• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] PvP Archer with Bushido and Chivalry (ABC)

Salvador L'rien

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys;

Im thinking about the build ABC for pvp.Im opening any recommendations.Is this template good for pvp or not.Let me explain what i thinking about it ;

My template will be;

100 Archery - With Hunters +20 Archery makes it 120
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Healing
120 Resisting Spells
25 Chivalry - Im 1st year vet.Im thinking about to use Ring and braclet for increase it about 60.

Also I used +25 stat scroll.My char is elf.
Stats:
90 str
120 dex
45 int
witout any armor.

Is this template work for pvp ?
Some of my guildmates said that bushido is not good at pvp.Im still thinking about template.
Also what should is use as a armor.
I know i should make lmc%40, hc and dfc %45.Im also thinking about Rune beetle carp.
Can u guys help me about my template and armor ?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Not "much" use for chiv in pvp so I see nothing wrong with it being that low. Most likely going to want more str, but that will depend on your armor and your use of pots.

Bushido has enough uses in pvp, can use ls in between specials to offset the higher mana cost of chaining them. Confidence to heal, evasion, even Counter attack has some use. Can't offer much advice with the armor, as there is just to many options and opinions vary. Also it will make a small difference if you are going to be in a faction or not?

Salvador L'rien

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1895768 said:
Not "much" use for chiv in pvp so I see nothing wrong with it being that low. Most likely going to want more str, but that will depend on your armor and your use of pots.

Bushido has enough uses in pvp, can use ls in between specials to offset the higher mana cost of chaining them. Confidence to heal, evasion, even Counter attack has some use. Can't offer much advice with the armor, as there is just to many options and opinions vary. Also it will make a small difference if you are going to be in a faction or not?

Thanks for answer.
We re going to join in faction.So i ll able to use faction items when i get enogh faction point.I'll also use greater potions for sure.

So should i remove chivalry on my template ?

J

[JD]

I run a similar setup myself but its not always the most effective at killing someone or getting out of a gank. It is flexible though so I like it. And it can work in a group.

I like chiv but then again I use mine for more than PVP. At 25 its too low to be helpful. You can shave points and have 100 tac/anat and 65 chiv without needing to put +skill on your jewels. Or dump that crappy Hunters Headdress and get a spirit of the totem or Mace and Shield.

My recommendation with arties is to go with 1 or 2 ONLY. If you use more than 2 arties you limit your ability to have 180 sta and shoot bows faster.

your stats need to change. You need 125 dex. And as an elf you get +20 mana, plus all that int, plus +mana increase on your suit, so you can easily pump str to 100 or 110.

You may also want to consider going human. JOAT Hiding and Spellweaving can be invaluable. It just depends if you would rather the passive +20 mana or if you want the active toys to play with, hiding, attune weapon, gift of renewal, etc. With a focus they can be awesome. I survived a dismount gank the other day for a lot longer than I should have, simply because I'd popped a Level 2 Focus of renewal and had 50ep + bandies. Unfortunately I had forgotten my invis pots and teleport scrolls so croaked. whoopsie

C

Cloak&Dagger

agree with not using to many arties. But I dont agree with the 125 dex. You need 150 dex after pots. work on stats after suit.

V

Vaelix

120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Healing
120 Resisting Spells
25 Chivalry - Im 1st year vet.Im thinking about to use Ring and braclet for increase it about 60.
I run this with 120 Arch and no Chiv, 100 Anat / 90 Heal and 50 Base Focus.

Base Stats are..

91 Str
84 Dex
80 Int

*With suit I sit at*

100 Str
104 Dex
95 Int

(I use 50% EP Agi and +Stam to hit 150 Stam)

Using 40 SSI Bow, 5 SSI Ring, 5 SSI Cloak, and 10 SSI Insane Leggings with 150 Stam you will swing a comp bow at 1.5

1.5 Comp bow is completely lethal with fireball procs, combine this with the survivability you get with Heal/Anat/Bush and Resist, and this template can easily last long enough until it rolls that perfect combo (Which will slaughter almost anyone 99% Of the time sadly)

Chiv can be nice in PvP, especially for a 120 Tactics/Anat Archer, however I did not find it worth using the Headress for only 20 base chiv. (I use Faction Folded Steel)

N

NickyDishes

Hi guys;

Im thinking about the build ABC for pvp.Im opening any recommendations.Is this template good for pvp or not.Let me explain what i thinking about it ;

My template will be;

120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Healing
120 Resisting Spells

Also I used +25 stat scroll.My char is elf.
Stats:
90 str
120 dex
45 int
witout any armor.

Is this template work for pvp ?
Some of my guildmates said that bushido is not good at pvp.Im still thinking about template.
Also what should is use as a armor.
I know i should make lmc%40, hc and dfc %45.Im also thinking about Rune beetle carp.
Can u guys help me about my template and armor ?
i use this template but instead of bushido i use ninja for mirror images and animal forms for dismounts......plus i still get double shot with yumi and i can use darts and shurikens.....light strike and confidence arent worth having for pvp on an archer.......ninja is the better pick for pvp by far....

V

Vaelix

i use this template but instead of bushido i use ninja for mirror images and animal forms for dismounts......plus i still get double shot with yumi and i can use darts and shurikens.....light strike and confidence arent worth having for pvp on an archer.......ninja is the better pick for pvp by far....
This guy has no idea what he is talking about, Ninja form for dismount is the only thing superior about Ninja for a Non stealth char. Which is usually easily countered with a competent mage healer or a faction horse. (And *Always* train your faction horse up, especially resisting spells. Ive seen one resist 5 poisons in a row at GM)

*Also Almost positive yumi double shot is 50 Bush OR Ninja*
Bushy is 100% the better option in this case.

Lightning Strike and Confidence are easily enough incentive to take it to 120.

Lightning Strike will net 35 Damage hits at 3 Mana per at 50% Hci on 1 out of 5 Hits (20% Crit Chance)

Confidence alone is enough to survive against any Casting based pvper as it is the single best heal on the move ability from my opinion. (Hell the Nerve Strike Death Strike *ONLY* heals with Pots/Confidence)

*If for some reason you do listen to him however, 85 - 105 Ninja is enough for animal form*

Salvador L'rien

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vaelix, JD and others thanks for share your experience.

My char about to complete.
I made few changes according to your experience and suggestions.

Firstly i changed my base Stats;
Now it's ;

100 str
125 dex
30 int

then i remove chivalry on my template.
i made ;

120 Archery - using totem
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Healing
120 Resisting Spells

For my armor, i bought some faction items ;

- Runebeetle Carp
- Crimson
- Fey leggings
- Totem (is not faction item)
- also %20 dmg inc talisman (cant remember name now sorry :eek: )

you guys told that 2 arties enough for a char but seems i will use 3 on my char.
Is it get it me into trouble guys ?

Thanks for suggestions again

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys told that 2 arties enough for a char but seems i will use 3 on my char.
Only issue I see with your arty selection is not being able to reach 180 stamina. Unfortunately this is a big issue. I went from 160's stamina to 180 and saw a huge benefit...(Thank you for those who had made the suggestion in my thread). Only way to attain this goal is 4 pieces of your armor with stamina increase ergo...only two arties on the six armor pieces.

V

Vaelix

*Random Note on Swing*

For a Composite Bow with 150 Stam and 60 SSI

(16 - 5) .625) % 4 = 171875

Now ive been told this rounds both ways, but im fairly certain it rounds down to 1.5 (As all the charts/calculators agree [Except the Chart Table that shows 55 SSI = 1.5 which is incorrect, the math comes to 1.78 which would be 1.75 Swing)

You get your SSI from 40 Comp Bow, 5 SSI Ring, 5 SSI Rangers Cloak, 10 SSI Insane Leggings.

(You could use an event 50 SSI Comp, Jade Arm Band, or Diaymos Helmet, but all three are inferior to the set up above)

My archer wears about 175 Million Gold in arties (This is the hard part for most people)

Tangle
LT Sash
Perfect 5 SSI Ring
Ranger Cloak
Conj Garb
Insane Leggings
Glad Collar
Totem of the Void

Imbued 5 HCI Heartwood Arms
Imbued 10 DI Heartwood Gloves
Imbued Brace

Faction 25 DCI Glasses
Faction Rune Beetle Carapace

(Pretty sure thats all)

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could use an event 50 SSI Comp
And it doesnt exists.
Just wanted to correct some mis-info.

Event 50ssi archery weapons only spawned classic weapons (Bow, Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow). Composite Bow was later added to the game couple months after UO went live and apperently isnt "classic" enough to be put on the event spawn list during that general invasion.

Also SSI has a hardcap of 60. You can load yourself up with 150 ssi and you are just as good as someone with just 60. Divine fury does NOT take you over the cap neither.

V

Vaelix

Event 50ssi archery weapons only spawned classic weapons (Bow, Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow). Composite Bow was later added to the game couple months after UO went live and apperently isnt "classic" enough to be put on the event spawn list during that general invasion.
Yah i've never liked the event bows so havent really messed with em..

J

[JD]

as the man said, using 3 arties will prevent you from reaching 180 sta.

the comp bow will swing at 1.5 sec with 150+ sta and 60 SSI. that means you would want either M&S, or spirit of totem as your headpiece, plus a turquoise ring, the ranger aug cloak, and the tinker legs. without 60 ssi the comp bow will swing at 1.75s.

is 1.75 vs 1.5 a big difference? it can be. if you are shooting repetitively at a target you will get the benefit of more shots in the same amount of time, doing more dmg.

you also want to consider the other bows you would use. i'd add the regular "bow" for para/mortal and the yumi since you'll have bush and be on horseback. and lastly a heavy xbow for dismounts.

play with the stratics weapon speed calc for these bows, plug in your str, sta, tac, anat, ssi, di and see how the DPS of the bows changes.

UO Stratics - Weapons

i also do not like event ssi bows. i have a 45ssi xbow that sits unused.

N

NickyDishes

This guy has no idea what he is talking about, Ninja form for dismount is the only thing superior about Ninja for a Non stealth char. Which is usually easily countered with a competent mage healer or a faction horse. (And *Always* train your faction horse up, especially resisting spells. Ive seen one resist 5 poisons in a row at GM)

*Also Almost positive yumi double shot is 50 Bush OR Ninja*
Bushy is 100% the better option in this case.

Lightning Strike and Confidence are easily enough incentive to take it to 120.

Lightning Strike will net 35 Damage hits at 3 Mana per at 50% Hci on 1 out of 5 Hits (20% Crit Chance)

Confidence alone is enough to survive against any Casting based pvper as it is the single best heal on the move ability from my opinion. (Hell the Nerve Strike Death Strike *ONLY* heals with Pots/Confidence)

*If for some reason you do listen to him however, 85 - 105 Ninja is enough for animal form*
lemme explain some stuff since u wanna be mr know it all.....confidence is not reliable in my experience for pvp at all,the only thing good about it is u can cast it running, and if your hit or disprupted its a waste of mana......and the crital strike is not reliable(ive gotten 7 out of 10 crits one time and 3 out of 15 the next hence lightning strike in pvp is kinda pointless if u ask me....lets look at this: Im on my warhorse vs. 3 mages and a stealth, or d-mount archer...... i get d-mounted, my horse is poisoned, the mages are dumping, and the archer is doing a moving shot(plus a dreadhorse on me if hes a tamer which on my shard it most likely will be). With Ninja i can form away at mounted speed and mirror image to fight another day....... if i have bush, i can be on foot and take a gamble with confidence which 99% of the time will be disrupted by a magic arrow for no hp regen and die and enjoy stat and defeat...plus with ninja you can use shurikens to poison their mounts and i can have a chance at smoke bombing in certain situations...but i dont have any idea what im talking about...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lemme explain some stuff since u wanna be mr know it all.....confidence is not reliable in my experience for pvp at all,the only thing good about it is u can cast it running, and if your hit or disprupted its a waste of mana......and the crital strike is not reliable(ive gotten 7 out of 10 crits one time and 3 out of 15 the next hence lightning strike in pvp is kinda pointless if u ask me....lets look at this: Im on my warhorse vs. 3 mages and a stealth, or d-mount archer...... i get d-mounted, my horse is poisoned, the mages are dumping, and the archer is doing a moving shot(plus a dreadhorse on me if hes a tamer which on my shard it most likely will be). With Ninja i can form away at mounted speed and mirror image to fight another day....... if i have bush, i can be on foot and take a gamble with confidence which 99% of the time will be disrupted by a magic arrow for no hp regen and die and enjoy stat and defeat...plus with ninja you can use shurikens to poison their mounts and i can have a chance at smoke bombing in certain situations...but i dont have any idea what im talking about...
I agree with Nicky.. I'd rather have ninja over bush any day. I do the 80 ninja on a fencer/archer. It does 4 thigns. Gets me to 300 skill point cap for lowered special costs, animal form, image, shuriken.

The only thing I like about 120 bush on an archer is with a double hit spell magic short and lightning strike.

V

Vaelix

Your pretty much basing everything off of dismount, which is the 1 place where ninja outshines bush. (As I already said)

Yes Confi can be disrupted, so heres an idea, Use it when your not taking damage maybe? Aka as an emergency on the run heal, only an idiot would confi spam while being constantly disrupted by damage.

If you need to rely on dismount like half the newbs that play UO and base your Templates/PvP around dismount completely thats fine, Ninja is the way to go.

Let me put it this way, For Specifically a .. Resist/Healing/1.5 Comp Bow archer, Bush compliments the template the best, as due to Healing/Confi/Resist, you can easily survive pretty much anything until you land a perfect combo, which due to archery being what it is, can RNG Screw and kill even the best of players. (This might not be the case if your a disarm relying newb archer, but that wasnt the original question)

**However** (And I've already said this before)
If.. you want (Need) to rely on dismount tactics or cannot survive a dismount otherwise, Ninja is your bet.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came from a shard where the 2 largest guilds are heavy on stealth/dismounters then zerging it up tactics. Also as aforementioned I am being outnumbered 99% of the time. Ninja is the only option.

I guess depends on what shard you play. Lame **** shards where there are a lot of newb dismounters with myst mage ganking squad running around, forming is invaluable. Also it ease up on skill point requirement. Bushido sucks when you dont have it at least over GM, whereas ninja allow you to form even with just 80 skill points.