• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 70 - Crustacean Reward Weight Bug

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any Great Lakes fishers tried to turn in crustaceans to see if this bug is fixed yet? Since regular players of Great Lakes with a fisher character should already have their fish/crustacean stock and ships, it'd be easier for them to check.

B

Beastmaster

Tested this tonight. It took me 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, but I have proven beyond any doubt that the crustacean point values have NOT been fixed. I got an order for 10 king crabs and my reward was a giant koi bait with 5 uses.

Mark has not delivered at all!

Fishers we have about 2 weeks before this goes live. Please raise a hue and cry and push EA to correct this old bug as promised.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've sent a PM to Devs explaining the bug again. I've also noticed Mark hasnt visited the forums since 02-16-2011 (from his user page).

B

Beastmaster

I've sent a PM to Devs explaining the bug again. I've also noticed Mark hasnt visited the forums since 02-16-2011 (from his user page).
I noticed that a few days ago myself. Here is the PM he sent me on 2-14-11

Mark_Mythic said:
Thank you for the message. I will try to have it fixed for pub 70.

Sorry about the delay in writing back. I've been really busy with trying to wrap up the live story and getting Magincia ready.

Beastmaster said:
This post has the empirical data to back our claim of trapped fish values equaling shallow water.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/227946-merely-talking-fishmongers-drops-ones-reputation-them-post1859871.html#post1859871

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is quite disappointing to see a bug remained from the High Seas booster, experienced every day since then by the fishers, acknowledged by the devs and expected to be fixed hasnt even been delivered for Publish 70 :(. Two days passed since my PM but it was weekend so I'm expecting a respond today.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested this tonight. It took me 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, but I have proven beyond any doubt that the crustacean point values have NOT been fixed. I got an order for 10 king crabs and my reward was a giant koi bait with 5 uses.
A HUGE thanks to Beastmaster for his two and a half hours for checking if the bug still exists!

The reward weight of the lobsters and crabs as been adjusted.
Publish 70.0 patch notes | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

:beer:

(also thanks to Devs for reading this and fixing it :))

B

Beastmaster

You're welcome. I plan to spend another 2 hours tonight retesting to see what they did since they can't be bothered to just tell us.

Also note the lava lobster traps are not mentioned. They've been nothing but boat anchors since day 1.

B

Beastmaster

Crustacean values are indeed fixed.

Lava lobster traps still untested.

Anyone on Great Lakes got any lava lobster traps to test with?