• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quest Journal Still Broken

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to their Publish 111 news release, the Quest Journal was supposedly fixed. Have any of you found yours to be accessible now? Mine is still broken.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I can access my quest log.
maybe you need to do a full file check.
I know you have the publish, because I bought the bushels from your vendor yesterday.

if that doesn't fix it, then you might need to email Mesanna.
Kwan emailed her about an issue she had & Mesanna fixed the issue for her.
(Kwan can still get you guard wacked though, that wasn't fixed lol)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I ask a silly question? How are you accessing the log (or trying to). I ask because at least one person previously was speaking of the hag's quest, which isn't the same quest system and isn't accessed the same way.
Unlike the newer system, accessed via the paperdoll, the older system, accessed via the character's context menu, doesn't show an empty log. If you don't have a quest of that type there is no log to open.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
^This

I was going to ask the same thing.

Currently my tamer is on the Naturalist Quest

Single left-clicking on yourself will bring up the original quest system

1632421439930.png

This is what it looks like when you are not on one of those original quests, since you are not on a quest, there is no quest log to view
1632421509197.png

The newer quest system is the one accessed through your paperdoll.

I know all of this seems silly because DUH We know all of that...but sometimes we just have DUH moments :)

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I ask a silly question? How are you accessing the log (or trying to). I ask because at least one person previously was speaking of the hag's quest, which isn't the same quest system and isn't accessed the same way.
Unlike the newer system, accessed via the paperdoll, the older system, accessed via the character's context menu, doesn't show an empty log. If you don't have a quest of that type there is no log to open.
I am talking about the Quest button on the paperdoll. It had a bunch of Eodon quests and a couple others that I wanted to keep......Kalen's quest being one....and nothing opens up. It has been like this since they took down the turn-in guy from the Yukio event (or whatever it was called) we had in Tokuno a while ago.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can access my quest log.
maybe you need to do a full file check.
I know you have the publish, because I bought the bushels from your vendor yesterday.

if that doesn't fix it, then you might need to email Mesanna.
Kwan emailed her about an issue she had & Mesanna fixed the issue for her.
(Kwan can still get you guard wacked though, that wasn't fixed lol)
I'll try the full file check and then email Mesanna if that fails. Thanks for the input, everyone.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am talking about the Quest button on the paperdoll. It had a bunch of Eodon quests and a couple others that I wanted to keep......Kalen's quest being one....and nothing opens up. It has been like this since they took down the turn-in guy from the Yukio event (or whatever it was called) we had in Tokuno a while ago.
mine is working on Sonoma
and the only quest that got deleted was Yukio's quest.

I have the Kalen's apprentice quest on a couple of shards
And it is still on their quest logs
so yours should be there (when you view it)

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine is working on Sonoma
and the only quest that got deleted was Yukio's quest.

I have the Kalen's apprentice quest on a couple of shards
And it is still on their quest logs
so yours should be there (when you view it)
Since I had Yukio's quest open, and even ready to turn in when they deleted the turn-in guy, I haven't been able to open the Quest log. I click it and get no response at all. I tried the full file check and nothing. I'll email Mesanna. Thanks.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still have Yukio's Quest

1632544266009.png

1632544290176.png

You seem to be buggy so yeah you're best bet would be to e-mail her.

Went to go kill a quest creature and it still works lol

1632544608934.png

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday messana fixed my quest log. The gm the day before Shows up Quick but Was not able to fix it. Even He has rebooted my char.
My char was a sampire.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday messana fixed my quest log. The gm the day before Shows up Quick but Was not able to fix it. Even He has rebooted my char.
My char was a sampire.
What info did you have to send her so she could find your bugged toon? Did you have to be online when she did it?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What info did you have to send her so she could find your bugged toon? Did you have to be online when she did it?
On Thursday i opened a GM call. The GM showed up a few minutes later and try to fix it on its own. He logged in with my char and does something which is he called rebooting. I think that the same operation as if you transfer a char. He had some time spend with me, but cannot fix it. So he says he will inform the devs.
While i am playing on Friday evening, this mus be Friday morning for Mesanna, the same GM paged me if i can spend some time for the devs.
I say yes of course and while i am concentrating on the "[" i recognize that someone stands beside me. It was Mesanna.
1632649908190.png

She asked if she is allowed to delete some or one of the blocking quests.
I had 5 quests active and after the "fix" it were 3 left.

To make it short, yes i was online and it was a huge efford for a small bug. The sender of information to her was the GM.
If there are 100reds of peoples with the same bug, congrats.
Nevertheless thanks to both who helped me out this quest hole.

what was unusual at this char? I am quite sure, that i had used a gender change token after accepting the yuko quest because of the succubus queen. maybe this changed my char id and the quest they want to delete was bound to the other id and after that i had an improper quest in my quest log.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
last time I checked the NPC is still there on Origin
which is probably why you still have the quest

View attachment 122430

And as of this moment
you can still do the quest
Yeah I went there yesterday and noticed they were there.

Today? They are gone and now my quest log won't open.

Not even gonna bother with it, they'll figure it out eventually lol.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Thursday i opened a GM call. The GM showed up a few minutes later and try to fix it on its own. He logged in with my char and does something which is he called rebooting. I think that the same operation as if you transfer a char. He had some time spend with me, but cannot fix it. So he says he will inform the devs.
While i am playing on Friday evening, this mus be Friday morning for Mesanna, the same GM paged me if i can spend some time for the devs.
I say yes of course and while i am concentrating on the "[" i recognize that someone stands beside me. It was Mesanna.
View attachment 122477

She asked if she is allowed to delete some or one of the blocking quests.
I had 5 quests active and after the "fix" it were 3 left.

To make it short, yes i was online and it was a huge efford for a small bug. The sender of information to her was the GM.
If there are 100reds of peoples with the same bug, congrats.
Nevertheless thanks to both who helped me out this quest hole.

what was unusual at this char? I am quite sure, that i had used a gender change token after accepting the yuko quest because of the succubus queen. maybe this changed my char id and the quest they want to delete was bound to the other id and after that i had an improper quest in my quest log.
Wow....what a pain in the rear that was for you. I'm not looking forward to this nonsense. Thanks for the info.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow....what a pain in the rear that was for you. I'm not looking forward to this nonsense. Thanks for the info.
Email Mesanna put urgent on it. Tell her what account name and toon. She can do it without you there most likely.

Zim Zum

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had the same issue but it was fixed by paging a GM who thankfully knew immediately all he had to do was remove the broken quests (which I assume was the Yukio quest).

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna responded to my email the same day and asked for specific permission to enter my account so, if you email her for this, you will need your account name, toon name, shard and express permission to enter your account. She fixed my Quest Journal and even deleted those blasted Ethereal Travel scrolls that were stuck in the packs of several of my toons. I had been toting those around for quite some time. The interesting thing is she said that "some of (my) characters would be having journal issues soon so I went ahead and fixed those also." I'm thinking there are going to be more broken Quest Journals in the near future........hopefully not. She was very nice and fixed it right away. I didn't have to be online when she did it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I hope she doesn't delete quests all willy nilly...I still have the candle of love quest on a few characters that I kinda wanna keep on there....for posterity!

1632868981180.png

I only completed it on one character...but I still have it on 2 others...one of which is the bugged one...*sighs*

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna responded to my email the same day and asked for specific permission to enter my account so, if you email her for this, you will need your account name, toon name, shard and express permission to enter your account. She fixed my Quest Journal and even deleted those blasted Ethereal Travel scrolls that were stuck in the packs of several of my toons. I had been toting those around for quite some time. The interesting thing is she said that "some of (my) characters would be having journal issues soon so I went ahead and fixed those also." I'm thinking there are going to be more broken Quest Journals in the near future........hopefully not. She was very nice and fixed it right away. I didn't have to be online when she did it.
Mine was broken, but seems to have fixed itself.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope she doesn't delete quests all willy nilly...I still have the candle of love quest on a few characters that I kinda wanna keep on there....for posterity!

View attachment 122568

I only completed it on one character...but I still have it on 2 others...one of which is the bugged one...*sighs*
The only old quest I had on my bugged toon (Kalen's Lament) is still there. She just deleted the Yukio quest. I have no idea what she had to do to prevent a future problem on a couple of my other toons. It appears all the quests those toons had are still there, including the old Warrior of Ether quest.......though, admittedly, I don't recall what all quests any of them had. I have a tendency to leave quests in there for posterity......or laziness.........yeah, let's go with "posterity".
Mesanna also made sure to tell me to let her know if I have any other problems with this. All in all, a very pleasant interaction.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup she is very good at customer service.

I think I got a GM to unstick my scrolls.

Hmmm there was no new quest on the upcoming events. You got some inside info maybe.