[Archery] PvP archer help

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEA4Ever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Let me start off by stating that I am a newly returning player. I have had a little success with pvm and I am really trying to get into pvp again after several years of not playing. After reading several threads I think it is just confusing me more on what templates are viable anymore for pvp. I am looking to make a pvp archer that I can pick and choose fights with. I love the idea of a stealth archer but am having a hell of a time deciphering which setups are viable or not. So I guess my main questions are these :

1. Is ninja required to be effective as a stealth archer for pvp? I will most likely join a faction

2. What is the best and most effective way to heal for pvp on a dexer at this point? Healing seems outdated?

3. For archery what are my main focus stats on armor. From what I can gather max hit cap is necessary and mr/lmc? I'm very fuzzy on what are the end all stats for this.

4. for medable and non medable what are the ABSOLUTE stealth requirements to be effective

I really appreciate any info you guys can shed light on. UO is a great community and I cant wait to get back into the pvp scene.

I forgot to mention what skills i currently have. Here they are!

anatomy 100
archery 100 (120 with headress)
tactics 100
stealth 100
hiding 100
resist 50
healing 50

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Don't know why you'd bother with 50 resist. May as well be GM healing.
Resist is usually an all or nothing deal.

This will be a Pot heavy template, since you'll need refresh pots to keep your fire rate up.

The other issue is hiding and stealth without ninjitsu means that you have 100 points dedicated to something you can only use on foot. I'd either get rid of the stealth or find some way to stick ninjitsu on there, at least enough to reliably llama.

DEA4Ever

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Don't know why you'd bother with 50 resist. May as well be GM healing.
Resist is usually an all or nothing deal.

This will be a Pot heavy template, since you'll need refresh pots to keep your fire rate up.

The other issue is hiding and stealth without ninjitsu means that you have 100 points dedicated to something you can only use on foot. I'd either get rid of the stealth or find some way to stick ninjitsu on there, at least enough to reliably llama.
That is just what i started with. i will be going gm resist and healing