• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP mage suit - which artifacts?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long time dexer here...and I'm finding a mage suit just as hard to build.

Player made pieces are clearly the best option in many slots - yet there are some slots, where an artifact seems the best or even only option. I'm just not familiar enough with the options to be sure.

So, with the assumption that all skills will be coming out of points, not gear, and that this will be a standard 6 x 120 NecroMage:

1. Which artifacts, drops or player made, would people consider *must haves* for their best PvP mage suit?
2. Which slots would you *always* fill with player made kit because there are no drops good enough to compete?
3. Jewellery and weapon/book?

I would prefer to build a mage suit where the skills are totally independent of the kit so that I can switch skill templates without having to switch gear. This will likely make him slightly weaker than an optimally integrated character but I'd rather accept that penalty than get bored and have to go through the pain of fine tuning kit for a fresh template.

Mind you - we still have to see what SA will let us do...

Thanks in advance for any incoming advice.

C

Chaosy

The most popular necromage suit consists of:

Folded Steel glasses
Crystalline Ring
Inquisitor's Resolution
Armor of Fortune
Totem of the Void
Crimson Cincture
Quiver of Infinity
Ornament of the Magician

Crafted legs/arms/gorget. To be honest, no good artifact arms exist, so they're always going to be a slot that you need to use crafted items with.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Folded Steel glasses
Crystalline Ring
Inquisitor's Resolution
Armor of Fortune
Totem of the Void
Crimson Cincture
Quiver of Infinity
Ornament of the Magician

Crafted legs/arms/gorget. To be honest, no good artifact arms exist, so they're always going to be a slot that you need to use crafted items with.
That's an awesome suit but way expensive. I think the inquisitors alone goes for about 35M in Atlantic.

Do you recommend any mid-priced alternative pieces until I'm able to obtain pieces to the suit you listed?

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's an awesome suit but way expensive. I think the inquisitors alone goes for about 35M in Atlantic.

Do you recommend any mid-priced alternative pieces until I'm able to obtain pieces to the suit you listed?

-OBSIDIAN-
Factions.

C

Chaosy

Inquisitor's sell for 20 or so now since faction items came out. It hasn't been 35 for awhile.

R

RichDC

In all honesty(apart from faction) the only thing you can cheapen the cost of is the helm, you can use the ancient samurai helm insted, or i guess the aegis of grace if you can fit the resistances.

The rest are pretty much base, unless you can for example find a +15mage ring with godly mods.(your competing with 5Hpr 20%sdi and 3Mr)

You can make it with

Heart of lion, Pendant of magi, Ancient samurai helm, 2amazing jewels with 3/1 Lmc, lrc, +magery and then use high end runic(very high end) armour

That will give you similar effects to the previous.

C

Chaosy

In all honesty(apart from faction) the only thing you can cheapen the cost of is the helm, you can use the ancient samurai helm insted, or i guess the aegis of grace if you can fit the resistances.

The rest are pretty much base, unless you can for example find a +15mage ring with godly mods.(your competing with 5Hpr 20%sdi and 3Mr)

You can make it with

Heart of lion, Pendant of magi, Ancient samurai helm, 2amazing jewels with 3/1 Lmc, lrc, +magery and then use high end runic(very high end) armour

That will give you similar effects to the previous.
Yep, most of my cross-shard necromages use 1/2 rings with + magery, ornament, kasa, heart of the lion, maybe pendant of the magi, alchy tally. It keeps the suit cheap and not too much worse off than the standard build.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the inputs. This helps me get a starter suit going until I can get into the high-end items. I'm still buying power scrolls for my necro-mage and those are draining my savings.

Question: Why all the +magery items? I assume this is to offset the magery reduction from a mage weapon. If so, what type & stats on the weapon are required? I'm guessing a -20 mage weapon Twinkling Scimitar w/ SSI, and the other hand is kept free for pots.

Thanks for your inputs!

-OBSIDIAN-

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the inputs. This helps me get a starter suit going until I can get into the high-end items. I'm still buying power scrolls for my necro-mage and those are draining my savings.

Question: Why all the +magery items? I assume this is to offset the magery reduction from a mage weapon. If so, what type & stats on the weapon are required? I'm guessing a -20 mage weapon Twinkling Scimitar w/ SSI, and the other hand is kept free for pots.

Thanks for your inputs!

-OBSIDIAN-
Well what you would like is a spell Channeling (no penalty) mageweap-20 and preferably DCI.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Folded Steel glasses
Crystalline Ring
Inquisitor's Resolution
Armor of Fortune
Totem of the Void
Crimson Cincture
Quiver of Infinity
Ornament of the Magician

I run a very similar suit on my factions necro/mage.

Here is what i suggest if you go faction suit

Folded Steel Reading Glasses
Pendant of Magi
Heart of Lion
Ornimant of magician
Crystalline ring
Crimson Cincture
Totem of void
Quiver of Infinity

That leaves Gloves, Arms, Legs to pack on resists and 50 LRC, MR and LMC. With it you are 45 DCI. I find it a handy suit.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for your inputs!

-OBSIDIAN-
SSI isnt necessary with a mage weap on a necro as you wouldnt be using it to swing at people. Its there merely for the defensive.