• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Purge magic bug

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would assume since its a 24 hour buff, and a -death immune- buff, that it is suppose to be immune to purge. If you don't lose it when you die, why would a simple spell remove it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't lose it on death? what is this ridiculous buff?

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh I have no idea. Just know what I read and am told. I play all reds so I could be wrong lol.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't lose it when you die. You have to go to the stone every 24 hours to get it renewed. You can't get it refreshed while you still have it, so if you got it at 10:00 PM Sunday night and went out to hunt at 9:30 PM the next night you would lose the buff at 10:00 during the hunt...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
City trade deal buff is immune to purge magic.
SO OMG I am so overpowered because I have the city trade deal buff. Are you for real or what. Why is this even a problem that you think deserves DEV time?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO OMG I am so overpowered because I have the city trade deal buff. Are you for real or what. Why is this even a problem that you think deserves DEV time?
Ah, yet another condescending reply from Lord Frodo. If anyone speaks for the devs and what they feel the people of UO do/do not deserve, it's this dude.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really see the issue with purge not working on the trade deal buffs. They have their own set of negatives to go with them, and it's kind of like asking to remove mods from people's armor to allow it to be purged.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Purge magic purges all buffs, including those from potions.
The only one exception is animal form, which for a while you could purge, until the devs decided that being able to purge someone out of form for 0.01 seconds before they go back into animal form was overpowered...

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a bonus granted by guilds because of trade deals within cities, of which you must be loyal to, to obtain the bonus. Its not a "magical" buff.

Yes that is correct, purge magic does remove Alchemy bonus's. Perhaps thats not working as intended as Potions are Science and not Magic. Maybe this needs to be looked at so purge magic doesn't remove them further as logic would suggest it shouldn't. Not being "magic" and all.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem with the town bonus has been stated by and (from what I've seen) agreed on by most everyone.

Reds need access to them. Please add town stones to Fel. (and remove royal forged pardons!)

Considering people build their templates and suits around these buffs, having some purge or ward removal work against it would be a very bad idea.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doese Purge Magic remove the Virtue Shrine buffs? Those buffs are sidouslyy over powered and can be stacked.:drama:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem with the town bonus has been stated by and (from what I've seen) agreed on by most everyone.

Reds need access to them. Please add town stones to Fel. (and remove royal forged pardons!)

Considering people build their templates and suits around these buffs, having some purge or ward removal work against it would be a very bad idea.
This is the one and only correct answer, if town buffs were purgeable no-one would ever use them anymore, so let everyone use them instead @Kyronix

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing we would accomplish by having trade deal buffs removed via purge or ward removal is make them even more worthless in PvP. Its already bad enough reds cant use them. Lets not go cutting off our noses so-to-speak. I would much prefer to argue the need of a anti-virtue system of some sort, that has its own buffs that red players can use.