• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish Idea / Gold Sink / Creative Expression

D

Das Shifter

You all may know that as a community we tend to bore easily, constantly seeking change and new ways to express our creativity.. Many of us do these things by changing the color of our armor/clothing, our hair styles/colors and working to create the most unique templates and or houses.

I propose to EA a chance to help gamers enjoy the many interesting and useful items they have given us over the years.. Lets face it, post AoS the items are an imperial element in our in game success wether you pvm or pvp.

I say give us a vendor (much like the hair styleist), and or a quest (similar to elf to human and vice versa), that will allow us to change the appearance of the top tier items people strive so hard to obtain..

Much like allowing people to craft runic headwear with kits but not limited to. I know there are people from banksiters to pvp who want to do well in game and look good doing it. I mean if your going to spend x amount of hours looking at your characters per week we should at least enjoy what we see..

The glasses were a great idea, years ago. but everyone from peerless warriors to necro mages look the SAME! aside from color in some cases.
I would love to make my hat of the magi or folded steel glasses look like a bandana or an orc mask while retaining the exact same mods.. and how many females wouldnt desire an armor of fortune on their mage or tamer that was female armor or a bustier.. Something like this could become a massive gold sink and keep people interested and inspire diversity among us. Also it could bring back the so little sought after and widely forgotten items lost in the realm such as hats/Studded armor plate armor or just plain clothing! not to mention weapons like the halbred/war hammers/Daggers and scimitars..

It would bring some life back to the player base and make things alot of fun again.. give me some feedback and lets get the devs to recognize how something so seemingly small can become something so big!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 cents ...

If people want to be fashionable, they can be fashionable. If they want to be practical (maxed out) they can be practical. With the restrictions we have, it allows you to pretty clearly see which camp a character falls into. Restrictions and limitations create character.

W

Wynne

I would like to be able to change magic robes (robe of the eclipse, vet reward robes, etc) to plain dresses. My lady characters do not like robes at all. ;)

I'd like to be able to change items from male pieces to female pieces and vice versa. Or elves only items to human items. Etc.

Some of us however aren't incredibly wealthy in game and could see paying only up to 100,000 gp for each piece converted....if even that. If it is more, it will put the idea out of the reach of players who aren't rich.

A

AtlanteanAngel

I vote "aye" to this gold sink idea, together with selling Tokuno Dyes by NPCs. (Players who don't wish to devalue their Tokuno Dye set, no worries, each Dye sold by an NPC should cost millions of gold, similar to current player vendor prices).

I say give us a vendor (much like the hair styleist), and or a quest (similar to elf to human and vice versa), that will allow us to change the appearance of the top tier items people strive so hard to obtain..
No to the "quest" idea, yes to the "vendor" idea. The quest idea implies lots of hard work without gold being directly involved, while the "vendor" idea is the effective gold sink idea.

I further recommend that NPCs sell all sorts of artifacts, including Doom arties, Peerless Boss arties, Tokuno arties, etc. Don't worry that pple will stop going to Doom, Peerless, etc. Let the NPCs sell these arties at similar player vendor prices, so pple will continue to go to Doom, Peerless, etc, while at the same time we have additional effective gold sinks.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat idea! I can envision an NPC that, when handed an item, will allow selecting a graphic type to apply the same stats and color onto.

Using the Armor of Fortune example, when the item is handed in, a gump pops up with pictures of a plate tunic, a chain tunic, a ringmail tunic, a studded tunic, a leather tunic, a studded bustier, a leather bustier, female plate, female studded armor, female leather armor, a plate do, studded do, and leather do. All would be hued paragon gold, the same as the original item. Essentially, the full selection of graphics that fit into the chest armor slot. When chosen, a fee could be deducted from one's bank. If insufficient funds exist, the original item could be safely returned to the player's pack.

U

UltimaSword

Neat idea! I can envision an NPC that, when handed an item, will allow selecting a graphic type to apply the same stats and color onto.

Using the Armor of Fortune example, when the item is handed in, a gump pops up with pictures of a plate tunic, a chain tunic, a ringmail tunic, a studded tunic, a leather tunic, a studded bustier, a leather bustier, female plate, female studded armor, female leather armor, a plate do, studded do, and leather do. All would be hued paragon gold, the same as the original item. Essentially, the full selection of graphics that fit into the chest armor slot. When chosen, a fee could be deducted from one's bank. If insufficient funds exist, the original item could be safely returned to the player's pack.

All we need now is a dev to make the code. Let's do it! LoL I wish.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I suppose if going from a medable armor type to a non-medable armor type, 'mage armor' would need to be added as a free extra property to ensure comparable usage (assuming the original item does not already feature that modifier).

E

Eslake

Being able to change the apearance of items to match up outfits is something we've asked for since AoS (and to a much lesser degree, prior).

I suggested making it a skill. Trasmutation. (replace ItemId or TasteID)

At lower skill one could transmute cheese wheels into spools of thread and similar trivial items.

At higher skill one could transmute one type of armor into another holding the same properties (would have to add a Non-Mage property for converting metal armors into leathers).

On a failure, the object instead loses 150 points of whole durability and if it falls below 0 it is destroyed outright.

The tool would be a special Wand. (switch graphic, tinker-made with a requisite spellweaving skill to craft, and color woods give a small bonus success%)

--
Having an NPC handle it would work too of course. And every little bit of gold being spent to NPCs is a plus.

S

Shanna

I like the idea of sexilify my Armor of Fortune and maybe making my Arcane Shield into a cute little buckler...
However, I disagree with peerless loot and doom arties being available on NPC vendors. Tram peeps, for the most part, compete these items with the Fel peeps' powerscrolls. (Yes, some have a mixture but that's not my arguement)

B

Brucie Kibbutz

I've asked for this for a long time. Ever worn a Rune Beetle Carapace with leather arms and ninja gloves? Thank god for robes is all I can say. Please, please, add in some sort of armor converter.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decent idea. Sounds too easy though. How long til someone uses it to dupe orny's? hahah

C

Coppelia

Oh please, not again. Gold sinks must target players who gather huge amounts of gold coins, not fashion victims. That's like the Aquarium thing. House decorating doesn't bring gold, so why would I need a sink? You suggest me to go farm gold to have one? That's pretty unproductive isn't it?

I'm bored of suggestions for gold sink that interrest me and my never over 1.5 million bank account and that people with hundreds of millions don't care about.
Shoo!