• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about a couple of the Store Items

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I have a couple of questions please about a couple of things I was thinking about buying from the store with sovereigns.

I was thinking of purchasing one of those earring sets(the ones you put on your vendor) from the UO in-game store. Are they account bound, because I have two accounts and was wondering if I could use them on either of mine.

The second thing I was thinking about purchasing was one or more of those new armor sets. The Deluxe Journeyman’s Armor that comes with the Deluxe Starter Pack. You only get one set of armor per pack? Can you buy the armor separately for less sovereigns? So, if i use the token and choose Garg, then only my Gargs can use it? What if I choose Human, then all my chars can use it but Gargs?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The second thing I was thinking about purchasing was one or more of those new armor sets. The Deluxe Journeyman’s Armor that comes with the Deluxe Starter Pack. You only get one set of armor per pack? Can you buy the armor separately for less sovereigns? So, if i use the token and choose Garg, then only my Gargs can use it? What if I choose Human, then all my chars can use it but Gargs?
Have to buy the whole pack. I just wanted for the blackthorns points. The armor is a very plain 100% lrc 70 resist suit. Any toon on the account can use the armor. I do not recall choosing human so it must go with the race of the toon that buys it.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Have to buy the whole pack. I just wanted for the blackthorns points. The armor is a very plain 100% lrc 70 resist suit. Any toon on the account can use the armor. I do not recall choosing human so it must go with the race of the toon that buys it.
Oh, I thought it came with more stats like LMC, SR and HCI. How much durability does it have?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Good luck! I spent about 7 hours trying to buy something from the Origin store the other day. One unanswered email to Mesanna. Several live chats. But eventually got it done. It's insane how hard it can be to give them your money. A few months ago I bought an expansion to increase storage and that went fine. I just never know....

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
90% of the UO Store items are rubbish.

Just a way to suck more money out of our pockets for stuff you dont need. :)

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's all just pixels worth exactly zero when EA pulls the plug, eventually. If you look at it more in terms of fun and not actual dollar value it's more fun.

"I've got $50 in my pocket and I want to pretty up my place" vs "I've got $50 in my pocket and I want $100 in value from it" type thing.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The plug is stuck on the socket... Has been pulled hard for last at least 15 years, and no go..Someone must have used superglue on it..:)

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
LOL You guys are funny. :)

~ Yea, I've had a hard time buying sovereigns and/or updating my account(s) before also.

~ But that brings up a good point, I don't want to invest much real $ if it's all gonna end soon. Than again, there's been more popular games, that have burned out after just a year or so. The core base is always going to be loyal, like Donald Trump supporters. ;)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL You guys are funny. :)

~ Yea, I've had a hard time buying sovereigns and/or updating my account(s) before also.

~ But that brings up a good point, I don't want to invest much real $ if it's all gonna end soon. Than again, there's been more popular games, that have burned out after just a year or so. The core base is always going to be loyal, like Donald Trump supporters. ;)
You don't understand ... UO has been ending "soon" since UO:Renaissance (Trammel).

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It can't be ending! We still haven't finished the Beta testing!