• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question about bags of sugar and suger cane (plant)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
decided to make some chocolates today in game.
now im not big into either cooking or gardening in game, but i do like to make the new stuff as it comes out.
also i do keep 5 raised garden beds in one of my castles and i keep them loaded and i harvest them every 2 weeks - typically i put orange petal, red petal, green thorns, vanilla, cocoa growing in each of the 5 beds.

so now i look at making some of these nutcracker chocolate things so i dig in and start getting stuff ready.
i have a tonne of cocoa from my raised plant over the years so i make up a bag full of cocoa butter and cocoa liqueur with no problem.
but then i see i need to convert the cocoa butter into 'sweet' cocoa butter.
ok.

so sacks of sugar, and here comes my question.... we cant grow sacks of sugar like we do vanilla and cocoa?
we can grow sugar cane but it will not produce seeds?

is this correct?

if so this is gonna be a pain to farm seeds, find out what they are, grow them, harvest to get 8 sacks of sugar and start all over again with farming critters to get seeds.

please someone tell me that they changed sugar cane seeds so they now give seeds besides resources since we need it for cooking up these chocolate yummies!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
now im not big into either cooking or gardening in game, but i do like to make the new stuff as it comes out.
also i do keep 5 raised garden beds in one of my castles and i keep them loaded and i harvest them every 2 weeks - typically i put orange petal, red petal, green thorns, vanilla, cocoa growing in each of the 5 beds.

so now i look at making some of these nutcracker chocolate things so i dig in and start getting stuff ready.
i have a tonne of cocoa from my raised plant over the years so i make up a bag full of cocoa butter and cocoa liqueur with no problem.
ok.

so sacks of sugar, and here comes my question.... we cant grow sacks of sugar like we do vanilla and cocoa?

is this correct?

if so this is gonna be a pain to farm seeds, find out what they are, grow them, harvest to get 8 sacks of sugar and start all over again with farming critters to get seeds.

please someone tell me that they changed sugar cane seeds so they now give seeds besides resources since we need it for cooking up these chocolate yummies!
Sugar cane does not produce seeds. Only Sugar. The best thing to do is keep farming those Kapas. :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best place to farm Kappas is do the Sleeping Dragon Spawn on Isamu. Take it to Level 2 quickly, then take your time killing only Kappas and looting them and you can do it non-stop for a long time. I spent maybe 45 mins to an hour and got over 120 peculiar seeds, of course only 23 were sugar cane but it's still an easy way to farm them. Watch out for stepping in their acid though cause it wrecks your suit quickly.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this is really going to slow down chocolate production.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Foil is very easy to get with a sampire or any dexxor. I can pull 8-10 nests at time and whirlwind/momentum strike them in a few minutes. It takes longer to loot them than to kill them. I do miss a little often since they have 130+ Wrestling but they don't do much damage, even with 20+ macaws on you. Also, I wear a luck suit and have gotten a few recipes while killing them (plus they can have some of the ingredients you need to make the chocolate.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we are skirting the issue.
with the changes in cooking with regards to chocolate they need to make sugar cane a seed producing plant so that we can farm it like we do with the cocoa and the vanilla.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
we are skirting the issue.
with the changes in cooking with regards to chocolate they need to make sugar cane a seed producing plant so that we can farm it like we do with the cocoa and the vanilla.
There are a few things we need in a plant re-vamp. :p

But I don't know that they intended the nutcrackers to be all that common, since they have a rare chance at providing one of the new cards.

(Besides...all that chocolate is not good for you.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok.

is this correct?

I kind of look at it like this. I planted the nine sugar cane seeds I have, they'll take 9 days to grow one day waiting for pollenation to complete and 8 days producing seeds before I can remove them. That gives me 18 days to try to collect another 9 seeds.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Fortunately, it really doesn't take long to collect seeds to keep the sugar production going. My only difficulty is the foil, but that's just a natural consequence of my chosen playstyle, which is non-combative over 90% of the time.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on catskills and have 477 bags of sugar, I am pretty sure I will not be using it. anyone would like some I will exchange it for a set of cards. I also have over 1k vanilla and 1k coco pulp. Foil I have some and can get more.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I kind of look at it like this. I planted the nine sugar cane seeds I have, they'll take 9 days to grow one day waiting for pollenation to complete and 8 days producing seeds before I can remove them. That gives me 18 days to try to collect another 9 seeds.
well when you say it like that it makes sense.
but then i have to actually play the game!
you and your sense making.
destroying my rant with logic!

well..... well..... you, no see here, no...... you spelt pollination wrong, ya there, see i can make a good point too!
vindication!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no legitimate reason that sugar cane doesn't produce seeds, and lets not magick it into a "feature" or "content." Farming kappa for a ridiculously low drop rate seed isn't "fun."

Every other resource producing plant also produces seeds, so sugar cane should as well. Remember, at one point, cocoa plants didn't produce seeds either. Then some dev realized that was stupid and changed it. Sugar cane deserves the same.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's clear mentioning dipping someone in ****Chocolate**** has dazed a few people. Beats the heck out of tar & feathers and every chocolate lover will run to your rescue.:p