• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quad core and the EC,anything I can do ......

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Seems like I`ve stumbled across posts in the past how peaple turn off a core or two? or something to that effect to make UO run better in the EC? I`ve tried like hell to get something to pop up thru search ......

Just got this thing up and running and after playing UO a lil and crashing once, I am see`ing a definate downgrade in performance in the EC. Its only for UO though,plays other games freekin great! :thumbup:

AMD Phenom 9650
Win XP Pro sp3
2 gigs ram (2 on da way)
Nvidia 9800GT

Any lil tricks I can try to improve my UO experience on this thing?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe navidia card could not be working,or patched

also can get ec to run on netbook but dint try heavy spawn
runs very well on desktop with 4 gigs ram quad core 1 gig video card 500 gig hard drive duel moniter

Seems like I`ve stumbled across posts in the past how peaple turn off a core or two? or something to that effect to make UO run better in the EC? I`ve tried like hell to get something to pop up thru search ......

Just got this thing up and running and after playing UO a lil and crashing once, I am see`ing a definate downgrade in performance in the EC. Its only for UO though,plays other games freekin great! :thumbup:

AMD Phenom 9650
Win XP Pro sp3
2 gigs ram (2 on da way)
Nvidia 9800GT

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

AMD Phenom 9650
Win XP Pro sp3
2 gigs ram (2 on da way)
Nvidia 9800GT

from what i understand you can control the amount of cores used during bootup. in windows open task manager, go to processes. find uo and right click it. check SET AFFINITY, hope that works out let us know.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I just stumbled across that today before I flashed my bios. Makin sure everything was shut off that needed to be,realized that was where ya set the affinity. I knew I read about it in the past but never paid much attention,didn`t apply to me at the time. Thanks for the replies though.

Since my initial install its been running the EC great.Even fixed the slow graphics loading when running at mounted speed. How? Dunno,lol. I`ve done so much to this in the past few days (for this and another problem)I can`t be sure what I did to make it better,but its freekin great now. Only get minor stuttering when running at mounted speed but thats only occasional.

Now if I could just get this damn thing to go into dual channel mode!!! :wall: