• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Tank Mage Template???

N

Nystle

I love the idea of creating a tank mage again. I've seen some people playing them and I'm curious as to what templates people are using for their tank mages. Also I'm curious about some of the PvP strategies used when playing a Tank mage, for example what are some good combo's when using a tank mage? And what mods should someone trying to build a tank mage be aware of. Any advice or info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

G

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Melee
100 Tactics
80 Med
60 Chiv

100 LRC, 40 LMC, 8+MR, 30+ HCI, 2FC, 5FCR+, 50 EP, One Handed Wep (or calanced bow), No Shield (unless you're good at removing it to chug).
60/80/60/80/60 resist

Something like that should be your goal.

Explo FS Weapon strike is a pretty standard combo. one on one you'll most likely need smaller spells.

The chiv remove curse is great, and the divine fury really makes this template nice but you'll need to keep karma up (even as a murderer) for the remove curse.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
better of going 100 med imho... if ur under 100 the mr on ur suit takes a penalty...

and u only need 60/75/60/75/60 to be corpse proof.... and rather than HCI and making ur temp completely wepon hit relient use DCI cuz otherwise archers gunna drop u.

use ur divine right when ur going for wep hit.. it willl help your HCI.

N

Nystle

thanks for the reply's... I'm already working on my template...
For now I'm gonna go with
120 Fencing
120 Resist
115 Magery (120 when I can)
115 Eval (120 when I can)
100 tactics (Currently have 120 gonna bring it down)
100 Med
and 50 Chiv

I may end up tweaking the template a bit, I'm worried about the karma thing and the lower chiv level. I was thinking necro at 50 just for casting Corpse skin (I tested this and as a human with 50 necro your corpse skin does the same effect as if it were 105, only difference is duration time and the duration is still long enough to get several combos off) And another thing that was rather cool at 50 necro was the ability to use Curse weapon for a little mana leech. I'll be swinging the weapon rather fast since my stats are 100 85 100 with items... Any advice between chiv and necro?

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you seem like your confused whether or not your going to be a dexxer or a mage.. drop your tact low enough so u can at least hit 55-60 chiv so u won't fail divine fury... your gonna have to keep your karma up but u should be able to remove curse and cure dp

I know some people who use the 50 necro but i think they use it on scribe mages... so they can eo after spells for added damage... explode fs eo its nice...

120 mage
100 med
120 eval
120 resist
100 inscribe
60 necro
100 sw

Temp is sick get yourself a sick sc mage wep with dci no pen rock a crsytalline and switch to a g-heal wand occasionally when u need to (don't use a sheild) this temp can chug... GoR itself Attunement... hopefully u have DCI... also if u r in a grinder fight you can go wraith form go in pro arm ur g-heal wand buff yourself up with pots petals and your SW buffs... just start spamming essence and EQ if u feel like your getting low hit your arcane empowerment macro and and use your g-heal wand and heal for like 70 damage with one g-heal... its just a funny template to use and people get severely pissed off by the essence and the fact a million people are hitting you yet your not dying.