• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP.. bane vs. dread

J

[JD]

There's no question each has its pros/cons... but which do you like better for PVP, and why?

you want the quickest kill... so what would mess a dismounted person up more?

I'm looking only at the pvp pro's cons... I'm excluding other non pvp factors

dread pro:
smaller graphic, less intrusive
fire breath
spellcasting
no slayer to use against them... I think

dread con:
doesn't spawn any more so if you happen to find one, its stats/skills/resists will be less than optimal

bane pro:
Plentiful - you can still get them, and you can get a higher pet calc rated one than the average warhorse
Poison breath
spellcasting

bane con:
Huge annoying graphic, hard to click around you
Peckish spam - we don't yet know how this affects the pet (negatively, if so how much)
dragon slayer book/weapon/bow VERY easy to get... can be killed in 4-5 slayer ebolts

ive got these available to me... trying to consider between them.. thanks

dread
hp 630
str 520
int 125
phy 70
fire 25 (ouch)
cold 40
poi 55
energy 45

bane
hits: 647
str: 520
int: 133
phys 69
fire 50
cold 38
poi 59
enrg 31
*had 109 or 110 tac pretame

bane has better resists... but if its a pvp pet under a pvp archer/mage, it would be "protected" from random attackers so i wonder just how much defenses matter. theoretically you would want the best offensive creature you could get for pvp, so high str, high int for lots of nukes, etc...

also, everything else on these will train to max (125 dex, 100 wrestle, etc)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In my opinion there is no contest between the dread warhorse and the bane dragon. I have basically stopped using my bane dragon. The bane dragon has higher dps than the dread warhorse, but it is extremely vulnerable to mystics carrying slayer spell books. A mystic with a dragon or reptile slayer spell book can kill a bane dragon with two or three hail storms, and there is no way you will be able to heal through it.

Requiem_baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, bane is useless in PvP. My scribe mystic will kill it in 2 hailstorms. Even if i dont kill it the first hailstorm I hit it with will take its poisonbreath damage down to like 15.