• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] PvP Ninja template help

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can people post their templates/tactics?

I want to go pure 'ninja'... not just a warrior with ninjitsu thrown on the template, as such il have hide and stealth. Im starting to think i may drop healing, and just do hit and run.. not sure.

Thanks

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: PvP Ninja

Shun the DAMNED Health wraps! ;P I never missed Healing in PVP, except a bit when it would have made a difference Rezzing allies. Not terribly important.

I used to Stealth/Hide/Ninja.. But Reveal/Track/AOE and not being able to keep up with allies, while having to Stealth or get killed, tired me. Having Poisoning made things more complicated, -100 Skill Points.. Eventually I went Warrior/Ninja/Nox. Efficient in groups(Not really due to Poisoning, so you could pick a different Skill), really sucked for 1V1s. So it depends what you're planning to do! Allies XHealing you when necessary should suffice.

Then again.. What works for me might not suit you.

Silver Krilon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually bumping this cuz I'm wanting to hear peoples thoughts on a Pure Ninja (No chiv, necro, bush, magic, or bandies) and how they work them. I was thinking healing from Item Properties would be the way to go. Life Leeches and HPR (coupled with Animal Form HPR) and the occasional Greater Healing Potion. But I'm more attuned to the idea of straight HPR because you can easily smoke bomb and stealth a bit to let the HP regenerate. But also GH wands sound like a good quick dress/undress healing idea.

If your good enough, you'll make sure you leave them poisoned before going into hiding. If you run out of Smoke Bombs, I always make it a habit to carry a Shadow Strike capable weapon to try and manage. And ofcourse there is also Mirror Image to divert attacks upon.

I also looked at a defensive Special Moves. The Nunchaku has the Block ability if you choose Mace Fighting, an ability that raises defenses. I also took a look at Defense Mastery, but taking an attack penalty for a physical defense isn't exactly helpful. Rather stock on Reactive Armor scrolls (1st circle) and cast it for physical resists (Scrolls aren't cheating a pure build, but skills in magery do). Shadow Strike though is a favored defensive escaping move of mine.

I actually have concerns on the opening attack between Backstab and Surprise Attack. But I'm not sure what the mechanics are in terms of the defense penalty on Surprise Attack and the tracking bonus (distance travelled) for Backstab. Though I typically lead with a Surprise Attack so that Death Strike is more affective, thereafter.

I usually use both Fukiya and Shuriken to poison as my ranged attack (if I'm opting out of using Splash Potions). Darts usually get Deadly Poison against dexxers within 1-5 tiles. Shuriken usually applied with Lesser, fast-ticking poison against mages at the 3-10 tile range. Poison is necessary to me because if you need to stealth back up rom taking damage, you'll still have a DoT running while you recuperate (Though, not for long since avid Pvpers know how to deal with poison quickly.) My Best advice is to avoid fighting necromancers though. Vamp Embrace will drain you. You can't poison easily and they life leech, a.k.a., Tank-Spankers cuz they tank your damage and spank you into hiding. I usually have 100.0 Poison though and can sometimes land that Lethal on them those rare few times OR I'll just Toad form and let them strike me to get non-resistant poison. If you fight another Nox though, Unicorn form is your best friend. JUst remember you can't use a lot of your abilities in these forms.

Alas I ramble about things I'm interested in and this topic has most certainly proved that. But if I can learn something about the opening stealth moves or reliably tested pure build healing methods, it would be time well spent writing this. Thx in advance!

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fencing 120
ninja 120
stealth 85
hiding 100
bushido 100
poison 90
tactics 100

heal through pots and confidence. I have killed people in 3 hits. hiding and move to next

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine that anyone who knows they're going to be PVPing is walking around with <100 HP...

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AI, AI, Deathstrike. I didn't say I have killed everyone that way. I said I have killed people. But must of the time I will throw in a infecting and some bleeding. I use a kryss so you don't need to max out your stam.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Probability to do 70 damage is too low. I use double strike and there is hit lightning on my weapon.