• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quality hunting grounds for a bard...

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Greetings! Playing a recently reactivated bard and enjoying exploring and getting more involved in the game. Quit many years ago and never had a chance to do anything like Doom, Champs, Peerless, etc. Back in the day you either provoked demons, blood elementals, or dragons in Destard. I'm enjoying getting into more dungeon crawling and just got into trying some mini-champ spawns in Stygian Abyss. I'm sitting at about 111 provoke, 105 music, and 108 peace, so I'm fairly suited for some harder content.

Any recommendations on good places to go to farm for artifacts, rare items, maps, and obviously gold? I love the idea of working on a difficult creature, like some of the Paragons that I've seen in Illshner at random times, or the mini-champs that I randomly go after in Stygian Abyss.

Maybe even some bosses that drop gear that would be good for a bard to use?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What is your template? Are you going to 120 on those skills? There is some content that you won't want to attempt solo unless you are 120 real or item based in those skills.

As you are now; Wrong is a good place to go for the new loot and plenty of things to prov though not the best payout in gold. Shame levels 1 and 2 should be okay but be careful going lower. If you fail a bit, you can quickly get over run. The abyss and underworld has some things you can farm for imbuing mats to sell.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mud elementals in Shame on Level 2 will serve you well. You get reasonable gold but more importantly you'll get loot. Even if alot of it is cursed or brittle etc, I've managed to outfit my bard with some really rediculous suits to go hunting in, just by what I've found in shame.
Alot of people will nay-say the cannot repair/brittle/cursed gear, but look at it like pre AoS rules, and its not really a bother at all

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the great responses.
As of right now, I'm sitting at [unbuffed with jewelry]:
105 music
104 prov
104 peace
~70 discord [work in progress]

I'll definitely check out those dungeons you've recommended. I read some stuff online about some new dungeon revamps where it almost seems like there is a "boss" at the end with artifact drops. Is that soloable or is that meant to be done with a group?