• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Pet Question - Dread, Bane, or PP Nightmare & what type?

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coming back after a hiatus and have a plethora of pets available to me. I am aware pets were nerfed pretty heavily in PVP. My poor untrained dread mare does 10 point fire breaths and flamestrikes lol.

With that being said, having all of these available to me...

Which is the best (In your opinion) and why?
And how the heck do I distribute the point allotment?
What moves are useful in PVP?
Is scrolling out a pet worthwhile?
If so what skills?

I appreciate all insight in these matters. But remember, only PVP templates for the pets.

Thank you!

Ascalon

Adventurer
Can you find some PvP that you want to be involved in? What type of PvP is it? There may not be much left.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll do my best to point you in the right direction, but I am not a PvPer.
Best to do some PvP and talk with some in-the-know players before you attempt to train your best pets.

Best:
I see several PvP tamers on bane dragons. [Bane = Best?]
Possibly followed by pre-patch nightmares.
(I believe I once read that trained dreadmares are actually weaker than trained pp nightmares because of the extra point allocation for 2-slot pets)

A useful resource to help with point allocation and planning is this site: Home | uo-cah.com
You can save your build plan and share here for feedback from actual PvPers.

Moves:
P.s. 3 best pvp bane builds are vicious/aura, vicious/poison breath, venomous/aura.
Points and Moves for nightmares - Training: Legacy Nightmares | uo-cah.com

Scrolls:
Absolutely worth it for the pets that you will actually use. Your pet will hit harder and be harder to kill.

Skills:
You will scroll every fighting skill possible on your best pets (and all of the relevant skills for the magic that the build uses).
Wrestling/Tactics/Anatomy/Resist Spells/Focus/Meditation//Magic (that you choose, not necessarily what the pet spawned with)

Here is an example of a fully trained Bane that was sold a while back (first post; same thread as the quote above):
Selling Pet - Fully trained highend bane dragon | Stratics Community Forums

Welcome back!