• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

QotW #31: PvE->PvP Xfers: Good, Bad, Ugly?

L

Lag

We all know Blizzard opened up PvE to PvP transfers...a lot of PvPers have been complaining, due to various reasons including the whole "xfer over and gank" argument. Do you think it was smart of Blizzard to open up these transfers?

A

autarctic

We all know Blizzard opened up PvE to PvP transfers...a lot of PvPers have been complaining, due to various reasons including the whole "xfer over and gank" argument. Do you think it was smart of Blizzard to open up these transfers?
Smart for blizzard Yes they will be making more money. Is it good as a whole? I think it is some people rolled on a PVE realm and learned later that their friends were on a PVP realm. I know they can reroll it isn't hard but still not everyone wants to. But I see it from a PVP realm guys (me I have only rolled on a PVP realm so i am one) and i hate to think of all the easy times they had leveling and come onto my realm. but hey i can gank them from 700-80 atleast =P

D

Dad

When I started with WoW, I rolled identical characters - one in a PvP realm and the other in a PvE realm. I found the PvP realm more exciting, however when playing restfully - say, while watching a basketball game - the PvE realm worked better. I don't see any problem with Blizzard allowing transfers from PvE to PvP. I was able to level in both types of realm without much difficulty.