• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) PvP and fun?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right, folks, it was pvp and it was fun! Your quivering reporter stepped thru the red gate and followed the man hollering "Drink up!!" to the Yew winery, where I was met with far too much alcohol! Did you know that you can drink and drink and drink and you'll never get full? You will, however, not be able to stand facing the direction you wish to face!

You'll notice that the barkeep is sitting.... we simply wore him out and he gave up. You will also notice that most of the pitchers are empty which will explain the next part of my story. I became incredibly lost! We left the winery with nothing but a cloak and smile on and the plan was to run to Brit. Somehow I lost the crowd.... somewhere.... in the fog

Eventually we all met again atop the entrance to Wrong dungeon where the duels were to take place. Some of the rounds were over in a flash, such as me and Uriah up against Steel Nuts and Kurik, but others lasted quite some time and it was fun to watch the tactics of each team. Well, it was fun for this Trammel girl, anyway!

The rounds (winners in red):

Icewind and Cotton Weary vs Fingerlonger and Cyanide

Icewind and Cotton Weary vs Jeremy and Saint

Steel Nuts and Kurik vs Uriah Heep and Ynise Amandil

Cyanide and Fingerlonger vs Jeremy and Saint

Uriah Heep and Ynise Amandil vs Icewind and Cotton Weary (bonus round for 5m prize)

Final rounds for the 70 million gp prize, best two of three

Cyanide and Fingerlonger vs Steel Nuts and Kurik

Winners were Cyanide and Fingerlonger and the Grand Prize was accepted purely on the grounds that it will be used for future tournaments of this type.

Thanks Omnius! This was a well planned and executed event, and I look forward to more romping in Felucca! (did I really say that??)

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a very fun night! Hope to do it again sometime. Even though magery isnt my strong point for pvp, I still enjoyed myself quite alot. :) I have to say, I think my favorite part was the drinking! :beer: I must have drank at least 20 pitchers of wine ;) Maybe thats why I didnt do so well :stretcher: .. I was still drunk! :gee:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the write up Devilsown. The event was a blast. As I mentioned, Cyanide and I won so the money is being held for future events. We hope to get a bigger turn out at future events though and the idea of a trammel bracket for a future pvp tournament sounds like a lot of fun.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I'd love to see a trammel players bracket for a full tournament.