• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pulling Bars EC vs CC

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a cc user only. Can't stand EC. Sure there are options on EC that I'd like in CC but trying to insert features from one to another seems to me like asking for problems. Besides this is UO. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just make a copy of the EC client but call it the CC. Then you guys can still 'say' your playing the CC while taking a BIG step forward in functionality.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just make a copy of the EC client but call it the CC. Then you guys can still 'say' your playing the CC while taking a BIG step forward in functionality.
Did that step forward for the functionality, found the hassles and problems I don't have to put up with using the CC as well, went back to wait for the fourth try at a replacement for the CC. Enough tries or competent UI designers, they'll get us 'Jurassics' to leave the best client in the game for a better one when such a thing turns up eventually. Be patient with us, we're just fond of the best.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To each his own I say. I think they should keep both clients. It's just hard to ignore threads like this that make me wonder just how 'Classic" some people want the 'Classic client' to be. How many features from the EC could be added to the CC before it wouldn't be the CC anymore? I imagine that answer would vary from user to user.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To each his own I say. I think they should keep both clients. It's just hard to ignore threads like this that make me wonder just how 'Classic" some people want the 'Classic client' to be. How many features from the EC could be added to the CC before it wouldn't be the CC anymore? I imagine that answer would vary from user to user.
They want the same graphics, that's it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ToyGift How does it automatically pull bars? I play the EC and haven't used/seen this feature....or do you mean the mobiles bar? Please explain.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The classic client shall thrive, whilst the client of evildoers claiming to call themselves "enhanced" shall burn.

We, The Squirrel Empire shall fight against the scourge of elitists who dare to call themselves better than those of the classical persuasion.

You have no monopoly on Squirrely wraith!

DUMBSHIRT_TN.gif

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we CC users get an automatic pull bars option like EC has. EC users have it extremely easy and it gives an unfair advantage to just run on their screen and your bar is automatically pulled.
@Kyronix @Bleak
The whole point of the EC is, that they don't have to work on almost 20 year old legacy code. If you're no software developer you might not understand why, but this can raise so many issues, that in the end you're burning more time, than the whole effort might be worth. With UO's current dev team size it is perfectly understandable, why they're afraid to touch that code base.

Bottom line: don't expect any new features for the CC...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we CC users get an automatic pull bars option like EC has. EC users have it extremely easy and it gives an unfair advantage to just run on their screen and your bar is automatically pulled.
@Kyronix @Bleak
We don't "pull" Bars in the EC... They are provided for us...

When we want a particular bar we "pull" it just like you do in the CC.

As for what you want if you want the functionality of the EC then use it.... if you don't want that.... then don't. The DEVs have said again and again that they are NOT going to do improvements like that on the CC.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DEVs have said again and again that they are NOT going to do improvements like that on the CC.
Which moves UO's paying CC customers on to other games when the differences get to troublesome to keep on playing. Make PvP to uneven between clients in an attempt to force players to the trash EC, they leave the game, make PvM to uneven between clients in an attempt to force players to the trash EC, they leave the game. An effective way to reduce the number of paying customers UO has for sure.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which moves UO's paying CC customers on to other games when the differences get to troublesome to keep on playing. Make PvP to uneven between clients in an attempt to force players to the trash EC, they leave the game, make PvM to uneven between clients in an attempt to force players to the trash EC, they leave the game. An effective way to reduce the number of paying customers UO has for sure.
You want the features you switch the client.... simple as that. If you quit because you can't adapt that's your problem. Honestly if a new template came out that rocked you'd swap all the stuff about your character... so a new client is available that improves your game and you pancake and cry like a school girl?!?! Man up and make the switch.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This doesn't change the fact that the development team has said they won't work on the Classic Client, most likely because it's either too time consuming or they simply cannot do it.

If you like the Classic client, play it. The EC's functionality is there if you want to make the switch. It's really up to each individual player.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man up and make the switch.
Manning up isn't required to make the switch to the EC, An exceptionally high b.s. tolerance for poorly working software is. ;)

Luckily I rarely play much past Samurai Empire other than crafting, I can still play using the CC. The two game cards on the way for the next 6 months can be used to try out some other EA games. Got Diablo 3 on the way due end of this week, ordered it with the gamecards.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you like the Classic client, play it. The EC's functionality is there if you want to make the switch. It's really up to each individual player.
Actually the way that's said should be "Use the client that works well and looks good or leave the game. It's really up to each individual player",

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Actually the way that's said should be "Use the client that works well and looks good or leave the game. It's really up to each individual player",
Since I have had few problems with the function of the enhanced client and I actually like much of the look of the enhanced client (the water especially), I could argue that the enhanced client both works well and looks just fine. As I've said quite a bit lately, the artwork is purely subjective. Yes, I like the classic client artwork. I also like the enhanced client artwork.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I have had few problems with the function of the enhanced client and I actually like much of the look of the enhanced client (the water especially), I could argue that the enhanced client both works well and looks just fine. As I've said quite a bit lately, the artwork is purely subjective. Yes, I like the classic client artwork. I also like the enhanced client artwork.
Your not alone in that opinion. Sadly your one of those with the willingness to use the worse client just because it's 'This Century! or whatever.

To each his own. Maybe UO will luck out and whoever made and is enforcing the decision to stop work on the CC will get a better job offer from elsewhere and someone can undo his brainfart. We can hope.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Manning up isn't required to make the switch to the EC, An exceptionally high b.s. tolerance for poorly working software is. ;)

Luckily I rarely play much past Samurai Empire other than crafting, I can still play using the CC. The two game cards on the way for the next 6 months can be used to try out some other EA games. Got Diablo 3 on the way due end of this week, ordered it with the gamecards.
I've been playing Diablo 3 for over a year now really enjoy it. Something I do to pass my night hours since no one seems to be on and wanting to do much in the middle of the night in UO.

I always say if I wanted to play solo I'd play a solo game not an MMO-RPG... So I have been. I have a few friends who play Diablo 3 with me so it's all good but it's something I can work on late at night when UO is asleep.

ToyGift

Visitor
So you are asking for something that is not even in the EC and you haven't even loaded up the EC to see what you are talking about? Right, OK
I have tried the EC, i know what i'm talking about, there is a feature when you run on peoples screen that their bar automatically pops on your screen.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried the EC, i know what i'm talking about, there is a feature when you run on peoples screen that their bar automatically pops on your screen.
Yes that is the mobile bars. It doesn't "automatic pull bars" though. As soon as they are off screen the mobile bar will disappear. Unless you manually click it and drag it off.

ToyGift

Visitor
Yes that is the mobile bars. It doesn't "automatic pull bars" though. As soon as they are off screen the mobile bar will disappear. Unless you manually click it and drag it off.
And this matters why? I need their bar when I am on their screen not when I am off it.:facepalm:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So grab the bar from dragging it off the player, or use ctrl shift. If they are not leaving the screen it's easy.

Good luck with the request for this feature. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

ToyGift

Visitor
So grab the bar from dragging it off the player, or use ctrl shift. If they are not leaving the screen it's easy.

Good luck with the request for this feature. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
IF i am in a group fight dragging their bars takes time, something EC players don't have to worry about and have an advantage, try to think.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF i am in a group fight dragging their bars takes time, something EC players don't have to worry about and have an advantage, try to think.
It's not an advantage that is unfair since it IS available to you.... and you chose not to use it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I couldn't careless about this feature, although it IS an advantage, I don't see it as "Unfair" at least not as much as other things in the EC.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your not alone in that opinion. Sadly your one of those with the willingness to use the worse client just because it's 'This Century! or whatever.
No, they use it... because it has the features you and others are asking for in the CC. I feel like this has been established by now.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually it is NOT an advantage, if you play EC yes the 'mobiles' bar pops the bars into your mobile list, what it also does it shuffles them around continuously as stuff moves closer or further away from you, if you click it and drag it off (which generally means putting your cursor onto the small cross to 'move' it off the mobiles list) it will stop on your sreen and not jitterbug around. No way I would be using the 'mobiles' bar as a targetting option, I drag it off just as you have to do in cc. It is actually 'harder' to drag off due to having to get it OUT of the mobiles list than just clicking on a player and dragging their bar off and positioning it where you want it. But as for the 'unfair' business, well all I can say is everyone in this game has the ability to use and play whatever client they wish. If you choose not to use the EC all good, that is YOUR choice. Nothing 'unfair' about it. I want to be able to 'follow' people by alt left clicking on them like in the cc, can't do it in the EC, is that unfair???

Nope, you know why? I CHOOSE to play the EC, MY CHOICE so I don't get that ability.

So tired of all this 'unfair' crap, everyone can play the client they want and take what each client can and can't do along with the type of graphics each client offers up. Get over it ppl.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MissEcho there's an option when you right click on your mobile arrow to turn off the distance sort so they don't jump around.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Paste CC art over the EC client and I think we're all good. Call the CC the CCEC and the other butt ugly ;) EC users gotta accept the CC is the popular client and they only hurt UO by ignoring this blatant fact. As you leave the CC behind you leave UO behind.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Paste CC art over the EC client and I think we're all good. Call the CC the CCEC and the other butt ugly ;) EC users gotta accept the CC is the popular client and they only hurt UO by ignoring this blatant fact. As you leave the CC behind you leave UO behind.