• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quest Question

C

Cynewulf

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the newbie forum. It's about one of the newbie Death Knight quests. I don't remember the name of the quest, but you are instructed to go to Bowman's Mill, where that quest is ended and you get a follow-on quest about going after Argent Dawn at Light Hope's Chapel. Apparently you're supposed to join an army, kill things survive, get some kind of "New Dawn" thing, and then end the quest. I found what looked like an army, but they just sat there. I rode around, but found nothing at all that could be killed. I read the quest text several times, but it didn't seem to match what I was seeing.

Any clues? I saw that there were 300 defenders and 1000 scourge, but I couldn't find even one of the 300.

R

RayneStorm

Well, when I did it, I had two minutes to get from the Lich King to the battlefront, and then the battle began...300 to 1000. It was epic.

There is always the chance you got a bugged run, or the timer might have been lengthened. Or maybe you didn't make it to the battle in time? No clue what happens then...I made it in time (barely).

C

Cynewulf

It's a timed quest? I didn't notice that. I also didn't fail by not making it within the time limit.

I picked up the quest from the Lich King and logged off. When I logged in, I saw I had the one quest. I also had to do some training. So I trained, repaired, sold stuff, went to the forge. Then flew down, went through the cave, finished the quest at Bowman's Mill, picked up the next part. Road all over looking for something, anything. Road back through Tyr's Hand, back through Avalon, back through the cave, back to Bowman's Mill, back to LHC and riding around, back through Tyr's Hand again, finally logged off. I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure the quest out.

Should I abandon it and restart?

P

penguinduude

When you pick up the final quest to kill the 300 ardent dawn people, you have to talk to Highlord Darion Mograine in order to start the event. It will then put up a 5 minute timer to wait for anyone else to come and join you. Then once the time is up you will all charge at LHC and the fight shall begin.

R

RayneStorm

Ah, that must have been where my timer was from. When I got the quest from the Lich King to go talk to Morgraine, I had the two minute timer...must have been telling me I had two minutes to get to the group to start the fight with them.