• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] PvP Advice needed!

E

elonk

I'm trying to take my first baby steps into PvP and I would like the advice of some PvP pros.

I am looking at trying a fencing/stealth/ninja elf and would like what ever advice could help. Looking for input into what is good to have on armor as far as mods as well as maybe a good weapon, noticed war fork does pretty good damage and what might be my final stat breakdown (255).

I appreciate and help that will be offered.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the warfork , leaf blade combo. as for a suit i would use a high mr ,dci, hci with 40 lmc and high resist and EP of 40 or more. PvP is something you cant get discouraged in you will die and die alot just hang in their and dont get frusterated you will find a way to eventually become successful at it.

N

NoBuddy

Get a lance or pitchfork too...you're gonna be on foot alot with that toon, your prey might as well be also.

E

elonk

I appreciate the input and have already noticed the "gonna die alot" factor. But then I am kinda going into it knowing and expecting it. And i thank you for responding.

Z

Zero Day

For a melee stealther.
There are 2 necessary specials. Dismount and Disarm.
After investing 200-300 points in non-damage or healing skills you're pretty much a quick unload and kill or run-away type of fighter.

Usually its a sequences like this, Dismount, disarm, death strike , armor ignore, armor ignore armor ignore.

For fastest switching (2d client) I try to get all my needs on 2 weapons so I can insta switch between them.

For my swords stealther I use cavalry's folly (bladed staff) and a skinning knife.
This gives me Dismount/AI and Disarm/Shadow Strike.

With shadow strike its like an emergency escape when I'm in a bad situation. (you can also shadow strike your mirrors).
Shadow strike is also great for drobing.

For your AI/Dismount Weapon fireball will give you an extra interrupt which is good vs casters.

If you go with a shadow strike weapon only hit lightning or hit harm, as the fire spells hit with a delay that would reveal you and put you right back in combat and defeat the purpose.

Max HCI/Max Swing speed.

If you find you have trouble from missing your initial swing with a dismount, experiment with surprise attack as your initiator instead of dismount. And be sure you're using a very fast weapon.

E

elonk

Zero,

I really appreciate those tips, they are very insightful and the kind of guidance i was hoping to help get me started thank you