• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question #30: DPS Normalization

L

Lag

In the WOTLK Beta, the devs are focusing of having all dps classes be able to do the same amount of dps with similar gear, regardless of class. Likewise, that also means that the hybrids will be able to compete with "pure" dps classes, or classes with only 1 role: dps; such as mages, warlocks, hunters, and rogues. Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one, considering that hybrids will also be able to tank and heal?

A

autarctic

I have many classes most of them being "pure DPS" class, but I have a couple hybrid ones too. I really conflicted on if this is good or bad. On the one hand I have my rogue who bring NO utility to a raid in TBC(getting some in WoTLK so excited about that :D) and I don't want a hybrid class come and DPS the same as me and have more utility then me because then it brings those pure classes down. On my other other hand if a a hybrid class spec for DPS and losing/doesn't gain that great from other aspects I see that as fine because they are losing something for something. I guess it bothers me in a PVP sense more then anything because if they Hit like a rogue/mage ect AND they can heal that seems like it maybe a problem, but I have faith blizzard will fix it up right.

Final Answer: As long as blizzard does it right it will be fine, and I have faith they will. Also it opens up raids to more classes too.

B

Bud_Weiser

I don't see how you can classify Hunters as having just one roll. You obviously don't raid much.

L

Lag

I don't see how you can classify Hunters as having just one roll. You obviously don't raid much.

You're not serious, right? Hunters are JUST dps. In WOTLK, their pets can OT...but that's it. They can't heal and can't tank themselves...they're just pure dps.

Incase you got confused, I mean"pure" dps classes which only provide dps/utility versus classes than can heal and dps, or heal dps and tank, or any of the combination...

I'm a hunter in BT fyi.

G

GrizzleyAdams

I think it takes the uniqueness of each class out of the game but it will probably make pvp more balanced since no class gets an outrageous advantage anymore like locks.

P

Primo202

The hunter is long distance DPS,fast killer,my role is Level 85.