• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about area peace

D

dum3886

Wondering for a peace necro for spawns if it is worth raising peace/music above 100

Are there any benefit for having greater the 100 music/100 peace for area peace?... does it extend the period of how long monsters are peaced for...

And also.. the area peaced monsters if i attack them will they attack back... in comparison to target peace who will not attack until the timer has passed

G

GuitarStrings129

area peace is 100% at gm of both
higher does nothing
and they wont fight back. it just doesnt last as long as target peace

G

Peace works like this: Each monster continually tries to break peace every game tic. Bigger monsters are better at it. Targeted peace works against your peace/music skill, a bit harder to break. Area peace can break pretty fast. And I never ever trust targeted peace to last longer than a game tic.

100 music/peace is plenty. Only Provo/Disco and the bonus at 120 music for those two skills is worth raising to 120.

Just a peacer? 100/100 is plenty. Any less and you have chances to fail area peace.

L

Luvan

Does anybody raise peace over 100\100?
if you do please tell us about how long using specific monster peace lasts...
If not then i just spent a bunch of money on scrolls im never gonna take advantage of...
Shame i already at them.

G

Thats the problem with area or targted peace. It's a random number with a modifier of the creatures fame and difficulty. I have targeted peace a Balron and it can last from 1 second to 15. Target peace a oger and it can last from 1 to xx. Usually a few seconds at least since their fame is so low.

Can't rely on any amount of time for any peace. And you hit it, peace is broke anyway.

M

Motom

For a full understanding of how area peace works you need to understand the mob targetting system. Basically all mobs are on a 15 second targetting system. From creatiion every 15 seconds they look around for something to attack, and if they find something they attack it. That's why when a mob first spawns it just stands there looking stupid for 15 seconds instead of attacking you. Of course if you attack a mob, it attacks back no matter where it is in it's 15 second cycle, likewise if it has dragon AI it will attack if you run near it. When you area peace a mob it breaks off it's attack. The mob then sits around waiting till it's attack timer hits 15, or someone or something attacks it. The problem is that peacing the mob doesnt reset it's attack timer. So if you area peace a mob that has just attacked you, it will re-attack in 15 seconds, but if you area peace a mob that is at 14 seconds on its attack timer then it will retarget you in only 1 second. When you area peace a large number of mobs, some will re-attack almost instantly, some after a few seconds, and still others might take up to 15 seconds, since each was created at a different time and thus is each at a different point on its 15 second targetting timer.

Back in the day when we only had area peace, a good bard had to understand this system in order to use peacemaking successfully. For example if you area peace a mob, wait for it to re-attack you, then area peace it again you guarantee yourself a full 15 seconds of peace before it re-attacks (unless you attack it first of course), allowing you more then enough time to cast a really long spell like blade spirit or EV. If the mob is attacked while area peaced it will instantly target the attacker (unlike the current targeted peace).

Basically area peace is a great way to break aggro, allowing for a quick heal perhaps, or a run offscreen, though it's effectiveness is reduced the more mobs are on screen, or it can be quite effective (via the double are peace method) for allowing you enough time to cast BS or EV on a mob that has a barding difficulty too high for you to use targetted peace on (assuming the situation doesn't allow you to just run offscreen and cast it, then run back in and target)

Anyway, that is the way area peace worked back in the day. I quit years ago and have only started playing again recently. I havent seen anything yet to convince me that mob targetting or area peace work any differently now then it did back then but I suppose it is possible.

G

>>>Does anybody raise peace over 100\100? <<<

The short answer to this is: yes! I just recently bought 120 scrolls for both peace and music after sitting at 115 for a couple years. The reason I upgraded was to better fight Shadow Wyrms. At 115/115 I was supposed to have about an 85% of a successful target peace. But in reality, it seemed to be much lower than that. At 120/120 and a slayer, I'm supposed to have 100% at target peacing these bad boys! We'll see, I'm at about 119/118 peace/music and have noticed a marked improvement. Stay tuned!

G

<blockquote><hr>

&gt;&gt;&gt;Does anybody raise peace over 100\100? &lt;&lt;&lt;

The short answer to this is: yes! I just recently bought 120 scrolls for both peace and music after sitting at 115 for a couple years. The reason I upgraded was to better fight Shadow Wyrms. At 115/115 I was supposed to have about an 85% of a successful target peace. But in reality, it seemed to be much lower than that. At 120/120 and a slayer, I'm supposed to have 100% at target peacing these bad boys! We'll see, I'm at about 119/118 peace/music and have noticed a marked improvement. Stay tuned!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don´t understand..., can someone help me to understand..., why u raise to 120..., to peace a single creature if u can area peace and peace the same creature anyway??? or area peace doesn´t work with the high end creatures?
since it has a 15 secongs trigger that a read in post above...?

Thanks for the help

M

Motom

<blockquote><hr>

I don´t understand..., can someone help me to understand..., why u raise to 120..., to peace a single creature if u can area peace and peace the same creature anyway??? or area peace doesn´t work with the high end creatures?

Thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

Area peace and targetted peace are completely different beasts. Area peace simply causes a mob to break attack in the same way that the invis spell does. The only real advantages it has over invisiblity is that it works instantaneously and doesnt require mana or reagents. With area peace you can peace, wait for the mob to re-attack you then re-peace again and take advantage of a full 15 seconds of safety from a single mob with a very high barding difficulty (explained in my previous post). Remember though that peace simply breaks off the mobs attack. Attacking, striking, or casting a spell on that mob will cause it to instantly re-target you, thus voiding the warranty on that 15 seconds of safety I mentioned. Since area peace is 100% at gm music/gm peace it can be a great way to give yourself a full 15 seconds (via double peace as explained in a previous post) to cast a really long spell like blade spirits or EV. Of course if the mob you have targetted can dispell, it will attack your EV and probably dispel it as soon as it takes damage. Realisticly though you can do the same thing with invisibility. Cast invis, target self, immediatly cast invis agiain wait till mob re-attacks then target yourself again and start casting EV or BS. It's a mana drain though and if the mob is striking you or chain-casting spells on you, you might find yourself dead before the first invis has finished casting. With peace you have the benefit of it's instant effect to break off the attack. An ideal situation for area peace is killing lone mobs with a high barding difficulty that are unable to dispel.

Targetted peace however is not 100% at gm music/peace. It's success rate is based on the barding difficulting of the targetted mob. The important difference with targetted peace is that attacking/stricking/casting on a mob that has been target peaced will not necessarily cause it to re-attack. The peace effect in this case is a lasting effect. You may be able to cast several spells on the mob while it sits there doing nothing. The higher the barding difficulty of the mob the more likely it is to break the peacemaking effect though and re-attack you. There was a time you could target peace a balron and easily kill it with a EV before it ever came unpeaced. I've noticed since coming back however that mobs break the peace alot quicker then they used to though. Still while under the targetted peace effect a mob will not dispell an EV. If you keep spamming target peace on the mob it's likely that you will re-peace it as soon as it breaks peace and prevent it from dispeling. Another way to use target peace is when there is only one powerful mob around, you can target peace it and provoke a weaker mob on it, allowing the weak mob to kill the tougher one. Or of course you can wack a peaced mob with your weapon without getting hit (unlike area peace).

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

Area peace and targetted peace are completely different beasts. Area peace simply causes a mob to break attack in the same way that the invis spell does. The only real advantages it has over invisiblity is that it works instantaneously and doesnt require mana or reagents. With area peace you can peace, wait for the mob to re-attack you then re-peace again and take advantage of a full 15 seconds of safety from a single mob with a very high barding difficulty (explained in my previous post). Remember though that peace simply breaks off the mobs attack. Attacking, striking, or casting a spell on that mob will cause it to instantly re-target you, thus voiding the warranty on that 15 seconds of safety I mentioned. Since area peace is 100% at gm music/gm peace it can be a great way to give yourself a full 15 seconds (via double peace as explained in a previous post) to cast a really long spell like blade spirits or EV. Of course if the mob you have targetted can dispell, it will attack your EV and probably dispel it as soon as it takes damage. Realisticly though you can do the same thing with invisibility. Cast invis, target self, immediatly cast invis agiain wait till mob re-attacks then target yourself again and start casting EV or BS. It's a mana drain though and if the mob is striking you or chain-casting spells on you, you might find yourself dead before the first invis has finished casting. With peace you have the benefit of it's instant effect to break off the attack. An ideal situation for area peace is killing lone mobs with a high barding difficulty that are unable to dispel.

Targetted peace however is not 100% at gm music/peace. It's success rate is based on the barding difficulting of the targetted mob. The important difference with targetted peace is that attacking/stricking/casting on a mob that has been target peaced will not necessarily cause it to re-attack. The peace effect in this case is a lasting effect. You may be able to cast several spells on the mob while it sits there doing nothing. The higher the barding difficulty of the mob the more likely it is to break the peacemaking effect though and re-attack you. There was a time you could target peace a balron and easily kill it with a EV before it ever came unpeaced. I've noticed since coming back however that mobs break the peace alot quicker then they used to though. Still while under the targetted peace effect a mob will not dispell an EV. If you keep spamming target peace on the mob it's likely that you will re-peace it as soon as it breaks peace and prevent it from dispeling. Another way to use target peace is when there is only one powerful mob around, you can target peace it and provoke a weaker mob on it, allowing the weak mob to kill the tougher one. Or of course you can wack a peaced mob with your weapon without getting hit (unlike area peace).

[/ QUOTE ]

Motom, thank you for your explanation...

I gotta one more question..., yestarday i was at Twisted Wield..., discording some pixie , i am a new bard... only 65 of disco and 67 of provo, when i fail at provo, the pixie target me..., but when i area peace it..., they stop following me but still cast on me... why????
I was in TW, in the same day..., and someone area peaced the place..., and i wasnt able to cast anything ? why? its because the peace skill is above some specific number like 110 or 120? , i am not gm peace yet i have 96.3 ...

M

Motom

<blockquote><hr>

I gotta one more question..., yestarday i was at Twisted Wield..., discording some pixie , i am a new bard... only 65 of disco and 67 of provo, when i fail at provo, the pixie target me..., but when i area peace it..., they stop following me but still cast on me... why????
I was in TW, in the same day..., and someone area peaced the place..., and i wasnt able to cast anything ? why? its because the peace skill is above some specific number like 110 or 120? , i am not gm peace yet i have 96.3 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you fail at provoke the pixie targets you and starts casting spells on you. If the pixie casts a delayed spell (ie explosion), then when you area peace, the delayed spell may not damage you until after the area peace. So the spell was casted before your peace, but struck afterwards. Unfortunately this causes the pixie to begin attacking you again. Basically the delayed damage to you, caused your char to auto attack back. I know you didnt strike or cast any spells on it, but it's kinda like when you dbl click on a monster at a distance thus attacking it, it instantly attacks back.

As for why you couldn't cast anything after someone area peaced near you I'm not completely sure. Were your spells actually fizzing, or were you casting the spell just fine and then hitting a last target macro with no result? If it's the latter then I believe it's because area peace erases the last target of everyone around the peacer. As a result, after you have been area peaced you will need to cast your spell and then manually target the mob again, which once again sets your last target for you. I could be wrong on area peace erasing last target, since I've only just started playing again after several years and I'm certainly not up to date on all the changes that have taken place since then, and perhaps my memory is failing but I believe that that is how it used to work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When you fail at provoke the pixie targets you and starts casting spells on you. If the pixie casts a delayed spell (ie explosion), then when you area peace, the delayed spell may not damage you until after the area peace. So the spell was casted before your peace, but struck afterwards. Unfortunately this causes the pixie to begin attacking you again. Basically the delayed damage to you, caused your char to auto attack back. I know you didnt strike or cast any spells on it, but it's kinda like when you dbl click on a monster at a distance thus attacking it, it instantly attacks back.

As for why you couldn't cast anything after someone area peaced near you I'm not completely sure. Were your spells actually fizzing, or were you casting the spell just fine and then hitting a last target macro with no result? If it's the latter then I believe it's because area peace erases the last target of everyone around the peacer. As a result, after you have been area peaced you will need to cast your spell and then manually target the mob again, which once again sets your last target for you. I could be wrong on area peace erasing last target, since I've only just started playing again after several years and I'm certainly not up to date on all the changes that have taken place since then, and perhaps my memory is failing but I believe that that is how it used to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Motom, about the can´t cast while peaced...., i really can´t cast anything..., it says a message in the bottom of the screen "i can´t cast while in peace" or something like that, i couldnt cast anything, i tryed In Lor myself i had this message....

Thanks for the help

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

Motom, about the can´t cast while peaced...., i really can´t cast anything..., it says a message in the bottom of the screen "i can´t cast while in peace" or something like that, i couldnt cast anything, i tryed In Lor myself i had this message....

Thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that what peaced you wasn't a someone, but rather a dryad. You can't use spells when a mob peacemake's you. Which is really annoying sometimes.

edit - That's why I've learned to avoid the dryads that are fighting the changelings. They peace, and I tend to die.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that what peaced you wasn't a someone, but rather a dryad. You can't use spells when a mob peacemake's you. Which is really annoying sometimes.

edit - That's why I've learned to avoid the dryads that are fighting the changelings. They peace, and I tend to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help, i tought that it was someone peacing me or area peace...

G

An update on barding and fighting Shadow Wyrms: I reached 120/120 peace/music today while fighting Wyrms. My success rate at peacing these beasties is much higher than when I was at 115/115, but it's not 100% like the peace calculator on this website suggests. Something may be broken or the Wyrms have been buffed a little. But investing in the 120 scrolls was well worth it because these guys are much easier to solo now.