• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question #28 - Topic : Patch 2.4 and the Kara Key

B

Bo Riddler

Simple question this week. Now that 2.4 is out and only one person needs to the key for the raid group to enter Kara, is that a good thing?

Personally, I like it. Now I can enter it, besides, with WotLK Kara will become old compared to the new content anyway.

So is it ok?

G

My answer is no. Why?If you can't do the instances and handle the instances properly and get your key, what makes you think you can handle the bosses in Kara.

Most of the new players haven't done any of the end level instances before BC came out. And now a lot wont have done the stuff needed to get the key.

However, I think if one character on the account has the key, I dont see the point in attuning every other character, except to learn how to play them which is part of the fun.

D

Death Magnet

well I think if you cant get a key, you cant enter. if you want in bad enough, earn a key

or

Make keys available for a $$$$$$$ at a Vendor shop must be LVl 70+ or what ever it is, 1 time use key, per person, not re-available for say 48-72 hours again to that account/ person once its used

J

Juliana

I see points that are good & bad with it. However i voted that I do like it in the poll. I have gotten a Shadow Priest & a Prot warrior both exalted with the Violet Eye, so needless to say, I have run Kara A LOT. When my mage finally hit 70 the other night, one of our better groups that was running was short a DPS that had to leave early. They wsp'd me & asked if I would like to bring my mage. She hadnt even been 70 for 24 hours yet or even started the attunement quests. I felt like i had decent enough gear to be in there, considering the group I was in & i certainly knew all the boss fights & trash pulls to be an asset to my group & not a liability. I went prepared with pots & elixirs & buff foods to supplement my DPS. And they cheered when I put out my Mage Table....biscuits YUMMY!

However I know that there will be people that as soon as they hit 70 think that they can "handle" Kara without having set food in a raid instance & understanding a lot of what goes on. Running those instances to get your frags, is a good test of your gear. Running them on heroic, even better. I also know some people don't take it well when you try to explain to them that maybe they arent ready based on all green gear because with no attunement "Blizz thinks I am ready".

W

wtfisit123

i dont think it was a good idea, because now many more under-experienced people wont have a clue what they are actually getting into and not pay enough attention, with the key in effect, if u couldnt get to the key frags then u probably arent good enough to do kara, so u would definitely need to read up on the fights and get a little more experienced