• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] PvM Templates

• Thread starter Bort of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bort of Atlantic

I've heard some of the top PvM templates center around mysticism. Sampire is still good, and I've got a discord tamer that is pretty effective, but I'm not sure what makes mysticism good (is it mainly RC?). I'm interested in both dexer and caster templates, so please feel free to list either.

Aside from templates, does it matter if you use imbuing or focus? I'd assume focus would be the way to go for extra regen unless you can't fit imbuing on your crafter for example.

Thanks in advance.

S

Shantia

this is a template i'm currently working on:
120/105 discord
100/80 Magery
120/100 Focus *Swap out for inscription when crafting spellbooks*
120/110 Mysticism
110/100 Meditation
120/105 Musicianship
120/120 Spellweave *swap for necromancy when crafting necromancer spellbooks

It uses the crystalline ring, fallen mystic book, imbued discord/music braclet, and spell woven breeches. Also allows you to make spellbooks for each casting type (magery, necro, mysticism) to try and get slayer properties etc if you go with my suggestion for swapping.

Mysticism is good in a lot of ways, cleansing wind is a heal cure and remove curse all in one. Heals as well as greater heal. Not sure how well the cure property is, arch cure might still be better and getting deadly off. Oh and it's an AOE heal. Hail storm is a powerful cold dmg spell, which is aoe also. Cyclone is another aoe power spell (random dmg). RC is a tank..how good of a tank i'm unsure but people on the forums seem to luv it. Uhm, lets see. Animate weapon is a good dmg helper dealer for dex specs with anatomy, netherbolt is a low mana cost chaos dmg spell. It doesnt do GREAT dmg, but its quick and nifty for dealing with minor creatures. Bombard is a physical dmg spell that can stun/knockback players, so good for pvp. Oh and healing stone (luv it) is a heal pot basically that holds up to around 250 HP storage, so if your down by 90 HP's i think it will give you back 90 HP. Good for those OHCRAP moments.

And spellweave serves to augment most of those with arcane empowerment.

L

L1Z4RD

I just posted this on another thread, but figured its pretty on topic. This is what I roll with on my pvm caster.

120 music
120 disco (swap for peacing for spawns)
120 myst
100 focus (+20 from cryst ring)
80 necro (+25 from bracers and tali)
110 SS (+10 from tali)
50 magery (+35 from tome and cryst ring)

and that is on a 700 cap, so you could dump an extra 20 points into magery.

I run as much sdi as I can pack onto the suit while keeping decent resists and lrc, lmc etc.
items are:

Tome of lost knowledge
kasa
runic mempo with high resists and 20 lrc
battlemage tunic
bracers
stitchers mittens
kelp leggings

Bloodwood spirit tali
orny
cryst ring
quiver of infinity