• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Pure Paladin returning vet

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys finally getting my melee back into line and looking for help. Been lurking in treads learning a lot, and is the full paladin viable or do I need to splash bushido?

Current skill set:
110 mace fighting
102.7 tactics
96.4 parry
105 anatomy
100 healing
70 chivalry

I was thinking of going all 120 in these skills but I've read that anatomy more then gm is worthless. Any help is very welcome on what I should look for in suits ect. The chores of relearning the game for returning vets lol. Thank you all in advance.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can read here about my paladin:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/paladin-4-6.302270/

The main advantage of having Bushido is Honor. It's allow you to do max damage even when you haven't a slayer weapon for a mob. But if you're not going to do peerless bosses solo than you usually have a super slayer weapon and can do well without Bushido.
Bushido has other benefits: Evasion, Whirlwind, Confidence. But your chance to block with a shield will be lowered.

Anatomy increase your damage. The difference between 100 and 120 anatomy is 10% Damage Increase that usually means you do 2.5% more damage.

There is no a general advices like "this is better than that". It's depends on you race/budget/style/aims.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another positive effect of bushido is it adds to the 300points special move mana reduce cap.

With your template, assuming you have 120 mace and parry you substract 5 points from manacost. If you had at least 60 bushido there the bonus would be 10. you could throw in another skill but as a macer there is no useful one (if youd use axes you could take lumberjacking for the mana reduce bonus instead)

Last edited:

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm starting to remember bits and pieces on this. I have a pretty open budget as a vet and know to make my toon elf ASAP, what should I be lookin for armor mods wise?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor mods you should consider stamina inc, mana inc, lower mana cost, and hp incr. to the max. Then i recommend reaching hci and dci cap. There are plenty of options including some nice artifacts. Especially mace and shield reading glasses are useful because of hit lower defense on em

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Select between metal and wood.
Wood is much more expensive but you can get 6 mods per item.

2. Decide what weapons you are going to use
Calculate how much SSI and Stamina you need and decide how you get this value

3. Decide how much FC/FCR you want to have

4. Decide what artifacts you will use on misc slots. Decide how much resists do you want (you can increase/decrease the cap with refinement). Do you need Damage Eater. And so on.

p.s. A standard item has 5 HCI/DCI reforged 8 MI + 8 SI + 8 LMC + 5 HPI/15 resists

Last edited:

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've been looking Into that. I've got a sign of chaos for shield and mace and shield reading glasses to start, now filling in armor blanks from here out

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was working on a woodland set, need to finish it, where I was getting 10 HCI pieces.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok aside from the stats....

Is it just me or dont you think that there is sth wrong with an elf, crying out to be a pure paladin and running around with a wooden armor? :)

My view of a pure paladin is bit different.. He or she is more a glorious warrior (so no elf ;-)) with a shining metal armor and valorious shield (probably no sign of chaos) smiting evil demons

Last edited:

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol you do make valid points, could throw in some RP to make it work, ie Elf who embraces the life yet the path of a true paladin has faded over the years so all they have to go off is books and pictures, as the paladins of Luna are corrupt

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
If you use a shield and go without Bushido then mace fighting is a good skill to have.

I can't understand why do you need to convert to elf. I don't see much difference between elves and humans. May be there is a sense to convert to a garg.

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is still much to do in UO. In fact, there are still many things I have never done. As for weapons and races, mace fighting is viable. In fact, it is even more viable than it once was with craftable black staffs (2H whirlwind weapon and can be enhanced with wood types) and there are several nice weapons including the war axe. As for the race, you can make a human, elf, or even a gargish warrior all work. Elves may be the preference for some templates, but they are by no means required.
Black Staff
Requires Expansion
splintering weapon 10.
hit lower defense 20.
hit point increase 2
defense chance increase 5.
physical damage 100.
skill: mace fighting
lesser magic item
Durability 138 / 138

Vampiric Black Staff Of Quality
Requires Expansion
(imbued)
mage weapon -27 skill
hit mana leech 96.
hit mana drain 50.
spell channeling
physical damage 100.
skill: mace fighting
reforged (greater)
Durability 255 / 255

Are these worth 10million gold?

Last edited:

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been grinding my guy up and had a chance to do navery with him. Was able to tank her for a bit when my buddies greater got sent across the room on us heh. Bandages ftw

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
War axes seem to be sword and boards best friends for macers. Btw does anyone have a link to a teach me how to potion for pvm thread?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can tank Navrey consistently with 120 Bushido, 120 Parry and 45 DCI. At 100/100/45 you'll be ok most of the time, but bandages would help. Of course I am healing with vamp form. You may be ok with a high HLL weapon.

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep that's why I'm using them. I meant sword and board instead of bushido. I can tank navery well enough only gets dicey if I don't parry a few times in a row

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop Mace and Parry for Resie ore Bushidoo and go to 100 Necro and play in Vampirform (need 95 Fire Resie).

Thats easyt art.