• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Not Your Cup Of Tea? Come Back And Just Give It A Shot

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mules and newbies, as I said, should stay in Trammel. There's no point for them to be in Felucca, other than for mules to get extra resources (which they take a chance to gather).

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree with you a little there, as my crafters have been 100% Fel based all their lives. Fel is *the* best place to craft, but you need to be savvy. Drop off resources more regularly, don't wear anything insured if possible etc. Don't carry things you don't need. Have an escape plan worked out *just in case* Also, stay away from known crafter haunts. One of the great things about the random resources is that you're not tied to a specific location for each resource colour. This was a wonderful addition for the Fel crafter, the bliss of pulling 1200 frostwood from 1 tree literally 1 tile from my house sign lol. I don't think it gets much better than that

If you can get a home near a forest and mountains you're sorted for life

Wenchy

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Prince,

Your post is just another silly attempt to lure, entice, or draw prey into Felucca.

Folks who have NO interest in Felucca simply have NO interest in Felucca, nor in combat with other players (many using cheats, exploits, etc).

If you enjoy Felucca, and/or PvP or Pking...enjoy it. But leave the rest of us to enjoy UO as we see fit!!!

Elladan of Baja

G

Aww geez louise.

Boy did this thread misfire.

Let me say this again. Please read carefully:

***I AM NOT TRYING TO "LURE" PEOPLE TO FELUCCA. I DO NOT, AND HAVE NEVER, PKED IN ULTIMA ONLINE, AND I DON'T PLAN TO START.****

I REALLY don't understand why everyone can only come to the binary conclusion that my primary goal here is to feed the PKs fresh victims. It disappoints me that everyone around here is so close-minded that it is the only reason that they can conclude.

FACT IS, I have recently rediscovered PvP, and found it different -- exciting, and breathed new life into the game. Best of all, it was no longer a case of bullying -- my mules and noncombatants remained safe in Tram, whereas my fighter chars could find fresher challenges in PvP.

Don't wanna try it, DONT DO IT. I was merely suggesting trying it again, this time playing in Felucca on your own terms, not because you had to (like in Pre-Renn).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cool on your buddy for learning.. that is smart and sounds like it was consentual dueling.. I'm all for that! The sad fact has to be admitted here, that going to fel isn't about consentual dueling... it's about getting jumped by someone or a group of someone's who have an advantage (insert whichever in this space).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why most people practice Its not that hard to escape a gank just have to be quick minded and not make a stupid mistake. I never said he was a friend. I only like a handfull of people on pacific. Most people who View UO as a single player sims game or cross the line thinking UO is RL or the shards senior citizens will never have what it takes be able to adjust to the fel lifestyle.

M

MysticLlamaFTW

Caspian: I get what you're trying to do. I'm not sure stratics is the right place for you to do it, though. Its just every PvP thread turns into the same 30 people yelling "hacks and cheats". Caspian tried to do something here. But people who are CLEARLY not interested, instead of just moving on to another thread, have to come in and say NO, and WHY they're staying out of it because they got dun wrong, and to say how everyone in fel is an asshat, and trying to categorize reds into casts, like "good, and bad PK". I get that you don't like it, but why not just stay out of the thread and let some positive comments about the OP take place? You've told us that you hate fel and all our guts in the other 40 threads. And the dude who talks about WoW pvp .. ?? I get that its good, but what the heck does it have to do with this thread? I play unreal tournament for real PvP.. so? Take a hike. I agree, 1v1 UO PVP may seem pointless - which is why i dont gate fight, but defending harrys and spawns takes teamplay, and its fun. Don't generalize, k? We play UO, and we enjoy this aspect of it. An antiques car collector will appreciate that new lexus because it can park itself, but that old Benz with teh chrome is closer to his heart.

To the folks who think caspian is trying to lure folks to fel for their insurance money: folks who do spawns make a lot more money than someone doing peerless with 2 or 4 folks, hoping for a cincture drop to make 12m. You can make more gold in one night, picking up gold after spawns on a stealther, than the best PvPer on your shard in one night. So, no, people don't need your gold.

I started playing pre-UOR. Then after many years of fun I took a bit of a break, came back again with ML, and re-discovered the game. It's all about guilds. UO alone is just boring, and fel alone is craptastic. And when I came back with the ML expansion, I can tell you for a fact that I found many people in tram, who were willing and eager to venture into fel to get some powerscrolls or do a harry, instead of pancakes that this loot be brought to tram without the element of PvP. People who haven't done the fel scene before.
It takes teamwork, effort, lots of deaths, learning, money, tactics, but most of all, you have to just WANT to do it. There are rewards in it, monetary and fun. And, it's definitely not for everyone. Out of lets say 15 people in my "trammy" guild that wanted to do fel, only 5 or 6 stuck to it in the long run. New blood does come to fel sometimes Caspian.. but you're more likely to find these folks on your shard, in game, than by posting here. If people step through the "gate" - they're likely to die fast. Someone needs to transition them over.

If you do end up venturing into fel, try and join up with a champer guild. If you're lucky to find one with good peeps in it, they'll show you the ropes, and you'll get to experience defensive and even perhaps offensive champ raiding PvP, instead of the pointlessness that is the gate fighting. And, you might just get a whopping reward of a scroll.