• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Purchase UOA

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have tried repeatedly over the last few weeks to purchase a new key for a UO account, but always get an error. I was able to get a trial account key, but that has expired. The purchase shows up at my bank as a pending transaction, so its processing ok on the payment side. Seems like a Tugsoft issue.

Anyone else able to purchase? Anyone have a way to let him know this is an issue for someone trying to pay him?

UOA Error.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have tried repeatedly over the last few weeks to purchase a new key for a UO account, but always get an error. I was able to get a trial account key, but that has expired. The purchase shows up at my bank as a pending transaction, so its processing ok on the payment side. Seems like a Tugsoft issue.

Anyone else able to purchase? Anyone have a way to let him know this is an issue for someone trying to pay him?

View attachment 133790
I've noticed that my UOA has been a little wonky for the last week or so; I haven't played much in the last month or 2 to really noticed before last week so it could have started in the last few weeks. Things like "reveal power words" isn't working (I thought it worked before) and a few other small little things like that. Supposedly there is a updated .dll file (I guess that the UOA Dev worked on) that Yoshi posted on the other forum (Tugsoft UOA).

I'm wondering if this might be the reason that the errors are happening; the system sees there is a new version but you are pointed at buying an older version? Just a guess.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is hilarious that UO classic client is only playable with the help of an assistant and that assistant miraculously is still maintained by one guy after all these years. If UOA stops being supported, then they really should just allow any assistant to be used.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play Classic Client without UOA, I have for years. I play Classic and ONLY Classic...no other programs running unless I am doing SoS's and then I will run UO Cartographer.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand that it's possible to play without UOA, and that some people do. Most of those quality of life features provided by that assistant exist in enhanced client for a reason. They are features that SHOULD be built into the classic client. If I lost those QoL features, I personally wouldn't bother playing at all.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Luckily for everyone, there is an alternative to UOA, I just can't talk about it. One could use it to do all of the stuff UOA does and nothing else. It may require some self-control but if one is able to control oneself, the chances of bad stuff happening to one are literally 0.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Luckily for everyone, there is an alternative to UOA, I just can't talk about it.
@Merlin I thought with Stratics no longer being "the unofficial forum" yadda yadda that we could freely talk about all the other programs out there. Is that still the case?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Merlin I thought with Stratics no longer being "the unofficial forum" yadda yadda that we could freely talk about all the other programs out there. Is that still the case?
You can talk about it here:
And in Unleashed.

One can only talk about it in code here, lots of 0s and ones. In truth though, the rules are a good idea. Uhall is about UO and not 3rd party programs.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UOA okay to talk about, but others should be corralled in either Unleashed or the 3rd Party Tool sub-forum. Pete's answer is on the mark.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just updating this thread. After email Don I was able to get the transaction processed. :)