, right now the bribes are running between 1500 to 5k at luna will try some out of the way places, see if it changes

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thx for the help, right now the bribes are running between 1500 to 5k at luna will try some out of the way places, see if it changes
Yeah, don't use Luna or Britain, they're expensive. I'll give you one I use, in Cove, but there's only a single blacksmith/armorour there.

The others are less frequently used, and if I tell you, it might change that. :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, don't use Luna or Britain, they're expensive. I'll give you one I use, in Cove, but there's only a single blacksmith/armorour there.

The others are less frequently used, and if I tell you, it might change that. :)
Minoc is also pretty good - at least on LA.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One place on Lake Austin that has been good for me is a location that has a departure-only moongate in both Tram & Fel. Only long-time LA residents probably know where this is (the location doesn't have a moongate on the couple other shards I've visited). So, if you know where I'm talking about, don't say anything.