• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvM Warrior build ?

Brendig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I started to play after 7 years. I was playing in unofficial servers and now I feel lost ...
I did a wrong build (i think) with : Fencing, Healing, Anatomy, Tactics, Resisting, Poison, and some of Chivalry for teleports.
I see in forums that the people use something called Sampire ... but i feel unconffortable without healing, or necromancy without SS.
Some other builds ? I should forgot the Healing ?

Help me please ! And sorry for my bad English :)

(The people think, WTF thought this man to choose poison for PvM. It was because before a lethal kill dragons alone)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

Brendig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks DJAd. I don't like to have 100 of one skill only for 1 ability. But i think that i will do.
Now I don't know what to do, apart of Necro, Weaponskill, Tactics, Bushido:

· Build 1: Healing, Anatomy, Parrying.
· Build 2: Chivalry, Parrying, Spirit Speak. (Necro and Chivalry use oposite karma, maybe it's not a good idea)
· Build 3: Parrying, Spirit Speak, "something more"
· Build 4: Healing, Anatomy, Chivalry.

I don't think that Anatomy without Healing is optimum ...
And my other question is, what is the best Weaponskill ? I think that swordsmanship have more type of weapons. And fencing some abilities needs hiding or ninjitsu, no a good choice if i don't have these skills.

Thanks for your help. I don't want to change all my build until i have all clear ...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I run

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
110 anatomy / resist spells (I use a soulstone to change these around depending on what I'm fighting).
100 necro
85 chivalry
60 parry

With all armour and kit: 135 hit points, 72 mana and 190 stamina

Try to get 100 DI and then 45 HCI and 45 DCI

As for weapon skill swords or fencing are the popular choices.

Brendig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The resisting spells is usefull in PvM ?

Use Necromancy with high spirit speak and chivalry. Could it be nice instead of Anatomy (55% damage) ? Could be the Karma a problem ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Karma's not really a problem with necro/chiv since they made the Chiv items more skill dependent than karma dependent, and you can lock karma to not rise. Chivalry needs to be in the 80-90 skill point range to be roughly equivalent to what it was when it was purely karma based on effects.

A good starting necro-warrior template is a whammy (going wraith form until you get high enough in necro for Vampiric Embrace)

Bushido
Necro
Spirit Speak
Weapon (archery or a 2-handed melee weapon with whirlwind. Or, go one handed with no shield, and use the free hand to chug potions)
Tactics
Chivalry or Healing (both if you have the right equipment to get 800+ total skill points)
Anatomy

Once you get Necro high enough for Vampiric embrace, you can replace SS with Parry (or max out healing and chiv if an archer), and go over fully to Sampire.

Last edited:

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chose swords for my sampire for 2 reasons. 1) Whirlwind 2) Higher damage weapons

My template is:
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro for vamp form to leech life
120 Swords for whirlwind attack (you hit everything in melee range and the more you hit, the more you leech)
Radiant Scimitar (1h) and Double Axe (2h)
*The only fencing weapon with whirlwind is the Kama
110 Bushido for increased whirlwind damage
110 Parry
80 Chivalry

... I actually made another sampire on my 2nd account who has 120 fencing. I find he is not nearly as effective as my sampire with swords.

Last edited: