• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question # 29: WotLK Release?

L

Lag

When do YOU think WotLK is going to release? It's destined (as said by Blizzard high-ups) to be in Oct-Dec '08. Do you think Warhammer and Activision will have any impact on the release date?

L

Lasers

When do YOU think WotLK is going to release? It's destined (as said by Blizzard high-ups) to be in Oct-Dec '08. Do you think Warhammer and Activision will have any impact on the release date?
I think wotlk will be released Nov 3, 2008

E

Eldorian

You know they're aiming for sometime in November.

When I was talking to Eyonix at PAX I remember him mentioning how they had made a huge mistake at missing a holiday release with Burning Crusade... but he also said that just shows that Blizzard will only release a title when they feel it is ready.

So you know they're aiming for a November release.... just gotta see if they can meet their deadline or not.

Z

Zephyrum

Yeah, I'd agree that it'll be sometime in November (which rocks for me, birthday present anyone? Hehe.) It seems to be nearing completion pretty quickly, and although I want it in October, rationally I would guess November.

H

Hylloch

I think it will be released October 30th with the pre-patch coming out sometime mid September. Also i do think they will have an impact as blizzard wants to draw more people in before those games can.

C

Cyrk

well... blizzard wanted TBC to come out in november some time last year too. I think they will not release WotLK until it's ready but i also think that people switching over to Warhammer is inevitable, and also does have an impact on WotLK's release date. If i had to guess, I don't think they'll put it out as late as January 17th or whatever it was last year. I think it will come out somewhere between Thanksgiving and christmas. most likely within a few days of either of them :p

A

autarctic

I am hoping somewhere NEAR Halloween. I think it fits with the scourge being the main idea in this release.

but I think it will be out around the 20th of Nov