• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVM Templates?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What are some good pvm templates currently im going for:
100 archery
100 anatomy
100 tactics
100 resist
100 bushido
100 chiv
100 healing
STR 76 dex 118 int 36 unmoded after jewels and other items
str 84dex 119 int 44 and hci of 21 from jewels and 15 from shaminos bow for 36 hci plus 7 dci and mana 59 mana regen of 5 AND 55 average in all resists and my di is 60

with 20 left for 120 archery? is this good idea
and do I really need 100 resist in pvm?
or could i drop bushido and chive down to say 75 each and spread those points into tactics and anat?
im running this current configuration for max skill gain am i doing this right?
any ideas would be great
Snowdog LS Shard
Ps i will be getting a plus 25 stat scroll soon i hope and currently have 230 stat cap and 720 skill cap

C

Connor_Graham

This is my template, and I can solo any paragon in the game, along with all of the Doom bosses with the exception of the Flesh Renderers, although I'm working on a way to handle them too.

120 Archery
120 Bushido
110 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resist
75 Chiv

Do not drop Bushido down. You lose effectivity below GM level, both in damage increase and luck from Perfection. 120 Bushido offers the highest crit chance at 20%, while at GM it's 13%.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is mine, i can do just about anything also.

115 Tactics
115 Archery
110 Bushido
110 Magic Resist

100 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chiv

i have 720 skill points

V

vorius

<blockquote><hr>

115 Tactics
115 Archery
110 Bushido
110 Magic Resist

100 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chiv

i have 720 skill points

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I need a good template to base my archer on.

Is magic resist really that important? Is there a skill you can sub for that which would be more useful?

Did you ever considering switching so it's 90 Anatomy and 100 Healing so you dont have any chance to slip bandage? I'm not sure the GM anat offers as big bang for the buck?

These are just things I am thinking about, I in no way an expert!

C

Connor_Graham

If you plan on using this character for Doom &amp; Peerless, then I would not recommend NOT having Resist. With the high damage amounts archers hit for, Blood Oath without resist is intant death.

GM Anatomy offers a higher damage increase than 90 does, and is not part of the 300% DI cap, so it's better to drop Healing than it is Anatomy for just that reason. Healing only affects Healing. Anatomy affects both Healing and damage.

I

imported_JediSith

My template is

120 Archery (real 100 +20 hunters headdress)
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
115 Resist (real 100 +15 resilient bracer)
100 Anatomy
90 Healing (enhanced bandages +10 healing)
75 Chivalry

705 cap

V

vorius

Very cool. thanks

Hey what are your stats on your archers?

And what items are you using? What is your bow?

And finally (for AP credit) what is the strategy of the Doom archer? Keep CW and EoO up at all times? Or is it CW and DivineFury since I think EoO does not stack with some DI mod- maybe from slayer weap was it? I dont know

I

imported_GFY

Never forget to honor your opponent and use lightning strike as much as possible. Perfection bonuses are just too good to pass up.

C

Connor_Graham

"Very cool. thanks"

Anytime, that's what we're here for.

Base Stats:

95 Str
125 Dex
30 Int

"And what items are you using? What is your bow?"

Artifacts I currently use (going to be making a change soon):

Primer on Arms Talisman
Ring of the Vile (will be changing to looted ring once I get another Jackals Collar)
Rune Beetle Carapace
Mace &amp; Shield Glasses
Stormgrip

Normal bows I use are different versions of Heavy Crossbows. Peerless bow is a heavy with high DI, SSI, ML &amp; HLD. Bows for Doom are 2 Heavy's, an Undead Slayer with 70% Fire/30% Cold so it can be used also for Flesh Renderers without the need for Consecrate Weapon (although going to be giving my Peerless bow a try here to see how that fares since the Undead Slayer has no mana leech), and a Demon Slayer heavy crossbow with Mana Leech. Both Doom bows have high SSI. For normal PvM it all depends on what I'm fighting, but all bows have Mana Leech &amp; SSI in common.

"And finally (for AP credit) what is the strategy of the Doom archer? Keep CW and EoO up at all times? Or is it CW and DivineFury since I think EoO does not stack with some DI mod- maybe from slayer weap was it? I dont know"

EoO in all rooms. Consecrate weapon only in Darknight Creepers, Flesh Renderers (only if you don't have a bow that does not have 100% Fire/Cold), Impalers &amp; Shadow Knights. Abyssmal Horrors are weakest to Physical damage, so no need for any use of CW unless you don't have a 100% Physical Demon Slayer bow, and the Dark Father has equal resists across the board, so no need for CW on him either. Always use Divine Fury unless you're using a repeater or magical shortbow that already has SSI on it and has you at the swing speed cap.

EoO does affect the 300% DI cap and stacks with Slayer weapons, but it all depends on how much DI your suit has to begin with. Another thing to remember is that Lightning Strike is also affected by the DI cap, so Honor and the levels of Perfection, along with LS criticals are capped. I've found with my heavy crossbows that I reach that cap within the first couple levels of Perfection and that by not using LS except at the last 1% of a creatures health, I can do more DOT by conserving my mana for the other spells.

A

Arcvenger

Question: What is the best way to raise anatomy? I don't seem to get decent gains no matter what I try.

Thanks

L

lham52

I use a slightly differrent approach. I'd love to have bushido on my template but have found that I will do more damage per second with higher dex and SSI. I use Daimyo's Helm and with the right armor and arties (Jackles) get my stam up to 158. The cap for bandage speed is 150 but since I'm constantly fighting at somewhere below max stam having that little extra keeps me at 4 second bandies most of the time. With the bows I have been able to enhance combined with Daimyo I do Doom with SSI at 45 or 50 and my delay at the max 1.25 or with my elemental slayer for the DF at a slower 1.5. But to stay at those speeds you have to keep your stam above 120 and to do that against the DF I need Devine Fury which means I need focus thus, regretably, no bushido.

I have tried various combinations of Mana Regen armor but can't get it up to more than 5 and still get even close to the all 70s resists my current rig delivers. I did a couple of sessions in the Gauntlet with the 5 MR suit and just didn't have the mana to keep devine fury going enough.

I'd love to have bushido on top of what I'm carrying but what I'm carrying does better than bushido if I had to trade.

BTW Connor, if you get to 4 second heals with all 70s armor you can go toe to toe with a Fleshrenderer. As an archer I prefer to stand off and get looting rights on multiple critters, but if one dismounts me I don't need to run but slug it out until I kill it.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm at 4 second heals with all 70's. The problem is the Render's hit too hard too fast and drop the stamina down until I'm out of mana bringing it back up. I could chug pots, but then I'd be carrying a mess of pots around with me, and would go through them too fast to make it worthwhile. I'll have to look around for a good SL/ML/SSI/DI bow that I can try. That might work.

Wolfman1604

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It surely depends on what you plan to fight, which PvM template is "best"....and it surely depends most on your playstyle:
If you look at the peerless bosses there are different templates best for getting the keys and maybe even others for fighting the peerless.
Travesty: Nothing better than a good Vampire Samurai Tank to get the keys, and then to kill Travesty....well tamers are always good there

Dreadhorn: My Beastmaster is best for getting the keys (Tamer-Swordsman...easily get all the keys alone)....for Dreadhorn, my Tank can solo it.
Shimmering Efusion: Peace-Swordsman to get the keys is easiest I think. To fight shimmering, tamers are best again.
Meli: easy as it is....whatever you take, that can cause damage from afar: Mage, Tamer, Archer...whatever.
Paroxymus: Archer.

This is just my list, of what I think is easiest. You realize I am heavy on Swordsmen (3 of my chars are at 110 Swords or higher), but thats my style

As said before....whatever suits your playstyle...just do not take tamers with pets to Paroxymus

You all have fun playing!

Wolf

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the part about having the 90 healing is with enhanced bangages you get +10 pts.
so it will give you the same bonus as gm with no skill pts used.

and yes i am very fond of having resist. i cant really think of any other skills i would sub for it.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

115 Tactics
115 Archery
110 Bushido
110 Magic Resist

100 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chiv

i have 720 skill points

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I need a good template to base my archer on.

Is magic resist really that important? Is there a skill you can sub for that which would be more useful?

Did you ever considering switching so it's 90 Anatomy and 100 Healing so you dont have any chance to slip bandage? I'm not sure the GM anat offers as big bang for the buck?

These are just things I am thinking about, I in no way an expert!

[/ QUOTE ]

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my suit is.

heart of lion
legs of embers
hunters headdress
gloves of the pugilist
then i have some runic made arms and gorget. gives mana regen and mana increase.

and the quiver of infinity.

my ring and bracelet add up to 42% DI and 20% DCI
also my gloves have 15% DI

the heart of lion has 15% DCI
the hunters headdress has 15% HCI
the quiver has 10 di and i heard its not part of the 300% DI cap and also is armor ignore. meaning it adds 10% dmg to the calculated dmg. witch makes it pretty important.

it also has 20% lower ammo cost and 5 DCI.

my stats are
100 str
133 dex
42 int

i use a heavy xbow as my primary with
38 HML
42 HSL
35 SSI
46 DI

this puts me at
100 DI
40 DCI
35 SSI
15 HCI

some say an archer doesnt need DCI but i can notice a difference.

when i went to doom i brought a night reaper and a heavy elemental xbow and also my main heavy.
it seemd the night reaper just ate through my bolts and it didnt matter how much dmg i did i always got looting rights..
i ended up just using my primary (one listed above)

i would cast eo1 on everything i hit and DF/Con Wep as much as i could, when i remembered or wasnt running from stuff.

<blockquote><hr>

Very cool. thanks

And what items are you using? What is your bow?

And finally (for AP credit) what is the strategy of the Doom archer? Keep CW and EoO up at all times? Or is it CW and DivineFury since I think EoO does not stack with some DI mod- maybe from slayer weap was it? I dont know

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Connor_Graham

"the part about having the 90 healing is with enhanced bangages you get +10 pts.
so it will give you the same bonus as gm with no skill pts used"

This isn't entirely accurate. The Enhanced bandages allow you heal the same amount of HP's as you would at GM level, but they do not increase your chances at curing level 6 poison or in resurrecting.