• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about a Vet reward

• Thread starter Savannah Rose
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Savannah Rose

I haven't played much in the last couple of years. Kept my account open. Feels like I'm home again, I missed UO.

My question is about one of the Vet rewards, the commodity box. What is it and how does it work? If it does what I think it might do I will definately be getting one of those.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everybody needs one of these. House lock down, redeem or incorporate resources from/into commodity deeds right there at the house.

Maybe the most useful vet reward ever right after ethy mounts.

S

Savannah Rose

Thanks so much. I wasn't sure but that's what I was hoping for.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It can also be used to store stuff too >.>

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! Most definately get the Godly-uberific box. I love that thing! SO incredibly handy.

C

Crystal Canyon

Heck, don't get just one! Get at least two!

Its very handy to have one on the steps of your house so when your lumberjacking or mining you can just recall home when your full, drop off the resources in the commodity box without having to actually go in, then later deed them, take the deeds to your craftroom and undeed them in a commodity box there to be stored.

I'd say it is one of the best rewards we have ever received in the game. :thumbsup:

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its very handy to have one on the steps of your house so when your lumberjacking or mining you can just recall home when your full, drop off the resources in the commodity box without having to actually go in, then later deed them, take the deeds to your craftroom and undeed them in a commodity box there to be stored.

I'd say it is one of the best rewards we have ever received in the game. :thumbsup:
Now if you could use your bag of sending to send your stuff to the commodity deed box, I would be in heaven.

C

Crystal Canyon

Agreed! They're like potato chips.. can't have just one.

That is the truth! Now, I'm wanting a bag of Ruffles and a tall glass of chocolate milk with ice. Darn you Latobain! LOL :pint:

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't played much in the last couple of years. Kept my account open. Feels like I'm home again, I missed UO.

My question is about one of the Vet rewards, the commodity box. What is it and how does it work? If it does what I think it might do I will definately be getting one of those.
claim one atlantic i will pay good for it

or trade you one here!!!!!!! lol alos my tokono house will fall in a few days

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you decide to move ingame, you will marvel at how many trips commodity deed boxes save. Deed up your stacked resources, drop the deeds back into the container you took them out of. After containers are placed at the new house, redeem the commodity deeds, place resources back into their storage containers .. no more 1600-stone packloads!

I have a 9-year habit of, if it stacks save it! I recently moved to a new house and have several resource containers weighing 132,000 stones to 270,000 stones, and was able to complete the move in one afternoon.

C

Crystal Canyon

sour cream and cheddar ruffles + choclate milk = upset tummy. sorry but the thought of this combo upsets my tummy. LOL
NO no, Gunner, you just have to try it to appreciate it.

But if you really want to make it a special treat. grab some pitted jumbo black olives, fill an icing bag with softened cream cheese and fill the holes of the olives with it. YUMMY! Add the chips and chocoalte milk and you have a feast! :drool:

S

Savannah Rose

I have a 9-year habit of, if it stacks save it! I recently moved to a new house and have several resource containers weighing 132,000 stones to 270,000 stones, and was able to complete the move in one afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yes this seems to be the best reward ever, I too have saved anything that stacks. I have a lot of stuff to move from my bank back to the house, this will save alot of time.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sour cream and cheddar ruffles + choclate milk = upset tummy. sorry but the thought of this combo upsets my tummy. LOL
I'm with you on this Gunner! I have a great aunt who tells me that Peanut Butter/Onion sandwiches are just the best! There's no way I can force myself to try one! :thumbdown:

C

Crystal Canyon

I'm with you on this Gunner! I have a great aunt who tells me that Peanut Butter/Onion sandwiches are just the best! There's no way I can force myself to try one! :thumbdown:
OK, I don't feel like my eating habits are so bad now! Peanut butter and Onion? Peanut butter, honey and bannana yes...but onion? Whooooaaa!

*trots off looking for nearest trash can* LOL

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I don't feel like my eating habits are so bad now! Peanut butter and Onion? Peanut butter, honey and bannana yes...but onion? Whooooaaa!

*trots off looking for nearest trash can* LOL
I absolutely adore Aunt Euny ... most of the things she likes are well within an area that I would at least consider trying. She'll be 88 this coming July, lives in her own home, does her own shopping, is on no medication what-so-ever. She tells me she got started on Peanut Butter/Onion sandwiches during the 'depression' when variety wasn't an option. I guess it can't be all bad since she's so healthy, etc. But, I'm still not going to try one!

C

Crystal Canyon

I absolutely adore Aunt Euny ... most of the things she likes are well within an area that I would at least consider trying. She'll be 88 this coming July, lives in her own home, does her own shopping, is on no medication what-so-ever. She tells me she got started on Peanut Butter/Onion sandwiches during the 'depression' when variety wasn't an option. I guess it can't be all bad since she's so healthy, etc. But, I'm still not going to try one!
Awww...that is just awesome! My Grammy was like that also and used to tell me tales of what they ate during the depression. Of course she was one of 17 children so it had to have been really rough.

One of the things she said they ate alot, as she did until the day she died, was milk toast. It was just hot milk with melted butter and a slice of toasted bread in it. So basically it was soggy milk laden bread...lol But she swore by it anytime we were ill.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww...that is just awesome! My Grammy was like that also and used to tell me tales of what they ate during the depression. Of course she was one of 17 children so it had to have been really rough.

One of the things she said they ate alot, as she did until the day she died, was milk toast. It was just hot milk with melted butter and a slice of toasted bread in it. So basically it was soggy milk laden bread...lol But she swore by it anytime we were ill.
Oh, Aunt Euny loves milk toast, too ... she calls it comfort food cuz it reminds of her mom.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything paired with milk makes me wanna chuck some cheerios to the floor.. I don't tolerate cow juice well. o.0

But milk and potato chips? Ahhhh!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd give it a shot just for kicks! I'm a relatively adventuresome eater, cook and baker and have tried worse... Like my husband's cooking. :D

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, we seem to have digreesed.

Cheese Pizza, thin crust, topped with smoked oysters, and root beer.

Well, obviously NOT topped with root beer.

C

Crystal Canyon

lol, we seem to have digreesed.

Cheese Pizza, thin crust, topped with smoked oysters, and root beer.

Well, obviously NOT topped with root beer.
That sounds pretty good actually, but I would do the pizza, thin crust, topped with chili and smoked sausage...lots of onion, and a rootbeer with one scoop of chocolate icecream. YUMMY!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one who has a tummy ache..you guys aren't helping!!

*runs back down the hall*

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, It's Spring, and for those of us trying to regain our once youthful figure that looks entirely too inviting.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how this happened but this thread got highjacked by food. I would have to say someone got hungry.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL.

Well the good news is the original inquiry got handled. Then a bunch of us just hung around to converse in the kitchen as it were.

Must be a party!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it didn't make it better that looks so good I'd risk it!!
Thanks! It's a recipe I created. Cherry cordial cheesecake. Oreo crust with black cherry cheesecake swirl filling, dark chocolate drizzle and almond garnish.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! It's a recipe I created. Cherry cordial cheesecake. Oreo crust with black cherry cheesecake swirl filling, dark chocolate drizzle and almond garnish.
*shakes fist at computer screen*

AAARGGH!

F

Flora Green

Aside from Corin's cheesecake (which she keeps tormenting me with!), the food suggestions in this thread are pretty darn disgusting. :p

However, I now want a bologna (haven't eaten it in YEARS), cheese and frito sandwich.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aside from Corin's cheesecake (which she keeps tormenting me with!), the food suggestions in this thread are pretty darn disgusting. :p

However, I now want a bologna (haven't eaten it in YEARS), cheese and frito sandwich.
You think that because you haven't tried a cheese pizza topped with smoked oysters. I have tried a bologna and cheese sandwich with fritos, and while it is crunchy, mines better.

:p

C

Crystal Canyon

I think a lot of food choice is simply the region you were born and raised in. It's like the difference between whether you put sugar or salt on your grits...or if you even know what they are! LOL

I know at one time traveling to different states, I was amazed at the many people who had never heard of food or food combinations that I was raised to believe were the norm and that everyone ate the same way.

Sort of like, do you ask for a pop, a coke, a soda, or specific beverage when you are ordering out? The first time I was in Michigan and asked a waiter for a "pop" he looked at me like I was from a different planet. He finally responded by saying he didnt think they had ever served that from his establishment....lol rolleyes:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of food choice is simply the region you were born and raised in. It's like the difference between weather you put sugar or salt on your grits...or if you even know what they are! LOL

I know at one time traveling to different states, I was amazed at the many people who had never heard of food or food combinations that I was raised to believe were the norm and that everyone ate the same way.

Sort of like, do you ask for a pop, a coke, a soda, or specific beverage when you are ordering out? The first time I was in Michigan and asked a waiter for a "pop" he looked at me like I was from a different planet. He finally responded by saying he didnt think they had ever served that from his establishment....lol rolleyes:
Right, true enough.

Like whether you eat pork or REAL BEEF BBQ like we do in Texas.

Remember folks, if it don't go MOOOooo, it aint fit for the Que.

C

Crystal Canyon

Right, true enough.

You know, I visited a a friend one time who lived in Baytown, Texas, and after I saw those HUGE critters you call cows and bulls down your way, I knew exactly why they end up on the que! If you didnt cook some of those huge beasts there would be no room left for people to live!!! WOW!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh heh heh.

Just doin' our part to reduce methane emissions and conquer global warmin, Ma'am,

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, true enough.

Maybe that's why everytime I make ribs they turn out horrible! I use pork. :eek:

I love nothing more than BBQ done right. And it's not often that I get to taste it. *le sigh* I can, however, whip out a mean beef wellington! :D

There's an inner-city neighborhood not far from where I live that's kinda rough around the edges. On weekends when you drive through lots of people pull their BBQs out front of their house and sell slabs of ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, etc. It smells SO good and everyone seems to be having a great time. I love that in such a rough part of town people seem to be able to come together and enjoy good food and company peacefully.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Does your bologna have a first name? ;)

I like bologna every now and then.. that kinda sounds good now really! I like lettuce, American cheese and a slice of onion on mine w/mustard.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of food choice is simply the region you were born and raised in.
That and because of it food is about who you are, where you came from and to an extent your familial values. It's a small window that reflects a lot about a person.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heading back atl
those that play here now ride there chargers and have no class

rest isnt worth sayings

That and because of it food is about who you are, where you came from and to an extent your familial values. It's a small window that reflects a lot about a person.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heading back atl
those that play here now ride there chargers and have no class

rest isnt worth sayings
It seems to me that wasn't worth saying either. The theme of this thread seemed to have been relatively positive. But I digress.. Best of luck to you and many wishes for increased happiness elsewhere!

C

Crystal Canyon

It seems to me that wasn't worth saying either. The theme of this thread seemed to have been relatively positive. But I digress.. Best of luck to you and many wishes for increased happiness elsewhere!
Ditto Latobian.