• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVM Build for Dread Horse

The Turk

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey there,

I do have 2x dread warhorse, what is the best PVM build for them, what are my options ? Sadly, I dont know anything about the new game mechanics of pet training.what should i do with the stats,skills,resists and specials

Thanks

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey there,

I do have 2x dread warhorse, what is the best PVM build for them, what are my options ? Sadly, I dont know anything about the new game mechanics of pet training.what should i do with the stats,skills,resists and specials

Thanks
You will want to learn more about the pet training system and mechanics before you train the dreadmares.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will want to learn more about the pet training system and mechanics before you train the dreadmares.
This. Read all the stickies. Go back five pages and read the posts on this forum.
Then take your giant beetle and train it. You will screw it up. Come back here and ask questions.
Even after that, I'd train a few more disposable pets and use them in PVM before touching collectibles.

Gardo

Journeyman
Don’t start your journey with pre-patch or collectible pets. Too many things can (and will) go wrong when you don’t understand the new system. Tame a beetle, lesser and cu first thing. Train them up and get a feel for every single step. Make multiple copies of your dreads on TC. Ask the knowledgeable peeps for advice and opinions about what you’re doing with the dread copies on TC. Some of these peeps will even meet up with you and give some “hands on” help. This is a great community. Definitely take advantage of it.

what a bunch of crazy answers. ooh put weeks of testing in to come up with what we know but wont say. google the question and try uo-caqh.com for pet building and info

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what a bunch of crazy answers. ooh put weeks of testing in to come up with what we know but wont say. google the question and try uo-caqh.com for pet building and info
Nobody wants to ruin somebody's rare pet. If he PMed Don, Don would take him to TC and help build it.

Ill help you put points on your rare pets, just call Allen.

Gardo

Journeyman
Crazy answers. Lol. Necro a year old thread to troll some of the community’s most respected members. One of them being a mastermind of the very site you mention. :lame:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You want an easy and quick answer to a question that is not really answerable, the way it was posted. About a pet that is possibly one of the most rare legacy pets, worth 150-200 M, and maybe more depending on intensity.
The answer is : There is no easy/quick answer.
You have to know what mobs the pet will be used for, and the tamer template, plus much more.
TC1 is always your friend esp. with these rares. The other people answering your questions were very appropriate, and every effort has been made to avoid misleading you, and ruining your pet. Be appreciative of this at least.

Crazy answers. Lol. Necro a year old thread to troll some of the community’s most respected members. One of them being a mastermind of the very site you mention. :lame:
simply thinking, yes its a year old thread, thinking out of the box, there are a lot of returning players whom haven't played in years looking for answers.

Naw.

Allen make Kabuki good pet. Meet at Stable.:troll:
I didn't post for me, This doesn't help any of the returning players whom are looking for insight. Player asked a question, it shouldn't be so hard to post info on what might not be common knowledge for returning players who have been MIA for years. This is a year old thread and look at all the responses already. Not everyone lives here LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been a Beacon fest tonight. I keep passing your empty ship.

And if someone asks a specific question we race to see who can answer.

I stand by my original answer. PM @Donavon for Dreads and Banes.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
simply thinking, yes its a year old thread, thinking out of the box, there are a lot of returning players whom haven't played in years looking for answers.
They shouldn't be looking for those answers in old threads. People who train their animals upon returning often mess them up and one of the reasons I originally made the nightmare guide and went further with the creation of our guild website. Taming has a lot of nuances and just throwing oneself in there with irreplaceable pets such as a dread is a recipe for disaster. The way dreads are built means many specs need compromises, a returning tamer doesn't understand what those compromises mean in the terms of his pets if he hasn't trained anything or read anything before. Nor does a returning player understand the implications of say the different magics if they have never trained. Lastly pming someone asking them how to build your pet if you don't know where to begin is a bad idea. The end animal may not fit your playstyle.

So I stand by my answer, you want to know more about the pet training system before you train your dreadmare. Luckily there is a website you can go to for finding out information and create different builds for your pet.

And if someone asks a specific question we race to see who can answer.
I don't think people should race to answer a question, i see people do everything but answer a question when they reply. I think the important thing is, if someone is going to bother to reply, to answer the asked question correctly.

Gardo

Journeyman
And your suggestion for returning players is....

....... google the question and try uo-caqh.com....
(Wrong website information that a returning player probably wouldn’t know)

While claiming thoughtful posts from our great tamer community are....

what a bunch of crazy answers.....

If players are returning, hopefully they have the sense to check stratics before committing to anything. I know I’m happy I made that decision.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to return to UO as a tamer.

The only thing I learned from this thread: don't bother.

Gardo

Journeyman
I want to return to UO as a tamer.

The only thing I learned from this thread: don't bother.
Don’t bother? Why? If you want to, than do so.

The only thing this necro’d thread should show you is there are passionate members in the community that have and will share information, if asked to do so. Just don’t call us crazy and the information will flow. And if there isn’t a fresh thread containing answers to your questions, create a new one and help us disseminate current build information and up to date answers.