• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] pvp sword mage questions

Jig

Visitor
Hello everyone,

I havent played UO since publish 25. Just coming back and things are quite different. Years ago I liked playing an AI mage. It seems this is still viable but I am not entirely sure how it would look.

Would this still be viable? Optimal?

120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 swords
120 tactics
This is essentially what I would have run in 2004.

I keep seing alot of people suggest a bushido mage with no med. I assume the template would look like this?
120 swords
120 bushido
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
90 tactics
30 med

then get items to get med as high as possible? What would be my suit requirements for MR for this to be viable? Are there other variations? Part of me just wants a straight forward sword ai mage, but I dont want to gimp myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can lower your tactics to 60 now and still use all special moves

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the bushido mages I've seen play in protection by the way and use a bokuto (among other things)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your going to want max lmc, 45+ dci and hci (if you want to hit on a tank mage), as much MR as you can, max pvp sdi, 15 hit point Inc, and then work on things like hpr and maybe a little sr.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, imo you need parry to play a Bush mage too. So many nox dexxers now, you will want the best chance possible to avoid getting hit.

Jig

Visitor
Also, imo you need parry to play a Bush mage too. So many nox dexxers now, you will want the best chance possible to avoid getting hit.

How would that template look?