• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVM Archer suit build help?? what artifacts to use?

darkfact

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my GF plays a archer 120ed skill and is currently using a scouts suit for all 70s resist, I am wondering what artifacts are needed for this character?and do I need to imbue her a suit?and if so what all needs to be on it....so sorry I suck at crafting and not to sure what way to go

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shoot for artis that give mods or free up skill points. For the suit, id start out with some heavy mod legendaries, then imbue up whatever you are short in on the pieces you want to craft.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm really a total amateur at suit building (I have different tastes in what I like on a suit), but some thoughts.

While you'll want to keep 120 Archery 100% real skill for special things, some of the items that can be mixed with loot or crafted items to boost your other skills include:

There's the minor Treasures of Tokuno arms that give +12 Tactics (but you might want to use that slot for something else)
Depending on what your template is, you might be able to find an appropriate Mark of the Travesty.
There are several Talismans with +10 in skill (and a luck one to switch to before a kill of a large foe), and if you are using a Whammy Archer template (necro archer in wraith form), there's a minor artifact talisman that gives a total of +15 (+5 in one, +10 in the other) toward necro and Spirit speak.
If you have healing, stitcher's mittens are still good.
if you don't mind only having 4 properties on a jewelry piece, you can imbue 3 skills to +15 on a ring or bracelet. (leaves only 80% for the 4th property). YOu might not want to go that route on more than one of the two.

non-skill items
It's possible to get to all-70s resists from just three items now, it's just that the items are probably going to be brittle (can't be powdered, but they repair and enhance just fine - just use a forged metal tool for the enhancement).
Everyone really needs a Lt Sash or its Blackthorn doublet equivalent.
depending on non-skill stats you want, there are several useful robes. Cloaks not so much, but every little bit helps.
Minax Sandals are good.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm really a total amateur at suit building (I have different tastes in what I like on a suit), but some thoughts.

While you'll want to keep 120 Archery 100% real skill for special things, some of the items that can be mixed with loot or crafted items to boost your other skills include:

There's the minor Treasures of Tokuno arms that give +12 Tactics (but you might want to use that slot for something else)
Depending on what your template is, you might be able to find an appropriate Mark of the Travesty.
There are several Talismans with +10 in skill (and a luck one to switch to before a kill of a large foe), and if you are using a Whammy Archer template (necro archer in wraith form), there's a minor artifact talisman that gives a total of +15 (+5 in one, +10 in the other) toward necro and Spirit speak.
If you have healing, stitcher's mittens are still good.
if you don't mind only having 4 properties on a jewelry piece, you can imbue 3 skills to +15 on a ring or bracelet. (leaves only 80% for the 4th property). YOu might not want to go that route on more than one of the two.

non-skill items
It's possible to get to all-70s resists from just three items now, it's just that the items are probably going to be brittle (can't be powdered, but they repair and enhance just fine - just use a forged metal tool for the enhancement).
Everyone really needs a Lt Sash or its Blackthorn doublet equivalent.
depending on non-skill stats you want, there are several useful robes. Cloaks not so much, but every little bit helps.
Minax Sandals are good.
Cloak - despicable quiver or rangers cloak if you need the ssi

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk