• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Matches Signup

What PvP do you wanna see organised?

• Total voters

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Alright, we've had PvP for a little while now, but too few people are using it!

Let's use the forum to organise some PvP matches; both free-for-alls, and scored team matches.

I'm thinking that the first step is to get a list of interested participants, and then we can look into putting two teams together and organizing a date for the first match. If people were really interested, we could also set up actual leagues with scoring systems.

It might also be cool to do a 1-v-1 knockout tournament, which would be much easier to facilitate in the short term, as all you'd need would be the two participants and 2 trusted witnesses (auriel and then any other random person?), but you could equally have people come and watch, which would be cool.

So yeah, first things first - Who is interested, and what are you interested in taking part in?

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd love to see if anyone compares with me 1 on 1.. but i also wouldn't mind being the second witness

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
For the record, pretty much all the reported PvP bugs will be fixed in a day or so in the next build. (Well, of course, there might be new ones added...)

I was also thinking about adding some simple game tools to the place -- no exact plans, but some sort of switches or other directed goals that players can defend might be useful.

But perhaps we just need more high-level players first!

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I am a fan of one off teams for now. Teams because it gives us the opportunity to include non-maxed players and we can also use this as an opportunity to test grouping roles and working with different skill sets. One off so we can jump in whenever there is enough of any players. Like a casual league.

shaxsa302

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
well a few other type of pvp could be possible:

a " by chance pvp(one on one, teams)" but with a slight catch. you know who's in pvp but you are randomly paired with someone so you could get "1 vs 1" ,"1 vs 2", "1 vs 3", "2 vs 2", "2 vs 3", "3 vs 3", so you take a chance every time you enter.

a "skill off pvp" basically your forced only to use the skill that the pvp allows,

a "hide and seek pvp" everyone know what hide and seek is but in this version the seeker doesn't get a point unless they kill the person they found, and the person is allowed to kill the seeker(counts as a win for everyone still hiding ). so if your the seeker, you might want to hide because everyone could be after you.

a "capture the flag pvp" you know how this works two teams capturing each other flags, but there would be normal and different(basically a king of the hill variant)

a "red rover pvp" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rover but in this version since it's pvp, the team need to protect themselves and the team from being killed while they run to the other side, and the "red rover red rover" phrase ends with something they think people like(example "red rover red rover send people who like wolves on over"). but I'm really certain how it would work.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well a few other type of pvp could be possible:

a "red rover pvp" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rover but in this version since it's pvp, the team need to protect themselves and the team from being killed while they run to the other side, and the "red rover red rover" phrase ends with something they think people like(example "red rover red rover send people who like wolves on over"). but I'm really certain how it would work.
I think you're trying to describe Bulldogs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_bulldogs_(game)

I do like the idea of "skill specific PvP" though. That could be fun.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess there's not much interest? I'll float it again in the chat to see if people are interested.

I'm not giving up yet!