• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Question about boats....

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so my fishing person is presently adding to my carpel tunnel catching lobsters/crabs from his rowboat while he gains to his 110 current max. Once that is complete I'm going to begin doing (from what I've read here so far) a jillion quests in an attempt to obtain a 120 PS. My question is: Is there any reason why I should break out my giant Galleon to do the quests or is an old-fashioned dragon ship just as good for quests?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Under no circumstances should you use a classic ship for quests - you get quest size limits because of boat size.

That said, you don't HAVE to be on your big ship to fish - it just needs to be the only one in the water for you when you get and redeem the quests. You can fish off the shore, off docks, off other people's boats, etc.

The Tokuno ship is supposed to act as a +1 bonus to fishing when you're on it, much like how enhanced bandages give an invisible +10 to healing checks (up to your cap).

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...- you get quest size limits because of boat size..
Thx Basara for the clarification. When you say that the "quest size limits because of boat size", does that mean that I will get "better" fishing quests by using my Brittania ship than if I use my Orc Ship?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no, just that the good quests will only go to ships with large holds. After all, a classis ship has a 400 stone hold, which would only hold quests for 35 or less fish (because the weight of the quest crate).