• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP TOURNAMENT - 16JAN2016 is ON!!!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Hail! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The intergalactic finance minister seeks STRATICS & everyone's support (to not delete or move this post) on a sustainable player-run-sponsored, EM sanctioned (need your help here to get them EMs for ATL & SKR) and hopefully BS approved PVP TOURNAMENT!

Objective is to rally the pvp community, having big parties to look forward to. Stir up more **** on these two shards.

1. Prize money 2B, sponsored by your Intergalactic Finance Minister.
2. Run this every 2 months for now, extending it to monthly if successful.
3. Hopefully EMs can help to organize or provide arena. Throw in a couple EM items too. @Messana maybe chip in a few. How to I tag her?
4. 1v1 Ladder, 500m, 350m, 150m prize money to top 3 respectively. No pots.
5. Group fight capture the flag on foot, all items allowed. 1B prize money to team.

Start date pending. Pls put in constructive ideas and comments. TYTY.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like this idea :)

The Atlantic EM doesn't use Stratics anymore. His name is Bennu, he uses Facebook and Twitter instead. No idea who the Sakura EM is.

Here are the links to Bennu's Facebook and Twitter if you want to contact him:

Ultima Online: Atlantic Event Moderator Team

Bennu (@EM_Bennu) | Twitter

Also, you did the tag correctly but it didn't work because you misspelled Mesanna's name hehe. @Mesanna

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Hail! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The intergalactic finance minister seeks STRATICS & everyone's support (to not delete or move this post) on a sustainable player-run-sponsored, EM sanctioned (need your help here to get them EMs for ATL & SKR) and hopefully BS approved PVP TOURNAMENT!

Objective is to rally the pvp community, having big parties to look forward to. Stir up more **** on these two shards.

1. Prize money 2B, sponsored by your Intergalactic Finance Minister.
2. Run this every 2 months for now, extending it to monthly if successful.
3. Hopefully EMs can help to organize or provide arena. Throw in a couple EM items too. @Messana maybe chip in a few. How to I tag her?
5. Group fight capture the flag on foot, all items allowed. 1B prize money to team.

Start date pending. Pls put in constructive ideas and comments. TYTY.
I remember BAJA tourney many years back carried name titles like the Legendary / Master Duelist. Sword of Champions and stuff. Of course, such handouts can't possibly happen monthly, but maybe we can have monthly pvp tourneys leading up to a semi annual huuuuuuggggggeeeeee DJT style golden palace PVP event which yields top prizes from your IFM plus BS. Smaller ones can be just sponsored by me.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran

The Atlantic EM doesn't use Stratics anymore. His name is Bennu, he uses Facebook and Twitter instead. No idea who the Sakura EM is.

Also, you did the tag correctly but it didn't work because you misspelled Mesanna's name hehe. @Mesanna
Thank you our dear captain!!!

I can't possibly do everything. I'm the intergalactic money. I need help from others to coord this. Besides I don't use FB TW cos it's kina sunning ones personal **** and simply I rather put my FB TW time to generate more intergalactic dollars lol.

Would the dear Captain so kind as to coord pls? We will enshrine you. LOL. And really, if you did this, all the pvpers on ATL has nothing to complain about. the feud within pvper community is too strong for someone within to do this.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you our dear captain!!!

I can't possibly do everything. I'm the intergalactic money. I need help from others to coord this. Besides I don't use FB TW cos it's kina sunning ones personal **** and simply I rather put my FB TW time to generate more intergalactic dollars lol.

Would the dear Captain so kind as to coord pls? We will enshrine you. LOL. And really, if you did this, all the pvpers on ATL has nothing to complain about. the feud within pvper community is too strong for someone within to do this.
I would love to help if I could, but unfortunately I would not be able to help with this. I don't know Bennu very well, and am pretty bad at planning tournaments hehe.

I hope some people are willing to help with this idea though, it sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A PvP tournament is a great idea!

As for EM involvement: it's probably not likely. Player events are supposed to go through the PEC now, and the PEC is not allowed to give special rewards.

I would think it would best be held on Test Center (so people can just copy characters instead of transferring), and could use the pre-existing arenas for holding the actual fights.

I was working on getting some Stratics-hosted events starting soon, but then the site went up for sale and all projects were placed on hold. If all goes well, I think something along these lines would be fantastic.

(Also, though the trade forums aren't really the best place for this, you're correct that there is no pvp-specific forum. We'll look into better options when the dust settles.)

mint

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think members of Broadsword, EMs, would probably be against a large event like this especially "Stir up more **** on these two shards." around that factor.
It would make more sense to have a tournament like this on either a Test Shard where everyone can copy a player or on every shard.
Incentivizing PvP to attract more people to just one shard or two, will be against their overall goal.
PvP is a huge part of this game, so making there no reason to be on any other shard would hurt them. Huge tournaments on just 1 or 2 shards would impact the population control.
Just my thoughts.

I love the idea of Test Shard tourny, and you can take your prize/title back with you, or tournament on all shards and then like semi finals can be played on Test from the winners of each shard.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
A PvP tournament is a great idea!

As for EM involvement: it's probably not likely. Player events are supposed to go through the PEC now, and the PEC is not allowed to give special rewards.

I would think it would best be held on Test Center (so people can just copy characters instead of transferring), and could use the pre-existing arenas for holding the actual fights.

I was working on getting some Stratics-hosted events starting soon, but then the site went up for sale and all projects were placed on hold. If all goes well, I think something along these lines would be fantastic.

(Also, though the trade forums aren't really the best place for this, you're correct that there is no pvp-specific forum. We'll look into better options when the dust settles.)
Hey girl! Thx for inputs.

Notice that it's not "a"; I'm convinced this shall be a SUSTAINABLE event, not one-off; to really stir up **** and gather existing pvpers or even attract new, perhaps even get some to return (I duno, I hope).

Hence I'm pledging 2B prize money or items worth per tourney, every 2 months for now.

But, I'm the intergalactic money, I need an amazing coordinator.

Will the fair captain so as to volunteer pls?

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I would love to help if I could, but unfortunately I would not be able to help with this. I don't know Bennu very well, and am pretty bad at planning tournaments hehe.

I hope some people are willing to help with this idea though, it sounds like a lot of fun! :)
Oh I mean, maybe,

a coord to:
post fiction / rules / date & times / prize money & rewards / register teams

another coord to:
roleplay EM to host event, whip people in line, enforce rules, judgement, run the actual tourney

All roles can be volunteer basis or paid. I believe it's either passion or carrot. Both works.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I mean, since pvp event ain't a big focus of BS, let's do it on our own. I'm not in it for any rewards, I'm in it for the game.

Like how DJT is using his own money to run, to make America great, again! Woohoo!

Why ATL and SKR? Cos I'm on it. If other shard players wana partake, jolly shandy well xfer. I don't have resources like Messana to take care of everybody. If I did, I'd make this game free to play like lol and utilize micro sales to churn revenue, hold huuuuuugggeeee events. But I'm not here to comment how UO is run. I just love UO and i won't play another noob game.

Why can't BS sanction player run events? If, it's run well; with a particular community in mind: not for profit; for the game. Such characteristics should be supported. Or, at least, make announcements to the general community perhaps? Trammies can come watch! Like F1!

Stir up **** is but a gangsta remark. Don't read into some of these words too much.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran

Dear Capt, would you kindly forward this link onto ATL EM FB & TW pls?

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I remember BAJA tourney many years back carried name titles like the Legendary / Master Duelist. Sword of Champions and stuff. Of course, such handouts can't possibly happen monthly, but maybe we can have monthly pvp tourneys leading up to a semi annual huuuuuuggggggeeeeee DJT style golden palace PVP event which yields top prizes from your IFM plus BS. Smaller ones can be just sponsored by me.
I'm still sad I lost in that Baja tourny least my buddy JT avenged my death!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dear Capt, would you kindly forward this link onto ATL EM FB & TW pls?
I have sent them a message about it on Facebook including a link to this thread, I do not have a Twitter account though.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I'm still sad I lost in that Baja tourny least my buddy JT avenged my death!
JT was godly. He won it with title. Dont think he's playing anymore.

Who was second? Loki the Master Duelist.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
JT was godly. He won it with title. Dont think he's playing anymore.

Who was second? Loki the Master Duelist.
Jt and mini maj got first Lewis and someone else got 2nd

This was a long time ago beginning of publish 16

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT

PVP TOURNEY COORDINATOR - HIRING!!!!

Job Description:
* post fiction / rules / date & times / prize money & rewards / register teams
* host event, whip people in line, enforce rules, judgement, run the actual tourney

200M paid job! Retainer every month! i.e. you earn 200m x 12months. Tourney will only run every two months for now. Hence, alternating months of design / run / redesign / run / hoot hoot (beats EMs decoing santa homes im sure! i logged in today in formosa, saw a blue leet moongate, it sent me to ice lands santa home, santa wasnt home. wtf? EM thinks we tourists up for photoshoot?)

ICQ me @ 999 12 701 and i'll reference check ya with the Captain.
Working for the Intergalactic Finance Minister will carry unforeseeable perks too =) =) ^^

Last edited:

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT

Time: sometime JAN 2016
Shard: Atlantic, next up Sakura
Frequency: JAN (ATL) / MAR (SKR) / APR (ATL) / MAY (SKR) / JUN (ATL) FY2016
Prize Money: up to 2B worth of gold or items by your Intergalactic Finance Minister; more if almighty @Mesanna @SoulWeaver @others blesses the event

1st TOURNAMENT [we tweak & refine accordingly after this one]
1. Mage vs. Mage - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
2. Dexer vs. Dexer - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
3. 2 vs. 2 - any class mix, all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 600m, 2nd prize 300m, 3rd prize 100m

We (not me!!!!) shall make 3 fight rings such that fights can be conducted concurrently to save time! OK? Do this in Tram or Fel - we should welcome carebears to spectate!

So i need a coordinator, and i'm upping fees for this tourney coordinator to 200m basic pay plus 300m bonus on all KPIs met. Voted by participants if bonus should be applied. Popular vote.

Pls contact me @ 999 12 701. This is your Intergalactic Finance Minister speaking. TYVM!

Last edited:

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
My email to Mesanna.

Almighty goddess of UO, we love you and adore you.

Please see link below on my commitments to the UO community, especially the less fortunate pvpers who need constantly be incentivized.

1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT (Stratics admins please support)

May I seek your support and blessings please? If you could support by sponsoring an item or two, nothing fancy but title sashes or cloaks that rewards PvP skill. It'll be wonderful!

I wana make this totally sustainable and am willing to put in more personal resources because I love UO.

Would the goddess answer my prayers and bless us in return?

Thank you.

sent from my iPhone

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will go ahead and add an additional 300m donation for the mage v mage tournament, for the first prize only. Contact me if you have any questions. This offer will stand. Old FL-Pacific Player / I remember the old tournaments back when Sheradon, Morollon, Ash Katchum, Trammie II, and all those guys played. Was very fun and great for the community.

You have my support.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I will go ahead and add an additional 300m donation for the mage v mage tournament, for the first prize only. Contact me if you have any questions. This offer will stand. Old FL-Pacific Player / I remember the old tournaments back when Sheradon, Morollon, Ash Katchum, Trammie II, and all those guys played. Was very fun and great for the community.

You have my support.
SUPER! We got another finance minister!

What's your ICQ I'll add ya.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn I might have to piece together all of old LD for this tourney. Great Idea for capture the flag and group fighting. As far as 1v1, it doesn't prove anything anymore. Stick every so called great pvper in a convention center on the same ping, locked comp with only uo/uoassist able to run, and the same simple suits, then you'd find out who the best is (I know that's not constructive criticism, so sorry, but is what it is.) . I would love to see some big ol guild fights come back though, yew gate is sooo horrid :p.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Damn I might have to piece together all of old LD for this tourney. Great Idea for capture the flag and group fighting. As far as 1v1, it doesn't prove anything anymore. Stick every so called great pvper in a convention center on the same ping, locked comp with only uo/uoassist able to run, and the same simple suits, then you'd find out who the best is (I know that's not constructive criticism, so sorry, but is what it is.) . I would love to see some big ol guild fights come back though, yew gate is sooo horrid :p.
It's impossible to balance out everything. That's the fact of life. Our great coord Zuckuss of USA & Soviethammer of USSR & Intergalactic Finance Minister of SINGAPORE will do our best.

Tis the first tourney, future tourneys will cycle different themes I'm sure!

As initially conceived, intention is a sustainable and huuuuuuugggggeeeee PVP tourney - for the community, even for carebears too!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
BROS LAST TWO DAYS TO SUGGEST ON RULESETS FOR: WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP PVP TOURNAMENT, 1st event hosted on Atlantic!!! We will be making official announcements this weekend on rulesets and next sat 16 Jan 2016, 8pm, US time.

mint

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hail! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Does this mean no pre-fight pots, AGI/STR?
A lot of people in this game setup their stats to work around those.
But, if not, not a huge deal. Just need to shift some stats once every 2 months.

Thanks!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Does this mean no pre-fight pots, AGI/STR?
A lot of people in this game setup their stats to work around those.
But, if not, not a huge deal. Just need to shift some stats once every 2 months.

Thanks!
No sir. Not for this round 1v1 at least.

2v2 is all goes.