• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Queen Dawn's Guard / In the Shadow of Virtue event arc question

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was watching some of the video footage back from the 2010 event story arc that led to the death of Queen Dawn and was wondering:

Where and when did she have guards that wore the marble plate armor sets?

None of the videos I saw showed her flanked by guards that could be killed and looted.

At what point in the story did this particular event happen?

Looking for info from anyone who actually participated in this event!

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Europa, the guards were in the British castle throne room .. can't remember if Dawn was in there too.

The guards suddenly disappeared and their corpses were all over Britain. Some had the armour as loot, but I found some on the daemon corpses.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They were in the throne room and referred to in fiction. I'm pretty sure they were the guards whom Dawn stated fought "with the zeal of a mongbat" in practice fights with her. In other words she was a far better, and more enthusiastic, fighter than her own guards. They were guarding a mysterious crystal (you know the "replica of a mysterious crystal display" item some people have? the original was for that crystal). They had marble-colored plate armor and for some reason they were given a plate mempo instead of a regular plate gorget. The weird color of the armor and the use of a mempo with no helmet made them look like sparkly, moronic vampires.

I'm not sure what was the same or different on each shard, but on GL there was a massive demonic attack on Britain, Queen Dawn led the defenses personally. During the distraction the bad guys slipped into the throne room, easily slaughtered the guards, and stole the crystal. On GL that whole storyline had way more weight than it seems to have on other shards because our Event Moderators really stepped up and turned it into something. My quip at the time was that the global side of the story was so badly done you couldn't tell anything was going on on most shards, but on GL the EMs turned it into a harrowing epic of near unbearable intensity. (Complete with a three- or four-event mini-storyline where we tracked down and slaughtered those who'd been mostly responsible for her death, including her demon-possessed husband Ors.)

If I'm missing other shards where the EMs successfully elevated the material, then I'm sorry and please let us know about it!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never got into the storyline/fiction of UO and I don't think I played during this time but marble plate suit sounds cool.

Are there marble suits floating out there somewhere??

:postpics:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iirc the marble color is now a dye that anyone can use on armor.
Mmmmm...not quite....

There is the cleanup pigment called 'Mother of Pearl' (hue 2720) which is similar to the Queen Dawn marble set (hue 2953) but not quite the same.

Also, the red cloak and red halberd (hue 1175) can't be replicated by dyes.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never got into the storyline/fiction of UO and I don't think I played during this time but marble plate suit sounds cool.

Are there marble suits floating out there somewhere??

:postpics:
Manticore sold a suit a few weeks ago that missing the cloak and halberd: