• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 81.0

boltar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like for you (developers) to try and make any armor other then leather or wood armor useable. With the new updates it just makes leather and wood even more useable and even less reason to use plate or stud. There are ZERO bonuses on picking stud or plate(chain,etc). How about add some better bonuses for ingots? Anything.

Even with the changes on weapons, you still made zero reason on using any other weapons but one with armor ignore, faint, or whirlwind. (maybe 1 or two others but out 32 special moves maybe 5 we want to use) You should make the special moves more useful.

If you don't all this work, and design means nothing because no one will use any of the new changes you have in this patch. Nothing will change other then putting more SSI for people who throw.

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i see obv they really want to loose even more players
these changes are really screwing a lot of peoples chars i really dont get why some of the changes are coming in for example the refresh timer so when in fel at a champ spawn your gunna to get blocked in with spawn and killled
or surrounded by dexxers or players the same thing, also why change the specail on skinning knife shadow strike i dont know anyone who uses it and now the change means its going to bleed? dont understand it spec when people have spent so much gold for such weaps for them to make them useless
really not happy with the changes for the pvp side of the game i really think its a complete joke and from what people have said i speak to im not the only one

also on another note i went on test with a copyied char to test a the ai dmg (with soul glaive) and i cannot select it tho if i buy a normal soulglaive it works fine?

Last edited:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i see obv they really want to loose even more players
these changes are really screwing a lot of peoples chars i really dont get why some of the changes are coming in for example the refresh timer so when in fel at a champ spawn your gunna to get blocked in with spawn and killled
or surrounded by dexxers or players the same thing, also why change the specail on skinning knife shadow strike i dont know anyone who uses it and now the change means its going to bleed? dont understand it spec when people have spent so much gold for such weaps for them to make them useless
really not happy with the changes for the pvp side of the game i really think its a complete joke and from what people have said i speak to im not the only one

also on another note i went on test with a copyied char to test a the ai dmg (with soul glaive) and i cannot select it tho if i buy a normal soulglaive it works fine?
You have to run the client_tc.exe to test the new feature on Test Center. Maybe that's why it didn't work

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got on test, outfitted myself in full plate, and went and fought a wandering healer. I seemed to take full stamina loss from damage as usual.. either it doesn't work or it sucks...

I take back all previous props i gave....

And yes, i was running the tc client for the patch

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can some do some quantitative testing on stamina loss as its alwaya been? Ive got it stuck in my head that macing does 75% of dmg dealt as stamina dmg while all other dmg sources are 25% of dmg dealt. I think i have this from an old five on friday like 6 years ago but ill have to check the word doc i saved em on. I just wanted to confirm what we are all accustomed to before deciding what in the newnsystem is broken.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please keep this patch on test center long enough to get these changes balanced and viable for game play. From the sounds of things, the dwindling pvp community is very nervous right now.

I was highly anticipating this update when it was mentioned at UO's bday party and so far it is a big let down. There is nothing I can say that I am looking forward to, nothing to say "wow, I can't wait to play with that change." You have done the bug patch, now its time to add fun again...give us some carrots to go along with this beat down from the nerf stick :-/

Once again things have been "fixed" that weren't really broken, ie moving around the specials. Sure they may not seem right, clubs hide you, but we have gotten used to them and for the most part they work. Think about it, if I hit you hard enough with a club you wont see me anymore!

The biggest disappointment with this patch is so little was done with the various armor types in each crafting category. Sure wood armor is for elves and stone for gargs. But why would I chose platemail over ringmail? I really hope there are several parts to come as part 1 is very meager. Will armor revamp part 2 be in an entirely different patch, the next patch? How many armor revamps will there be? Will each armor type have unique properties or bonuses/negatives; ie will platemail be different from dragon armor or ringmail when this is all said and done?

Last edited:

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going against the general consensus - I like the sound of these new inherent properties, there's still a way to go before the different armour types seem 'balanced' but it's a start and will give me more to think about when designing dexxer suits at least.

I'd like some more clarity on what order the '5 pieces of armour' are considered if my 6 piece suit is a mixture of plate and studded for instance - always the maximum potential for each property, always the minimum, always plate > wood > studded, always head slot > gorget > arms... or is the helmet discounted... and presumably gargoyle's can only get a maximum of 4 pieces...?

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear plate along time, 14+ years. I heard of a stamina problem people are not pleased with. I went and fought dragons on atlantic, and lose the ammount of stamina i am used to (no leech).
I did it on test center, and it wasn't super but there was a nice difference. But one of the things people are saying that I am hearing.
No matter what type of dmg you take, if your full stamina you will lose 20-30 stam. A magic missle soaked up 30 stam it seems, then the normal reduction seemed to work perfectly. If the orginal dmg is hit, then everyone will notice more of a difference in the stam loss.

Seems, only against spell dmg for the first stam hit. Headless isn't touching my stam.

Hope this helps some

Last edited:

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, Leafblade , 99% of the players will have one for pvp more than likely.

drclown

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
lol they gonna make so many changes, they just gonna put more overpowerd bugs in the game that ppl are gonna exploit! u would think after trying to do it right after 15 years they would have figured this out by now. again all they really need to do is talk to a select few ppl that been playing this game and know the ends and outs on the fel side as well as the Tram side ! we have thrown awesome ideas out throughout the past few years and never seen anything change, and yes we know they need to keep making a profit but our ideas also allow for that to be the case !

Tracker23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
another thing before making big changes :
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.
not sitting with spreadsheets making suits, and making one suit maybe not a big deal, but i have several chars i play regular(or want to)
I want to go hunt monsters, I want to go do champspawns, I want to go do Peerless bosses, I want to PvP
and I want a suit that compete with the best doing that,

i had to start selling my rares with aos,as I had no money then,to buy arties and brk armor,never liked doing that, but if you have to you have to. and i upgraded the suit over and over, small changes, making it really nice overtime, then came imbuing, making it look like something you give to newbies...

I got a decent dexerarmor and magearmor now, i still got upgrades to make(slither) but will these armor even be playable with these new huge uncalled upgrade?
I been playing UO since 99 sometimes more sometimes less, this is probably not the last nail in my coffin, but sure one that hurts

Last edited: